Tank stuck to mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin89

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
My protank 4 atty has by stuck to my kbox since 11 am this morning. It's now just after 3 and i still can't get it to come off. Tried looking online for Tips. As Usual I have little or none of the necessary supplies to deal with little emergencies such as this one. I have a very Crummy pair of something that resembles pliers and that's about it the only thing I haven't tried is sticking my mother in the freezer and I don't know if that's such a good idea. I don't want to do anything that's going to scratch up my tank or mod. I'm really getting fed up Almost chucked My vape against the wall at least three times. Although perhaps had I done that at least maybe the atty would have come off. Ideas anyone?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If you have any of that rubber waffle-textured stuff that many use in the bottom of their cupboards as a liner...cut 2 pieces of it off. Use 1 to help you firmly grasp the mod and the other to grasp the tank.

If you don't have any...Dollar Tree sells small roles of it for $1.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I have never had this happen either. I am careful about not over tightening stuff. I have seen others have this issue, and when I was asked to help, I used a scrap piece of leather and wrapped it around the base of the tank and used a set of pliers, only grasping on the leather so the finish wasn't harmed. The rubber band, or a couple vape bands, should work well if it isn't super tight.

If this keeps happening, buying a set of rubber lined pliers would be advised. They work miracles for working on stuff with a finish you don't want to damage.

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
You are correct. Sticking your mother in the freezer is never a good idea
Well, maybe long enough to let your father fix your mod.
Totally agree.
Now mother-in-laws , there's a whole different set of rules.
What's the betting the OP leaves us guessing.
Did the tank come free ?
Did the glass get broken?
Is mother still in there ?
WE NEED TO KNOW.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Totally agree.
Now mother-in-laws , there's a whole different set of rules.
What's the betting the OP leaves us guessing.
Did the tank come free ?
Did the glass get broken?
Is mother still in there ?
WE NEED TO KNOW.
Mother in law goes in the dryer ;)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Another vote for the rubber band, and if still not enough grip, plumber's self sealing rubber tape... it's like a rubber band on steroids, but you can grip as much as you want (or run out of tape)...

Note: remove the top of the tank if you can, so to not have the glass that you could end up cracking.

Also note: if you take the top of the tank off, you could use the post for more grip BUT!!!!! be very careful as you could break the posts/damage them... so try to concentrate on the other shell, but using that tape idea, you can try to tape the whole thing up and get the maximum grip you can possibly get.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I gotta go back to the vote of putting your motorcycle up on the center stand, starting it and have someone rev the engine and press the tank against it. It will come off. Don't press your mothers head against a running motorcycle wheel. They don't appreciate it. FYI, when I was new, someone told me to try opening the car door when I was going down the highway and hold the mod so the atty would spin. It worked but I scratched my tank and also fell out of the car at 60mph. I lost 14 pounds soiling myself that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread