Tank suggestions anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
I'm looking to buy a few new subohm tanks to carry with me on the road when dripping isn't the easiest thing to do. I've tried a few, and had troubles with a few. So I'm looking for some help or suggestions if anyone has any?

Looking for something that has some OOMPH to it, without being over the top. Good vapor and flavor around the 70-80watt range preferably. Top fill, definitely... and then really good airflow, the more the better honestly. Would like to have 4 or more ml capacity...

I have several Crown tanks, nothing but problems. The tanks came with bad coils, none lasted more than a couple days, after getting new coils, even giving a proper break in they last a week at most. If I got a bit better life span out of the Crown coils, it would be perfect for my needs honestly. I have no idea what I may be doing wrong, maybe its just my juice, I've no idea, but after spending so much time trying to get them to work, I'm done with them.

BUT... like I said.. if the coils lasted a bit longer, it would be perfect for me. I really don't need anything over the top. I've tried the TFV4, and I own a couple of the Triforce/Trifecta tanks... not looking for anything like that which sucks down juice and battery life like crazy.

Two I'm currently looking at are the Super Tank from Tobeco, and the Starre Pro tank.. I'm not into temperature control, so I'd be using the standard kanthal Starre coils in the Pro, but would get the pro for the top fill.

If anyone has these and can verify yeah, the Starre is a very comparable to the Crown vapor, air flow and flavor wise at around those wattages, or the Super Tank if it is, great.. if you have any other suggestions I'm more than open to hearing them. Thanks in advance!

CloudyWithChanceOfVape

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2014
USA
Try the SMOK TFV4. It is made to be run at high wattages and it produces like a dripper. It comes with tri and quad coils, AND an rba section. Adjustable airflow, wide open is airy and smooth like a dripper!!!! Also adjustable airflow on the driptip is very nice, the driptip is double layered which is awesome.

It does drink juice, but why wouldn't it? Quad or tri coils at 100 watts max vg makes superior clouds and flavor.

It IS top fill which is amazing. Best part, $25.

VapeNW.com

Reactions: Romano Cheese

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2015
Try the SMOK TFV4. It is made to be run at high wattages and it produces like a dripper. It comes with tri and quad coils, AND an rba section. Adjustable airflow, wide open is airy and smooth like a dripper!!!! Also adjustable airflow on the driptip is very nice, the driptip is double layered which is awesome.

It does drink juice, but why wouldn't it? Quad or tri coils at 100 watts max vg makes superior clouds and flavor.

It IS top fill which is amazing. Best part, $25.

VapeNW.com

I would say this, but since you specified NOT the TFV4 which really isn't that much a juice guzzler as long as you're getting juice from a good source and not buying 1$/ml type juices. I'd take a look at the SMOK TFV4 MINI. Not to mention the wide array of coils the SMOK TFV4 has that aren't juice guzzlers. You've got a single coil RBA and a dual coil RBA, with plenty of non-sub ohm coils as options as well. If you really don't like the TFV4, you're one of the first people I've heard actually not like it.. It literally is identical to dripping, what all tanks strive to achieve. I'd take a look a project ohm Sauce Code, You can use a lot of other coils from different brands. Its also got a great top-fill as well.

http://www.vapordna.com/Project-Sub-Ohm-SauceCode- -Sub-Ohm-Tank-p/sauce1.htm

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2015
Thanks man, lol I must have skipped over where he said NOT the TVF4.... Its literally a dripper with a tank. I've had zero problems with mine. I go through about 3 tanks a day on it which is about 11ml. It says5ml capacity, but it doesn't actually hold 5, more like 3.5. I love mine.

I can't get enough of it man. I was so suprised when I put the quad coil in and I could actually vape up to 100+ watts comfortably with a tank. The thing is the best tank I have ever used and I think it will be for atleast me for a while. I've been using my drippers less and less, even when at home, the tank gives me just as much flavor and cloud production of any RDA.

CloudyWithChanceOfVape

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2014
USA
Yeah I used to only use drippers... Tried the artic, arctic, and all 3 subtanks and an orchid.... I hated them all.

ThIs TFV4 is now my carry to work. I bring plenty of juice lol. I still haven't put in my quad, I'm loving the tri. I can't wait to do the quad lol. I still get my ... huge clouds without dripping, and the flavor is still there. 80watts wide open on both tank and tip, yummy thick ... clouds. [HASHTAG]#Cloudz4Dayz[/HASHTAG]

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2015
Yeah I used to only use drippers... Tried the artic, arctic, and all 3 subtanks and an orchid.... I hated them all.

ThIs TFV4 is now my carry to work. I bring plenty of juice lol. I still haven't put in my quad, I'm loving the tri. I can't wait to do the quad lol. I still get my ... huge clouds without dripping, and the flavor is still there. 80watts wide open on both tank and tip, yummy thick ... clouds. [HASHTAG]#Cloudz4Dayz[/HASHTAG]

The Quad coil will blow your mind.. I was so impressed with the tri-coil, I thought to myself.. how can it really get better than this.. With the quad coil not only do you get better flavor, but it can easily be pumped up past 100+ watts no problem. With my tri coil I kept it around 75-80 watts because I'd usually stick it on my SMOK M80 PRO.. But ever since putting the quad coil in I've actually needed to use my IPV3LI because it can handle wattages up to 200. You'll see ever more clouds with the quad coil man! Be ready to be impressed.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Thanks man, lol I must have skipped over where he said NOT the TVF4.... Its literally a dripper with a tank. I've had zero problems with mine. I go through about 3 tanks a day on it which is about 11ml. It says5ml capacity, but it doesn't actually hold 5, more like 3.5. I love mine.
See everyone I speak to outside of ECF claims the TFV4's suck down juice like crazy. I was told this Triforce (or Trifecta whatever) tank from Cloud Chasers Inc was more conservative on juice and I can go through 5ml in it in less than an hour of normal vaping.

Before, I mentioned having earlier problems with the Crown coils which turned out to be Uwell's fault for bad coils, and numerous people here on ECF said they really didn't use a lot more juice from the Crown and TFV4. It's just everyone outside of ECF who tell me it scarfs down juice, so I've been against buying one not sure who to listen to.

That low price you mentioned, that's for the simple kit isn't it? I could swear the full kit version was still around $40.. at least here in the US. I don't order from SlowTech anymore, I'd rather pay more and get my stuff that month LOL.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Going through that much juice, what coil are you using at what wattage? And do you hit it fairly often, or is it a bit sporadic?

I'm one of those that rarely puts mine down, using the Crown around 70-80watts and I go through about 12ml a day.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
I can't get enough of it man. I was so suprised when I put the quad coil in and I could actually vape up to 100+ watts comfortably with a tank. The thing is the best tank I have ever used and I think it will be for atleast me for a while. I've been using my drippers less and less, even when at home, the tank gives me just as much flavor and cloud production of any RDA.
And just curious, what kind of juice consumption does that quad go through at 100+ watts? Like on average how many ml would you think a day and what kind of use? Like I mentioned I rarely set mine down, but I know a lot of people don't vape as often as I do, so... just trying to get an idea...

sorry for being such a pain in wanting details everyone. I'm just so tired of wasting money on a tank that gets shelved a day after I get it, you know? Lol

jlb

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2015
Im getting the Aromamizer RDTA myself. It is supposed to be a really well built and versatile setup. Also thinking about the new Apex tank. Wouldn't have to use a lot of wattage with .5 coil, but you could bump up some with the wattage with the .2 ohm coil. Also the coils with the Apex can be rewicked easily a few times before you need a new one.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I wish I could limit myself to 12 ml/day of juice. My ADV is a Kayfun Lite and I go through 3 tanks a day in it (about 15ml) and I keep a couple of drippers on my desk and hit them a few times an hour. There goes another 10 + ml/day. I hear the TFV4 is awesome and I really wanna grab one and check it out, but I think I could easily blow through 30 ml/day in that thing.

Margucci

Oct 5, 2015
one thing i noticed is that the tfv4 doesnt use as much juice as you think it does. however, you need to fill it a lot more often. first, just to prime the coil uses pretty much 1/4 of a tank. but thats a one time thing. you also have to remember that you dont fill it up when the tank is empty. if you look at the quad coil you see the juice holes. you need to refill the tank before your juice level drops below the top juice hole. there is probably still 1.5-2ml of juice in the tank at that point yet you need to fill it anyways. if you are using the RTA decks (single or dual) it isnt as bad. the juice channels are pretty much right at the bottom so you can pretty much empty the tank before refilling. but if you are using any of the smok coils that isnt the case.

in addition there are MANY coils. just use some higher resistance ones which dont drink near as much. if you want to cut it down even more use temp control coils.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
one thing i noticed is that the tfv4 doesnt use as much juice as you think it does. however, you need to fill it a lot more often. first, just to prime the coil uses pretty much 1/4 of a tank. but thats a one time thing. you also have to remember that you dont fill it up when the tank is empty. if you look at the quad coil you see the juice holes. you need to refill the tank before your juice level drops below the top juice hole. there is probably still 1.5-2ml of juice in the tank at that point yet you need to fill it anyways. if you are using the RTA decks (single or dual) it isnt as bad. the juice channels are pretty much right at the bottom so you can pretty much empty the tank before refilling. but if you are using any of the smok coils that isnt the case.

in addition there are MANY coils. just use some higher resistance ones which dont drink near as much. if you want to cut it down even more use temp control coils.
That's something I've actually wondered about personally, the quad I don't see being any different but how do you prime that triple coil? Just a few drops in each of the three coils or...?

Margucci

Oct 5, 2015
yea just drip in each of the three coils. you can also close off all the air holes and take a few quick draws to suck some juice in the coil. wait about 10s and do it again. repeat as needed. one thing i would recommend is not flushing the coils when you change flavors. all i do is rinse out and dry the tank and wipe any excess juice off the outside of the coil. then put it all together and fill up with the new flavor. the first few draws will be the old flavor. you will then have a couple more of a mixed flavor. after that you are good to go without having to use 1/4 of a tank priming.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
My crown has been amazing, tfv4 any tanks that can handle 60-80-100 watts are gonna guzzle that juice, the crown tank is a hungry .... too
Yours and literally everyone else's as well, sir... lol.

I've gotten help and advice from ecf, youtube, reddit, and even spoke with Joseph from Uwell myself trying to get things sorted.

You are right, all of them at high wattages love their juice, but some are a bit worse than others. I know my Triforce tanks suck it down at least twice as fast as my Crown tanks. And I was led to believe the TFV4's were as bad as my Triforce tanks. With as much as I enjoy hitting these things at 140watts and the insane airflow they have, the budget for juice won't let that happen all day LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread