Tank on an 808

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
an 808 will power a tank, but you might have better luck using a battery that has more power. tanks like power. tanks would look a bit silly on a G6, but fwiw, it will work. 808s have trouble running anything lower than 2-2.2 ohms. although unregulated 808s do have mor epower than the regulated ones (for the fist half of their charge, that is. then after that, they have less).

Dac311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
There are a number of options, look in the 808 clearomizer thread for a lot of info.
Realize that most true tanks are just punched cartomizers with a tube around them. So really any tank with a replaced 808 carto will do the trick. Vapor 4 life sells them with 808 cartos, but those are dual coil. You can buy single coils punched cartos from them to replace the dual coil. I wouldn't suggest using a dual coil on a stick battery as it will severely shorten your battery life.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You can use the following cartotank setup on an 808-threaded battery. You will need the longer 45mm cartos (XL length) to fit this tank.

3.5ml Smoktech tank shell - Pro DCTank Tube

3.5ml Smoktech tank 808 kit - https://www.vapor4life.com/catalog/product/view/id/2852/s/3-5ml-dual-coil-metal-tank-808d-style/category/13/

Smoktech 808-threaded prepunched tank-replacement cartos if you don't want to punch your own. These are low resistance, so the vapor will be warmer than standard resistance cartos - 808 Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank XL

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
I use chibi tanks from Parkes...... just a plastic tube with grommets and o-rings... if I want to use them with my 808 batteries I just put an 808 carto in them..... have tried clearos and vivi novas with OK success but seem to keep coming back to the punched cartos in the tank..... :2c:

Which one of these works with a standard volt carto, if any? Or all of them so long as they are the right width.
Carto Tank Mods

ardelleg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Alaska
Which one of these works with a standard volt carto, if any? Or all of them so long as they are the right width.
Carto Tank Mods

You want the regular size, not the XL which is for longer cartos. Both are the same width, just the length is different. And you want to have the stainless steel cartos, without the black wrapper.... and a punch. Some just use a nail or buy a punch.

Chibi tank replacement (empty)

I put the bottom grommet on the carto, put that in the tank, then put the upper grommet on... I use a syringe with a sharp needle to fill, just slip it in between the grommet and the tank.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread