tank opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishan87

Nov 4, 2017
hey guys, ive decided to switch to using a rda and im stuck choosing between the pulse 24 and the new bonza rda, any opinions which of the two should be my first rda?(note that i do not have a squonk mod, i use a regulated mod and im new to rdas so itll be my first time experience, im a chain vaper and my old tank that use atomisers burnt too quickly even at a low wattage, i do not want another tank using an atomiser for now i would like to experience an rda)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So as a chain vaper, you want to be a dripper? I just see that as a bit problematic if you really chain vape, especially out and about. Any reason you don't want an RTA, other than possible leaking issues? As you'd still be able to chain vape, but with a rebuildable, or are you wanting to possibly get a squonker if it goes well? I don't own any RDAs so I can't really comment, but I can assure you, folks will be along with recommendations....

This is also a place for you to check out on the boards for reviews and recommendations, and also help building your first coil and etc: Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

Good luck, and welcome to ECF, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Anna

ishan87

Nov 4, 2017
So as a chain vaper, you want to be a dripper? I just see that as a bit problematic if you really chain vape, especially out and about. Any reason you don't want an RTA, other than possible leaking issues? As you'd still be able to chain vape, but with a rebuildable, or are you wanting to possibly get a squonker if it goes well? I don't own any RDAs so I can't really comment, but I can assure you, folks will be along with recommendations....

This is also a place for you to check out on the boards for reviews and recommendations, and also help building your first coil and etc: Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

Good luck, and welcome to ECF, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Anna
thats really helpful thanks anna

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
As usual I'm willing to throw my 2¢ in here.

I have a Pulse 24 and I have to say I love it for sqonking. Building is fairly easy, and it gives great flavor with impressive cloud as well.

Of course you can run dual and single coils. I prefer big claptons in single. On top of the two sqonks I have used it performed very well with no leaking. The duals I ran were equally as good, just seem to prefer single around .5 ohms.

Haven't dripped with it, but I would imagine it performs well enough. It shines as an RSA though, even has the sqonk pin installed out of the box.

I've only watched a YT video of the Bonza and I left not wanting it. Not that it's bad, just have what it offers in other RDAs. You may want to look into the Dead Rabbit, or the Drop.

Tripleheadkick78

Jul 1, 2017
From what i have been reading, the pulse 24 has some positive feedback, as what @anna mentioned, you might wanna try squonking if you are a chain vaper, good thing is you can squonk and drip at the same time with most of the RSAs available, it is quite doable. Personally i use tanks when im outside, specifically the Ammit 25 because of its tank capacity (single coil for less juice usage) and the Peerless special edition while at home either squonking or dripping with it. There are lots of good choices and i know more people will chime in with their recommendations. Cheers![emoji3]

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
HI and welcome. Plus 1 on the squonk idea, it's the best of both worlds. Another viable option is an RDTA. I have, and love, about 5 copies of the iJoy Limitless RDTA. If you are looking for a good RTA, take a look at the Serpent SMM for single coils. I don't have a Pulse, but I do like the Wismec Indestructible as a versatile machine with good flavor in the RDA department. The Wotofo Sapor is probably my all around favorite for RDAs and they're cheap now as they're old tech. Build single or double, big air or restricted, and the top-air system makes them hard to leak.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
hey guys, ive decided to switch to using a rda and im stuck choosing between the pulse 24 and the new bonza rda, any opinions which of the two should be my first rda?(note that i do not have a squonk mod, i use a regulated mod and im new to rdas so itll be my first time experience, im a chain vaper and my old tank that use atomisers burnt too quickly even at a low wattage, i do not want another tank using an atomiser for now i would like to experience an rda)
Welcome and glad you joined.
I use deep well RDA's. Deep wells are like mini tanks and give me the best taste available.
The Bonza has a 7 mm. deep juice well which would seal the selection for me. RDA's are completely scalable, so you could go as low as 3mm.ID 5 wrap single coil at 6.6 watts to as high as your mod will allow.
Might like to read:
Beginner's Guide to the Art of Dripping - Vapor Cloud Reviews
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip – A Dripping Primer
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
https://quitsmokingcommunity.org/electronic-cigarettes/what-is-an-atomizer-definition/
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
I Love my RDA

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think that's why the OP took a trip to the vape shop, though if the ones around me are any indication, you're not going to be able to check out everything, that's for sure. But, at least a great deal of research can help, though yes, until you are vaping it, you may not know how you are going to like it. Kinda makes vaping fun, and I have my share of failed setups that I have (for the most part) given away. I now have a much better sense of the things I like. That's not always a bonus....

Anna

Reactions: Letitia

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I have some RDA's around and use them on occasion when I want to vape something at home that has a strong flavor and I only want a little. I've also got two Pulse 22's that I love on squonkers. I can use them all day. I have a ton of RTA's and love them as well. I started with an RDA and am glad I did. They have a tendency to wick without any problems. RTA's can be a challenge. I think doing a few RDA's first made the RTA's a little easier to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread