The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

"Tanklets"?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Cogger, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cogger

Cogger Full Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
  2. martinc

martinc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    Well,unless they offer skulls and bones or such,I wont be caught dead with flowers floating in my tanks :laugh:

But those could be used in my kayfuns w/o problems as well

3. StereoDreamer

StereoDreamer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2012
    Columbia MD
    Actually, they have made "skull and crossbones" tanklets in the past, but I don't know if they have any currently on the site. Last time I saw them was around Halloween.

They DO have one they are calling "Evil Face", that is sort of a Tim Burton-esque smiley face that you might like though...

https://aliceinvapeland.com/uncategorized/evilface_tanklet

4. StereoDreamer

StereoDreamer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2012
    Columbia MD
    I have a couple--a shamrock and a "garden gnome". They are very detailed and cute as can be. And since most juice is pretty viscous, they don't really move around too much or rattle or anything.

They look good in carto tanks, bu tthey are pretty pointless in a Vivi Nova, because they sit down inside the recess in the bottom cap, and you can't really see them.

So, if like me, you have a BUNCH of Vivi Novas and only one clear carto tank, you might not get much mileage out of them, but they ARE cute, and are an interesting conversation piece at Vape Meets, and they give you a chance to evangelize AiV on a topic other than their wonderful juices...

5. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Assorted PV Topics - E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion

6. Inside_English

Inside_English Full Member Verified Member

Dec 18, 2012
    California
    It would be awesome to have tanklets that change position realive to the pg/vg ratio of the juice. Too bad this would probably depend on temparature--but it's an idea nonetheless. I'm thinking gallileo thermometer/hydrometerGalileo thermometer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. LaneyCat

LaneyCat Full Member Verified Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Australia
    I would think you just need something more lightweight, that would FLOAT on the surface...
    Kinda like those paperweight things doctors have in their offices, where it has goop inside, and an object floating on top, and you can try to drown the floating object as much as you want and it never happens. Usually the liquid will be blue, and on top will be dolphins, or surfers floating about in the blue.

8. ftlsweetie

ftlsweetie Senior Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    Dec 31, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Wish I would have read this before putting in my brand new Vivi Nova:) I have four of them and have been using them in my CE5 Clearomizers, but just as you said, it's sitting at the bottom of my Vivi Nova and I can't get it to move around. This is in 50/50 PG/VG.

9. cjwi

cjwi Full Member Verified Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Yes, let's start putting little balls filled with mercury into our tanks!

10. Couture

Couture Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2012
    Berea, Ohio
    Glad you said something about not seeing them in the vivi nova's. I keep looking at these but have not ordered yet. I use mostly mini vivi novas so I guess I can put that $ towards some other do-dad.

11. ftlsweetie

ftlsweetie Senior Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    Dec 31, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    A friend on another site just told me that she puts a Danco #8 O-Ring, that you can purchase from Lowe's or Home Depot, inside her Vivi Nova 3.5 and her tanklet floats and is able to be seen. This stops it from floating to the bottom where it can't be seen. I can't wait to try it out! Thought I'd pass this along!

12. cherrycakes

cherrycakes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA

bah I just got a big vivi nova so I was able to finally use my tanklet! but like you said, it likes to hang out at the bottom. seems like it's getting stuck on something somehow, gotta shake it around to get it to move :(
    swim damn you, swim!!!!

I have the purple butterfly. it's really cute.

13. cherrycakes

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    also anyone have problems cleaning/taking apart their tank ? I don't wanna lose my tanklet somehow :(

14. cherrycakes

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    tina makes skull driptips! I bet she could make a skull tanklet if you wanted !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.