Talk about Pods with an Old Fart

Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
My brother does big clouds, so I suppose he would need a higher strength nic to get a similar satisfaction from a pod. When he was recently stopped the coffin nails he said a 6ml sauce in a Suorin Air got him through the rough times when his cloud maker wasn't practical.

Being a toodle puffer, I can get by just fine with a low nic sauce similar to my bigger stuff.

I just got a Vuse Alto and a couple of My Blu. I really like the idea of a tiny mod after toting around my Kanger rig. The simplicity is also something that I appreciate over the dealing with the rba, making coils,rewicking and all the other things that go with having the Kanger.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
I pretty much dismissed pods initially thinking, like many, that they were simply differently styled cigalikes. Eventually I relented and picked up one of those 1$ MyBlu just to confirm my suspicions and well, given the price, it wasn't like I would be out much regardless. To my surprise, it wasn't half bad and I loved the form factor.

Refilling it was easy enough and using my own juice, I found myself grabbing it quite often when going out due to it's ease of carry. I'm certain there are better options than this device but because of it, I'm now on the hunt to find the one for me. Granted I'm taking my time choosing because, like anything vape related these days, change comes pretty fast and already the choices are numerous but a pod device of some sort will continue to be a integral part of my vape arsenal.

Will it cause me to dispose of all my other devices, no, not a chance but it definitely fills I a need that I had for something easily pocket-able, discreet and functional. It clearly won't appeal to everyone but what vape device does? :D

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I just figured out how to refill a Bo Vape cartridge. It also appears easy to re-wick. Re-coil? Others can say as I wouldn't know how to.

To me, this carpenter pencil shaped device is more like a modern cig-a-like than a pod. Others may say otherwise. They may call it a pod as well. That's why I bought it and how I stumbled onto the other pods I use.

To me the Bo prefilled cartridges with fake tobacco, honey and other stuff trying to mask their harsh (to me) 50ml sauce made it unuseable due to massive coughing and euporia from all that nic. But it hits real well. So after reading it can be re-filled and not leak I figured "heck, I spent the $ for it, might as well get some use from it".

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
As a guy who started with cig-a-likes over 6 years ago then moved up thru the ranks of bigger and bigger, I have always been a sucker for a smaller, pocket friendly device. I still use my egrip and istick basic and even my old evods for out and about. Now things are going back to smaller and smaller and I've tried a few of the pods. The new Nautilus AIO is pretty good (the best I've tried) but in reality, none of them are better than my tried and true pocket devices.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
No, no need to worry about sodium. That's not how nic salts are made (lots of different things are salts that have nothing to do with sodium like table salt used for food). The advantage to nic salts is the high concentration of nic so can use without it being harsh or giving too much throat hit. That makes it a good match to a mtl pod that only holds say 2 ml of juice. You can get enough nic without having to chain vape it (unless you want to) or deal with too harsh a vape.
Awesome job, eskie, explaining nic salt in the easiest, understandable terms. Always amazes me though when people think they taste salt or worry about increased sodium intake when using nicotine salts.

Reactions: Eskie

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
As a guy who started with cig-a-likes over 6 years ago then moved up thru the ranks of bigger and bigger, I have always been a sucker for a smaller, pocket friendly device. I still use my egrip and istick basic and even my old evods for out and about. Now things are going back to smaller and smaller and I've tried a few of the pods. The new Nautilus AIO is pretty good (the best I've tried) but in reality, none of them are better than my tried and true pocket devices.
Yeah, I started with an eGrip in 2015. Have a new eGrip VT just passed thru Chicago customs. But those suckers are solid and hefty for their size. I plan on it being my relaxing in the bunk mod with a morning/evening tobacco or coffee flavor.
I see most folks prefer the pod as strictly an out and about device. I guess I'm thrilled to have it as ADV cuz I live mostly out and about for weeks/months at a time.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Yeah, I started with an eGrip in 2015. Have a new eGrip VT just passed thru Chicago customs. But those suckers are solid and hefty for their size. I plan on it being my relaxing in the bunk mod with a morning/evening tobacco or coffee flavor.
I see most folks prefer the pod as strictly an out and about device. I guess I'm thrilled to have it as ADV cuz I live mostly out and about for weeks/months at a time.
Just checked out the eGrip VT - looks as though it uses the CL/CLR heads. Nice! What's the airflow like? Can it do a reasonably tight MTL?

Thanks.

Reactions: Eskie

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Just checked out the eGrip VT - looks as though it uses the CL/CLR heads. Nice! What's the airflow like? Can it do a reasonably tight MTL?

Thanks.
It uses a tiny screw for setting AFC just like GS Air tanks. Can be closed down to nothing! The VT requires a very simple hack to the CL'R' coil to make it fit ' I'm told '. I bought 6pks of CL Ni coils @29¢ PK as backup just in case the hack doesn't work.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I was going to purchase a few pods for friends for Xmas presents. Maybe one for me (I've pretty much quit vaping but would like to have something for stressful times to ensure I never return to smoking).

1) Are there any that have battery that last longer than 650mAH? With refillable pods. Mouthpiece closer to normal drip tip ... don't like the feeling of vaping on a woodwind musical instrument type mouthpiece LOL

Reactions: Vicman

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
1) Are there any that have battery that last longer than 650mAH? With refillable pods. Mouthpiece closer to normal drip tip ... don't like the feeling of vaping on a woodwind musical instrument type mouthpiece LOL
The Lost Vape Orion has a round drip tip which is as close to a normal drip tip as you will get with a pod. It has a 950mah battery, adjustable airflow, and has three power settings along with replay as it has the DNA go chip. It is pricey and the pods are not cheap either. With that said, the pods get good life so the price per pod is not great when factoring their longevity.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I was going to purchase a few pods for friends for Xmas presents. Maybe one for me (I've pretty much quit vaping but would like to have something for stressful times to ensure I never return to smoking).

I think the only pod I've seen that meets your drip tip requirement is the Lost Vape Orion. Very well loved but semi-pricey. The 650 mAh Vaporesso Zero that I won lasts me all day (+) and recharge only takes 15/20 minutes but has the duckbill mouthpiece. Just this morning learned that I've won an 800 mAh Innokin EQ but once again it's a duckbill. I find the duckbill on the zero quite comfortable. But then I prefer a flat Cigarillos tip type drip tip on my 'normal' tanks.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I think the only pod I've seen that meets your drip tip requirement is the Lost Vape Orion. Very well loved but semi-pricey. The 650 mAh Vaporesso Zero that I won lasts me all day (+) and recharge only takes 15/20 minutes but has the duckbill mouthpiece. Just this morning learned that I've won an 800 mAh Innokin EQ but once again it's a duckbill. I find the duckbill on the zero quite comfortable. But then I prefer a flat Cigarillos tip type drip tip on my 'normal' tanks.

The EQ is a nice performer, better than I expected for a ~$25 pod mod. Good enough I bought extra pods for it (I won mine from Innokin also along with a Zenith ona CF mini). The Orion is excellent. Great performance, excellent flavor, Replay on a DNA Go chop, and reportedly long pod life (just got it yesterday so not nearly long enough for actual experience to back that up). I think it's well worth the price differential for a flexible pod mod that can really hold its own as an adv if you're out and about and don't want to load your pockets down.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
TY everyone. Duckbill was the word I was looking for. :) I wasn't sure what they were called. For some people feeling something going to throat is what satisfies them; for others it is feeling something going into lungs; for me it was always "just" the mouth/lip thing, I dunno why, but I was a major thumb-sucker as an infant/toddler, which eventually required expensive orthodontics.....in adolescence that seemed to turn into nail biting......which also eventually just went away on it's own.

I have realized that drip tip is the "thing" that does it for me.....even if I don't press the "on" button on a vape, I just like the feeling of something to nibble on I guess? Who knows. I honestly think I would never have started smoking had it not been for this seemingly innate habit and wish I had just chewed on straws or something. :(

I think I will get cheapo pod stuff for friends xmas, and research something more pricey for myself to keep in a drawer somewhere. I did notice that since I stopped vaping I seem to have urges for sugar, so it would be best not to "go there" as I am only about 10lbs overweight for my age, and don't want to tempt fate!!!

That Orion sounds pretty classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread