Tank gone bad???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJRivera

Jan 21, 2018
Hi! So I went to this vape shop to get juice and to learn how to set my vape up. After a couple of weeks the vape showed up a message "atomizer low" and it wouldn't work but tank was full. So I changed the coil and put it back together. Again it was showing the same message. So I took it apart again, put it back together and same thing. So I took it to the same shop. After changing the coil again and testing it with another vape the guy told me that tank was bad, that it wasn't reading the coil. So I bought a new tank. Long story short, did I get screwed? Nothing I can do about it now but I don't want to go back to that shop if they did screwed me.

• Winner
Reactions: MJCSD

Oomee

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
UK
Well, I put the whole thing in my pocket one day without turn in it off. So it was igniting on its own for awhile and burned the coil and smelled. Would that damage the tank?

It is possible that the heat melted the insulation on the atty allowing the conductors to short circuit.

Reiterating a point made before, even a cheapy multimeter can help in these situations...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multimeter...&ie=UTF8&qid=1516550644&sr=1-4&keywords=uni+t

Note I am not recommending that make/model, just it is a budget model. It is worth also noting that it doesn't measure current, that can be a good and a bad thing. It's good to be able to measure current, but I have seen people short out circuits/supplies with incorrect use of current mode.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It certainly could have damaged the connection or the electronics somehow, although if your mod (battery) was fine, I'm not quite sure how, as typically if you had damaged your battery by overheating it, it wouldn't then work with a different tank. I guess that might be a possible explanation, perhaps something happened to your tank pin as it overheated. It sounds remote, but possible.

How long did you have the setup though? Unless you informed the salesfolks that this event happened, unless it was over say 12 weeks of ownership, they should have warrantied it, really, although if you did state that to them, they could very well have chalked it up to user error.

Sounds to me like something may have happened with the repeated autofiring though, so your vape store may not be being completely unfair here, in which case I'd say you could use them again without incident.

Please lock or turn off your mod during any pocket carry, no matter how brief. Also, frequently overtightening a tank on a mod can cause connection and/or other problems, so make sure you aren't screwing everything terribly tightly. If you are happy with your setup now as it is, and are looking for a backup setup (usually a useful thing to have) it might be worthwhile to check out some online vendors and see if there are some things that interest you and purchase another setup inexpensively if you can....

Best of luck, hopefully the new tank is doing the trick.

Anna

Reactions: Oomee

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Two things come to mind; I would think the shop would have done more to replace the tank. But, if they do take it back, chances are the source would not take it back from them, so it is a definite loss to them.

Brick & Mortar (B&M) have a lot more overhead costs as compared to internet sales, so they have to be very, very competitive. I have seen many shops that sold Chinese clones to stay in business. They may even say they are clones, but are just as good if not better. Packaging, directions, sealed box, all can be indicators.

There are some good reputable companies overseas, it just takes research and reading.

I have no idea about the B&M. I used to go into them all the time when I travelled on business. I taste tested the juices before I bought one. And, to just chat. Something to do in a different town with two hours to spare.

Good luck!

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Welcome to the forum! The vape industry has a wide variance in quality between products, and even the best can have a failure. It's not odd that if a failure is going to happen it will happen within the first 30 days or less. Researching everything is your best defense. You'll see a lot of posts on this forum asking about different mods and attys to get opinions from folks that have used them. As per above, it is hard to tell who "screwed" you. The B&M or the manufacturer. The manufacturer may have screwed everybody. Vape products move fast and are in the market and discontinued in a hurry. B&M's have the same problem the consumer has. If they wait until the product is time tested it is no longer available. It's a rugged little playground all the way around. Find yourself some decent reviewers and subscribe to them. Check out threads here that are hardware related. If you see a product that takes your fancy, post a thread asking about it. You'll pick up on the routine. As far as the B&M goes, drop back by and ask them directly about the failed tank. At least give them a shot at making it right in your mind.

• Agree

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi! So I went to this vape shop to get juice and to learn how to set my vape up. After a couple of weeks the vape showed up a message "atomizer low" and it wouldn't work but tank was full. So I changed the coil and put it back together. Again it was showing the same message. So I took it apart again, put it back together and same thing. So I took it to the same shop. After changing the coil again and testing it with another vape the guy told me that tank was bad, that it wasn't reading the coil. So I bought a new tank. Long story short, did I get screwed? Nothing I can do about it now but I don't want to go back to that shop if they did screwed me.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact:
local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----I would go back or call and find out who you talked to, If you did not talk to the owner or manager, you may be given a new redress. If you did talk to the owner/manager,lessen learned.
Any authorized distributor ------ See if you can find a local or one with a phone number who will honor the warranty.
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread