Tank stuck to mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
For me different solutions have worked with different tanks.
The tiny screwdriver can work.
Rubber (in whatever form) can work.
Heat (hot water) gotta be SUPER careful not to get any on the mod, you could wipe it down with hot water, alternately.
The tiny version of those gripper things can work wonders (like for opening lids) some vape shops sell them and they can also be used as ceramic tweezers.
When all else fails-- The husband. In the beginning I had a few tanks so fused/overtightened he used those caliper things you can "set" at the size you need. He never needed to wrap it in anything.

Of late-- being much more cautious about overtightening. It's not necessary. Trying not to get juice in unfortunate places and if I do have a spill from WHATEVER, taking the tank off and cleaning it and the connection IMMEDIATELY.

Good luck,

Anna

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Stick a tiny screwdriver into the airflow hole to use as a lever?

This is actually a great idea. Or an allen key through the airflow slots if it is a bottom airflow tank. Tobeco used to include an allen key with every Supertank Mini, even though there wasn't a single allen-head screw on the tank. Found out later that it was supposed to be used through the airflow slots to assist in removing the bottom of the tank when changing the coil.

You can also try a rubber vape band for a better grip.

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada
I second the freezer turn off your mod and remove your batteries first and rubber bands and gloves. If that doesn't work while it's still cold lay a hairdryer on the counter directed at where the tank connects to the mod while usuing your rubber gloves to twist. Should come off, I'm guessing the tank went on a little crooked?

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Careful with that screw driver trick. I wrecked my hole once doing that :shock:.
Also want to make damn sure you don't press the button while you do this, lest the screwdriver's shaft cause a short between the center post and outer shell of the atomizer.

I've never had anything that wouldn't come apart with some combination of rubber gloves, freezer time, and elbow grease. Sometimes it takes a lot of elbow grease. Since it's attached to a regulated mod with a chip inside, I wouldn't leave it in the freezer for too terribly long, but just a couple minutes, long enough to get a quick chill on it, should not be a problem. Take the battery/ies out first, if they're removable, and removing the glass might be a good idea if you can do it without making a mess, otherwise I'd leave the tank fully-assembled and just make an effort to try and grip it by the base when cranking down on it.

Benjamin89

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Totally agree.
Now mother-in-laws , there's a whole different set of rules.
What's the betting the OP leaves us guessing.
Did the tank come free ?
Did the glass get broken?
Is mother still in there ?
WE NEED TO KNOW.
That was autocorrect. Just noticed original posting lmao wow

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
If you change it, I'll red X everything you post for the next 5 years.

upload_2018-6-24_23-9-29.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: AngeNZ

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
I have had to resort to pliers once or twice, and it's really not a HUGE deal if you're careful about it. As another poster said, make sure you wrap it with something first to minimize potential damage to the mod before you start squeezing and twisting. It also helps to have the right size pliers. I have a thinner set of pliers that worked well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread