Tank Recommendations??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissGem

Oct 26, 2015
Miami, FL
I just got my mod on Friday and I want to change the tank, any recommendations?

I want to change my coil to kanthal... or so I've been recommended to do so. I havent used the titanium coil it came with, just the nickel. Should I change it and try the titanium?

Still hitting kind of rough with what I am using...

Looking at the sense BLACK HERAKLES SUB OHM tank ATOMIZER... comments?
SEN-HERAK-BLK-2T.jpg

Reactions: Neville

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
howdy - and what kind of mod are you using now?

personally, i would recommend the Uwell Crown (also comes in black) over the Herakles... Herakles uses, essentially, Atlantis coils (unless I am mistaken) and the Uwell Crown coils (standard ones are SS, also make a Ni coil, though I LOVE the SS coils...)... amazing tank - user friendly, top fill - vapes like an RDA (and i have field tested quite a few tanks, lol - the herakles is also pretty similar to the freemax, and that is a good tank - use my freemax pro almost daily, but the uwell is one of the top two tanks i own, hands down (other is tfv4, but it can be a little persnickety at times and drinks juice like a lush) - i have recommended the uwell to a number of folks and NONE have been disappointed)

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
The nickel and titanium coils are useless to you unless you have a temp control device. Honestly, you're just wasting money.
The Herakles is an awesome sub ohm tank, you won't be disappointed.
You can also look at the Sense Cyclone, Sense Herakles Hydra (smaller version of Herakles), Horizon Arctic, Kanger SubTank series (very versatile). Hope this helps. Vape On!

MissGem

Oct 26, 2015
Miami, FL
howdy - and what kind of mod are you using now?

personally, i would recommend the Uwell Crown (also comes in black) over the Herakles... Herakles uses, essentially, Atlantis coils (unless I am mistaken) and the Uwell Crown coils (standard ones are SS, also make a Ni coil, though I LOVE the SS coils...)... amazing tank - user friendly, top fill - vapes like an RDA (and i have field tested quite a few tanks, lol - the herakles is also pretty similar to the freemax, and that is a good tank - use my freemax pro almost daily, but the uwell is one of the top two tanks i own, hands down (other is tfv4, but it can be a little persnickety at times and drinks juice like a lush) - i have recommended the uwell to a number of folks and NONE have been disappointed)

I am using an evic VTC mini...

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Hi, MissGem, and welcome! What is it about your current setup that you don't like? We can be more helpful with a bit more information ...

When you say that it's hitting rough, do you mean that it makes you cough? Too much throat hit? Both of these issues can be as much to do with juice as anything. Have you fiddled with the wattage at which you are vaping? Maybe dial it down a bit ... Different tanks are better/worse for different styles of vaping. Happy to help with recommendations once we know what you're after!

Reactions: MissGem

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
I am using an evic VTC mini...
gotcha - the uwell with a .5 ohm coil in it (it comes with a .25, .5 and .15Ni coil) would vape like a beast on that mod... i tend to run the .25 coil at about 70 watts, so that would be over that mods top end, but the .5ohm at 35-50 watts would be delightful - that is what one of my compadres uses and he loves it dearly...

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
The nickel and titanium coils are useless to you unless you have a temp control device. Honestly, you're just wasting money.
The Herakles is an awesome sub ohm tank, you won't be disappointed.
You can also look at the Sense Cyclone, Sense Herakles Hydra (smaller version of Herakles), Horizon Arctic, Kanger SubTank series (very versatile). Hope this helps. Vape On!
That's funny, as I threw my Herkales, Starre, STM and Arctic tanks in the garbage when my Crown made those tanks suddenly obsolete... I kid you not, the Crown with the stainless Japanese cotton coils and convenient top fill is by far the best subtank I've had the pleasure to vape..I own two of these awesome tanks, and it's the only tanks I buy coils for today. The .25 stainless coil produces superb flavor and vapor that rivals my best RDAs... I have the RBA deck but I haven't used it yet ...as mentioned before, everybody I know that owns a Crown absolutely loves it, you can't go wrong getting a Crown..
0d17dcdc5edab7c01389e1863ae3d119.jpg

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

MissGem

Oct 26, 2015
Miami, FL
That's funny, as I threw my Herkales, Starre, STM and Arctic tanks in the garbage when my Crown made those tanks suddenly obsolete... I kid you not, the Crown with the stainless Japanese cotton coils and convenient top fill is by far the best subtank I've had the pleasure to vape..I own two of these awesome tanks, and it's the only tanks I buy coils for today. The .25 stainless coil produces superb flavor and vapor that rivals my best RDAs... I have the RBA deck but I haven't used it yet ...as mentioned before, everybody I know that owns a Crown absolutely loves it, you can't go wrong getting a Crown..
0d17dcdc5edab7c01389e1863ae3d119.jpg

Using the crown with the .25 coil, what should the settings on mod be? What do u recommend? Just bought one.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Using the crown with the .25 coil, what should the settings on mod be? What do u recommend? Just bought one.

Hi Miss. The rule of thumb with any vape device you will ever own is to start low and work your way up. If it gets to taste funny, tastes burnt, or too warm, back it down. With a .25 ohm coil I would suggest starting in the 20 to 25 watt range. Take a hit and bump it up a couple , repeat. :)

Good luck.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
As with all tanks I start low and gradually bump up the power to my desired sweet spot...numbers are cool but I judge by how it vapes.. For instance the .25 is rated for 80-120w...but my preferred sweet spot is usually between 65-70w...any higher and gets a little hot, any lower I get gurgle and spit back ..but I do make the effort to find my sweet spot, despite what the recommended wattages say I should run it at.
That said, after priming and filling the tank I start off at about 40w with the .25...give it a couple three hits and bump up to 50w...I start to get good vapor at this point and after a few more pulls I bump up again to about 60w...Vapor is really starting to shine at this point and after a few more good pulls bump it up to 65-70w...this is where flavor and vapor are at its best for me with 100% VG. Let us know how you like your Crown after you get it dialed in...

MissGem

Oct 26, 2015
Miami, FL
As with all tanks I start low and gradually bump up the power to my desired sweet spot...numbers are cool but I judge by how it vapes.. For instance the .25 is rated for 80-120w...but my preferred sweet spot is usually between 65-70w...any higher and gets a little hot, any lower I get gurgle and spit back ..but I do make the effort to find my sweet spot, despite what the recommended wattages say I should run it at.
That said, after priming and filling the tank I start off at about 40w with the .25...give it a couple three hits and bump up to 50w...I start to get good vapor at this point and after a few more pulls I bump up again to about 60w...Vapor is really starting to shine at this point and after a few more good pulls bump it up to 65-70w...this is where flavor and vapor are at its best for me with 100% VG. Let us know how you like your Crown after you get it dialed in...

I'm a little confused with the coil settings now though, should it be on titanium, nickel? Where should the temperature be set to?

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
I'm a little confused with the coil settings now though, should it be on titanium, nickel? Where should the temperature be set to?
I run the stainless coil in regular power mode..I only set watts
(power) up or down...no need to set temperature in power mode... Make sure your mod is in power mode first...it should be easy to dial in your vape...

Reactions: MissGem

MissGem

Oct 26, 2015
Miami, FL
I run the stainless coil in regular power mode..I only set watts
(power) up or down...no need to set temperature in power mode... Make sure your mod is in power mode first...it should be easy to dial in your vape...

Okay... This makes more sense. Thank you!

Reactions: smacksy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread