Status
Not open for further replies.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
They're just two caps pressure fit on a glass tube with o-rings. Nothing fancy. I would hope you don't need instructions to disassemble them.

Understood, but what form of tool would you use? Looking at it there appears to be a Gasket under each cap. I would be hesitant to pry the Caps off from a functioning Tank. I can understand if you break the Glass.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
My first choice would be a fingernail. Even short ones work fine. If I couldn't use a fingernail, I'd try a different fingernail. :)

Except for one of the smaller diameters, the glass is rather thick & very resilient. Even if you dropped it, it'd have a pretty decent chance of surviving.

I pull the caps on mine (I have 3 19's & 2 22's) for deep cleaning every so often. It's not that big of a deal. When you first get them, they can be a little stubborn to get off, but it's still not that difficult. The o-rings will break in & soften up a little after you remove them a couple times... not enough to make falling off or having a carto push them out an issue, but a touch easier to pry off.

Last edited:

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
My first choice would be a fingernail. Even short ones work fine. If I couldn't use a fingernail, I'd try a different fingernail. :)

Except for one of the smaller diameters, the glass is rather thick & very resilient. Even if you dropped it, it'd have a pretty decent chance of surviving.

I pull the caps on mine (I have 3 19's & 2 22's) for deep cleaning every so often. It's not that big of a deal. When you first get them, they can be a little stubborn to get off, but it's still not that difficult. The o-rings will break in & soften up a little after you remove them a couple times... not enough to make falling off or having a carto push them out an issue, but a touch easier to pry off.

Thank you very much for this Ozwald since I have the 19's.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
No worries. You'll be fine with 19's. If you have too much trouble getting them off the first time, just use something thin without sharp edges to help get it going. A nail file would work. Just not a knife or a screwdriver or anything that might have sharp edges. Chances are if you give it an honest try, you won't need it.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
DJ, I use the cartomizer. Push it down into the tank and tilt it to the side then use it to push the top cap off, sometimes I push the cap off a little on one side then tilt the cartomizer to the other side and push there. Once the top cap is off slide it out some and use it to leverage the bottom cap side to side, just dont lever over with any kind of huge pressure and it will wiggle out. If it is stubborn then pull the cartomizer out and use it from the other end through the tank to push again from the inside like you did with the top cap.

I wouldnt use any kind of metal slid in between the cap and glass tube. If you note the design of our tanks the metal can never touch the glass because of the washer and oring. Metal is like kryptonite to glass and the impetus for our reasoning in the design.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
DJ, I use the cartomizer. Push it down into the tank and tilt it to the side then use it to push the top cap off, sometimes I push the cap off a little on one side then tilt the cartomizer to the other side and push there. Once the top cap is off slide it out some and use it to leverage the bottom cap side to side, just dont lever over with any kind of huge pressure and it will wiggle out. If it is stubborn then pull the cartomizer out and use it from the other end through the tank to push again from the inside like you did with the top cap.

I wouldnt use any kind of metal slid in between the cap and glass tube. If you note the design of our tanks the metal can never touch the glass because of the washer and oring. Metal is like kryptonite to glass and the impetus for our reasoning in the design.

OCD, this is Brilliant - Now why did I not think of this :)

Between you and Baditude the help on this Forum has helped this Newbie tremendously.

Many Thanks.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I only had to use a nail file once & just enough to get my fingernails underneath it. I did, however, find something else that's kryptonite to the tanks... my floor :glare:

Broke my first tank last night. Tried to catch it rolling off the desk & only helped it along. Bounced off my lap & missed again. It probably would've survived had my missed grabs not helped it along. 2 new tubes ordered this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread