Tanks: advice, feedback, suggestions wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chawg

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Irving, Texas
I'm fairly new to vaping and one of the things that frustrates me is that I can't find tanks that I can just unpack and put to work. I like the large tanks and that they allow me to go longer without having to refill them. I'm currently using a protank 2 and an aero tank. Both are little princesses. You have to fill them just right and not let them get below half a tank. Which in my opinion defeats the purpose of a large tank. And even if you do every thing right, there's no guarantee it won't leak or produce dry hits. I almost want to go back to clearos, but I'm determined. There has to be a tank out there that doesn't require me to baby it to get a good vape. It's no wonder so many people build their own stuff. I wish I had the time and patience.

So my question is: what products have you had the most success with straight the box? No modding, no tinkinger. I don't want to have to rebuild an atomizer, remove "flavor wicks", or anything like that. I'm very interested in tanks that aren't bottom coil fed, but I want to know what's worked for you.

Thanks.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I started over a year ago with original Vision Vivi Nova's. To this day I still have around 10 of them that perform perfectly, easy to clean, easy to change wicks in. I'd never have stayed with vaping if it hadn't been for the "Vision" brand vivi nova's. I've used the smok brand and really just didn't like the quality.

hootietoot

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
Mid-South, USA
I hear ya. I've had a few minor problems with my Protank II, but my Unitank is completely obnoxious and leaks like a sieve under all but ideal conditions.

Have you tried a cartotank yet? I recently got a couple to try and now I see why so many swear by them. The only issue I've had with those is a bit of leakage from the bottom of the cart when pushing it back up into place after filling/refilling, which I assume is from the pressure change inside the tank. I just make sure to keep a paper towel underneath, and once they're back in operation, all is well. The three I've currently got have all been performing perfectly so far, and they're different brands with different cartos brands and configurations. I like 'em so much I ordered 4 more over the weekend. Maybe give one a try?

Last edited:

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Oh heck I forgot all about the I clear 30's. Great little clearomizers. For someone just starting their journey I'd stay away from carto/tanks, it was a few months before I started with them. And if you do decide on a carto/tank then buy only high quality. I hear a lot of complaints from new vapors about leaking issues and hard to fill.
These are the carto/tanks I started with over a year ago.
IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!
Since then I have tanks that cost anywhere from $20 usd all the way to over $100 usd. Cheap tanks = cheap quality. YMMV. :2c:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Try a IBTanked cartotank. You'll be glad you did. Better flavor and consistancy, no more dry hits or leaking issues, no maintanance.

IBTANKED PYREX CARTOTANKS - REVIEW

BADITUDE'S CARTOTANK SETUP GUIDE

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/484566-ibtanked-show-em-off.html

Halfling on Spinner.jpg IBTanked-on-Spinner.jpg

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Chawg and welcome to ECF!

I've found that there is a bit of a learning curve with every vaping device, from prefilled cartomizers to the most complicated RBAs. Vaping is not like smoking. ;)

That said, I've used (or at least tried) most toppers that are available out there and they all do work--it just takes a while (and some research/reading) to figure out how to best use them. I use eGo-style vv batteries and a couple of good regulated APVs in my daily rotation and really like anything made by Kanger (BCC T3S, baby T3, eVods, mini and big ProTanks), as well as the Aspire BDC (I have a glass eGo-threaded version) and those are my go-to toppers. I also use carto-tanks and I like them, but they do require some prep work and finesse in getting them started, unless you get a Boge carto-tank (F-15, 16 and 17)--those come fully assembled and just need to be filled with eliquid.

Experiment with different devices and you'll soon find the one or ones that work best for you!

Good luck and happy vaping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread