Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I found the problem with tank type e-cigarettes, and immediately thought of a cure (temporary, anyway).

The new tank systems work like a jug with a spigot that you'd use for iced tea or similar drink. Basically it is a tank with a small enough outlet at the bottom to allow juice to be drawn out of it, without the juice just spilling out.

When you use it, the juice gets drawn out the bottom hole and slowly dripped into the atomizer. What happens, unfortunately, is as the juice drips out, it slowly creates a vacuum at the top of the tank, especially for heavy users and users of higher VG e-juices. The vacuum will then slow, if not stop the flow of juice out the bottom hole eventually. Now the vacuum will dissipate slowly if you set the unit down horizontally for awhile. Unfortunately for heavy users, this is not good enough.

The solution: Simply pull the tank cartridge out of the e-cigarette tank atomizer for a second or two, sort of "burping" it. This releases enough vacuum to allow air to fill the empty space inside the tank and release the pressure. I've been testing this with the Lea and the new 510-T with big success. It also works with the Leo-T.

Another problem is viscosity of the e-juice. VG (Vegetable Glycerin) as we know is very thick and syrupy. PG is more fluid and watery. PG works the best for tank systems because it is more fluid. I've tested 80% PG / 20% VG juices and I can tell the difference in viscosity in the tank. The more VG used, the more often I'm "burping" the tank cartridge. 100% VG I have even had to stick a toothpick or paper clip up inside the tank, as thick walled bubbles formed and didn't allow for proper burping.

For all those tank system users, experiment on your own and tell me what you think.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
yeah about every dozen or so hits, or when I feel the draw getting tougher I burp the tank cartridge and it works fine.

Thom...have you ever used the ego-t ? Using the ego-t with an adapter for leo battery I never had to " Burp it". Should have my leo tanks today so will see how it works out.

Renro

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
New England
The burping improves the draw for me, but doesn't fix it. I end up taking the atty off the battery, taking the black tip off the tank, taking the bottom (filling end) off the tank, wiping everything down with tissue and then reassembling it before I can get a few more drags off of it. The atty heats ups very quickly after three or four hits, so doing this ritual allows the atty to cool down before I try it again. The tank is way too airy for me to enjoy but the upside is that it doesn't sweat like the other atty's. This isn't normal, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread