Tank is whistling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrookv

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2017
I have an aspire cleito tank with a 0.4 ohm coil that is now whistling when i hit the fire button on my mod. The sound is rather annoying and im not too sure on to fix this. I've tried adjusting the air flow and removing the tank and wrapping the bottom of it with a paper towel and blowing through it to clear out any excess liquid and nothing has worked. Am i doing something wrong or what? How do i stop this? I don't have any extra coils or tanks at the moment so i can't swap one out.

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
This is probably caused by the airflow passing through the coil. There's not much you can do about it except removing and re-attaching it. Or, put up with the whistling until you can replace the coil and/or tank.

rbrookv

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2017
This is probably caused by the airflow passing through the coil. There's not much you can do about it except removing and re-attaching it. Or, put up with the whistling until you can replace the coil and/or tank.
That's what im about to try cause this is getting annoying lol its never done this before

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I hate tanks that whistle too. Were you always using the 0.4 coil, and is this possibly a new batch of coils? The cleto I had never whistled.

Never underestimate the power of a little gunk trapped somewhere though. I would probably wash it thoroughly and start over with a new coil. I suppose it's possible you got a bad coil or bad batch, although I don't think Aspire is known for that, but anything's well, possible. Also, check all your O rings and their condition and make sure they are seated properly. It's harder for a tank that's really put together solidly to whistle (although not at all impossible, etc.)

Best of luck,

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There may be something (gunk) inside the drip tip/mouthpiece or the air chamber of the tank. About once a week I push a Q-Tip down into the drip tip and deeper, and spin it around.

Its the same principle as what happens with people when they wheeze (asthma). Secretions in the lungs partially block the airway and create the wheezing sound.

Last edited:

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
You can try turning the bottom movable air intake on the coil itself. Might not have to remove or disassemble. Just find something like a small allen wrench stick it through the air and the coil air inlet and turn it 1/8 inch. If it wasn't happening before its probably at the right angle to make noise. Like blowing on a beer bottle at the right angle.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread