Not open for further replies.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
recently got a noisy cricket mech mod. two 18650s in series.
fierce? looked up fierce in the dictionary and there was a picture of the cricket staring back at me. couldn't find anything acceptable with the two builds i tried. so here's the third. 2 10 wrap 26AWG kanthal contact coils both coming in at 0.5 ohms separately. hoping that combined they'll be able to tame the cricket just a tad.
anyone here built for one of these mods? if so what did you go with?
(oh and the bit of paper is for my reference so they don't get mixed up in the bag o' many coils)

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Assuming a 2mm internal diameter, that build will have a total of 0.5 ohms, each coil being around 1 ohm.
0.5 ohms on the NC1 is 17 amps and about 140 watts which to me is quite a lot.

Try bumping the internal diameter up to 2.5mm and add another two wraps to each coil for a total of 12 on each - 0.73 ohms, 12 amps and 96 watts.
Or a 3mm internal diameter with the same number of wraps - 0.84 ohms, 10 amps and 84 watts.

These wattages are approximate, voltage drop and battery sag will mean the output will be slightly lower.
I'm not sure what wattage you are shooting for, but the last one I listed is what I use.
The NC1 does not need to be savage, it's determined by what resistance coils you use.

I modelled these builds in steam-engine

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
I haven't, but those coils look nice, I can't remember if it's series or parallel, but 0.5 ohms (I am assuming that is the total of the two) sounds like a decent place to start, you've got some safety built into your build at that resistance... Good luck,

Anna
safety first. always. more mechs than regulated it seems. simple man...simple tastes etc
Assuming a 2mm internal diameter, that build will have a total of 0.5 ohms, each coil being around 1 ohm.
0.5 ohms on the NC1 is 17 amps and about 140 watts which to me is quite a lot.

Try bumping the internal diameter up to 2.5mm and add another two wraps to each coil for a total of 12 on each - 0.73 ohms, 12 amps and 96 watts.
Or a 3mm internal diameter with the same number of wraps - 0.84 ohms, 10 amps and 84 watts.

These wattages are approximate, voltage drop and battery sag will mean the output will be slightly lower.
I'm not sure what wattage you are shooting for, but the last one I listed is what I use.
The NC1 does not need to be savage, it's determined by what resistance coils you use.

I modelled these builds in steam-engine
these are 22AWG. they work but fine tuning required...wind on...

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
You said 26G in your OP
Like I said, that is going to be a savage build
i did another build with 22 after reading your post. lot less savage now though it's still nothing to be trifled with :2cool:
I have 4 of these (and 4 nemesis clones) that I bought for my stash last year and have never tried. I really should give a mech a try now that I have a clue what I am doing, if I have a mech safe tank or dripper.
i would normally use a dripper on my mechs but running the avocado 24 on this.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Love the Avocado 24 - it's one of my favorite genny-style RTAs.

As far as taming the Noisy Cricket - I sold mine. Way to much voltage for me, and no matter what I built for it the vape was too hot. To each their own, but series mech mods are not for me.
i've found that they aren't really for me either. shelf piece .

3vilpsychos

Oct 19, 2017
Love the Avocado 24 - it's one of my favorite genny-style RTAs.

As far as taming the Noisy Cricket - I sold mine. Way to much voltage for me, and no matter what I built for it the vape was too hot. To each their own, but series mech mods are not for me.
Im getting into larger 24+ but not that damn stream crave. You know, that hurt rta that looks like Bender from Futuramas penis.

I have the avocado 22 myself. The only build that is halfway decent in this atty is coils with 2.5 or smaller.

I thought it was the same with all 22, but my indestructible can handle any size coil or thrown at it. I think Its got something to do with the dome top, and sleeve create hardly any space when fully constructed.

I am looking forward to getting the nc2. But honestly for the opposite. I want to be able to build parallel, and series. But more parallel.

I would love to see more parallel squonk mods. These single battery mods suck. You cannot get any battery life if you vape at .9 or lower.

It seems to me that single battery mods useless. I get 3 times the battery life that I get from 1 battery from 2. I think it has something to do with battery stress, and sharing the load.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Informative
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread