Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Definitely, I received it from fasttech just over a week ago. And I've got more stuff on order from them. I don't think they'll have any problem replacing it but it means having to send it back to china.
It’s easier than trying to diagnose it especially if the result turns out to be a bad board which is not unlikely

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Yes sorry, it's the Wismec reuleaux RX Gen 3 dual 230w mod.

Could be the mod. If I recall correctly, there were a lot of reported problems with the Gen 3 specifically.

This could have led to the problem (start at 12:50), could have leaked onto the board:

Personally not a fan of Wismec. I peg them at the same place as Smok.

Danny55

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
London UK
Thanks for the replies guys. To be honest, I really don't know what the problem was but must have been something to do with the pre made coils. When I first got the OBS Engine, I fitted those coils and snipped the leads. But my Sigelei mod couldn't do that low resistance of under .2 ohms so I removed them and built my own coils. Now that I have the Wismec I installed those coils again. The leads were obviously already snipped but there was enough to tighten down.

Thanks for that video dom qp. I only buy and use top airflow RTAs now and so far my OBS has never leaked so hopefully I won't have to experience liquid leaking through the 510 into the batteries. That's pretty shocking. Or maybe the reviewer had a faulty one.

Anyway, I've built a dual coil SS 317L and everything seems fine now. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread