Just Ordered and have a question or ... two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeebadeeb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Michigan
I think you forgot to say what type of tank but I can tell you mean an ibtank. They come assembled in a nice little container called a "thingy." They are extremely simple to assemble and disassemble if need be. Juat make sure if this is your first experience with cartomizers that you do a little research into proper priming and filling. It's easy once you see it done. There is a Baditude blog right here on ECF with good information or there is a Pbusardo youtube video. Both are very helpful. If you have trouble finding either, I can link you,.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
There is also an instructional flyer on IBTanked.com under the FAQ page that covers the basics of what you need to know. You will also receive a copy of it in your order.

Essentially,

Protect your orings, the refilling drip tip or similar tool is great for this.
Completely prime the cartomizer.
Ease into the power.
Refilling...

Enjoy

AlabamaWoody

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Huntsville, Al ,USA
Yep, IB Tanked. I always cussed the carto's a couple of years ago when I first tried vaping. I have been using various Aspire clearo's and I have come to the conclusion that carto's have a better taste to them. Maybe not if your rolling your own atomizer wicks and such but I can't do that, can't see good enough, fingers don't want to cooperate so I see now I can have a carto in a tank. That sounds promising. I read a bunch of good stuff bout IB tanked and the people that operate the business so I have high hopes !!! Seeing how I have learned a bunch here on ECF I try to buy from sponsors. Just like I try to support my brick and mortar but they don't carry IB Tanked.

I order just a couple of cartomizers in XL 2.0. If I liked them I would order more. I see a lot of opinions about Ikenvape, Boge, etc. I just ordered 2 off the IB Tanked site XL 2.0 and I believe 2 hole punched. What do you folks prefer? I see several people using 3.0 ohms, I guess thats for a much warmer vape, more vapor - what kind of wattage would you use for something like that or Voltage, whichever you use on your device. I would appreciate any thoughts. I figure on starting out at my usual 6 watts and go up .5 at a time until I find what I like. With my 1.8 ohm BDC from Aspire I run 7 - 7.5 watts or I switch over to Voltage sometimes and use 3.6 or maybe creep up a little. On the one tobacco flavor I use I have in a 2.1 ohm BDC Aspire and I run 7.5 - 8.5 Watts for that flavor. Is what I'm doing consistent to what you good folks use for w/v? Thanks !

AlabamaWoody

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Huntsville, Al ,USA
I think you forgot to say what type of tank but I can tell you mean an ibtank. They come assembled in a nice little container called a "thingy." They are extremely simple to assemble and disassemble if need be. Juat make sure if this is your first experience with cartomizers that you do a little research into proper priming and filling. It's easy once you see it done. There is a Baditude blog right here on ECF with good information or there is a Pbusardo youtube video. Both are very helpful. If you have trouble finding either, I can link you,.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I will check out both the blog and youtube stuff. I used carto's a couple of years ago and I would just fill the bottom rubber cup about 3/4 full with liquid and I would insert the carto slowly and raise up and down until it soaked up all the juice. I figure these carto's are bigger. Do they come with the "condom" still? I've read about people using 20 drops ... So I will have to check out the info. I will have to see it but I guess the carto sucks up the juice in the tank so I guess if you do a good job of priming and get a good carto you would be in business ?? !! It would suck up the rest as you vape. I would love to find some carto's that worked well and if I liked it buy about a 100 of those suckers. But I got to see it, vape it and see what I think.
Appreciate your help !

AlabamaWoody

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Huntsville, Al ,USA
There is also an instructional flyer on IBTanked.com under the FAQ page that covers the basics of what you need to know. You will also receive a copy of it in your order.

Essentially,

Protect your orings, the refilling drip tip or similar tool is great for this.
Completely prime the cartomizer.
Ease into the power.
Refilling...

Enjoy

I keep reading about a tool. Is that just the long drip tip that I ordered or is there another tool.
Also I can't find any email from you confirming my order. It just happens that today was the day my computer automatically deletes my junk and trash folders, once a month. They could have been in there. But it took my order well. I will have to go to your website and check my account. I will check out the Q&A section too. Glad to know it comes with a booklet.
SO ..... I hate to put you on the spot but I ordered the 19mm tank in XL in some cool green colors and I got the above mentioned cartomizers.
I believe they were 2 hole XL 2.0 ohm. What carto's do you use. What do you suggest. I like a mouth hit and a lil lung hit and exhale through the nose and mouth. Don't want to make clouds but would like to get enough vapor similar to the amount of smoke I would get from a drag off an analog smoke. What do you suggest :) Thanks !

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hi Woody, I use the Smoktech 3.2ohm cartomizers at 7 to 9W and usually the lower end of that 7.5 is where I am. There are factors that will play to this such as the device you are using it on, all devices are not the same in regards to output. The punched cartomizers we sell are the flanged ones so they do not come with the rubber cup piece (condom) you mentioned.

Sounds to me from your description of what you are after in terms of draw and experience you are a lot like myself. The SmokTech cartomizers have a bit of that raspy/smokiness to them which is why I use them. I find a long light draw both gives that kind of hit and is good for keeping synced with the tank. This is the one thing that is so different for everyone because every factor comes into play. You see you have to reach a balance in the liquid being vaporized and the liquid being drawn in but liquid viscosity, power level, cartomizer, holes and vaping style all come into play. Sometimes it takes a little experimentation to find that match.

Yes, the long thin "Refilling Drip Tip" is the tool you read about. There are other tools that some like more for various reasons but this one works good and is only $2.50 which is why we sell so many of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread