Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
nixa, mo
I have two box mods both 3.7 14500

both work with the tank and now only one works with the tank

yet the one that no longer works with the tank will run a 2.0 cart and any attomizer just fine

the carto in the tank is a 1.5 and I cannot understand why it wont work on both box mods all of the sudden

2011-12-01_18-51-50_438.jpg

the black button box is the one that works on everything but the tank

the red button box works on everything

both are made of identical parts

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I just had this problem. (still having it) I've got a vv bottom feeder and all my stuff works on it except my carto in a tank. The carto in the tank works with everything else but the vv bfer. I've got aw imr's in the vv box so the protections circuits shouldn't be tripping. It can't be the battery connector cause all my other cartos and attys work on it and vice versa.

ODD :confused:

I'm not too concerned cause as long as I've got stuff that works I'm OK. I just wanted to use a bit more voltage than the 3.7 on this tank carto.

Daye2Daye

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
colorado
I just had the same problem, I have a vv box mod, and try DCT tank worked fine with it. However I wanted to test how it worked on my ego, it worked fine, but when I placed it back on the vv it stopes working with that device. Curious, I pulled out another carto and loaded up my 2nd tank and used it on my vv and it worked just fine. Oddly enough until the cart goes out I have to use the tanks on different devices...found this pretty strange

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Perhaps a borderline contact on the carto. I use an adapter almost always, the adapter center contacts seem to be slightly higher than ones found on many pv.

You could try pouring the carto center contact on a carto down judt slightly.

(On rivas I could count on this happening frequently, in that case I would slightly pry up the riva contact.)

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I figure it might have something to do (with mine anyway) with the drip cup on my vv box vs the height of the tank. When I get my polycarb and grommets in, (and if they work) I'm going to cut the polycarb a bit shorter and punch the carto a bit higher to leave enough room to screw it in more.

I just got my old goat bottom feeder back (yah) and it has a big catch cup, I screwed the tank into it and it fits kinda snug against the tank. But it works. I notice that the draw is way less airy, which I like. But I'm concerned that I may be restricting the air flow a little too much.

I'll get around to ordering an adaptor sometime. just seems that there's always something else I need to buy.

edit: I just found a 510-510 adaptor that I had ordered from madvapes. I ordered it thinking I could somehow use it to be able to screw the ego cone over a carto on a box mod to get a better draw (didnt work) but it's perfect for this! I tried the tank again on my vv bfer and screwed it in tight and it worked but the air flow was really restricted. I found the adaptor, put it on and everything works good now. :D There is no airflow restriction and the draw is more airy. I'm not a big fan of an airy draw. This is why I still use an ego and cone, I love the smooth draw I get from it, the cone restricts the airflow just enough so I don't feel like I'm sucking in too much air.

tank with adaptor.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread