Tanks tanks tanks (bcc mainly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I'm new to vaping ping but have amassed a few bits and pieces.

I'm currently using 1 x Protank mini, 2 x evod ,1 x Hyper tank all with ITasteVV and iTaste mvp.

I like bottom coil atomisers as they are easy to replace and not time consuming to fill. I am cconstantly on the road for work on and off planes etc.

I am liking the Protank mini 2. Just wondering if there are other things worth trying? How good are rebuildable tanks for refilling? I'm happy to build my own coils if the performance is that much better.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I would recommend both the Innokin iClear 16 & 30/30s - and the Kanger Unitank. Both are top refillable, the former being a DTCC (dual top coil clearo) the later being the BCC you're familiar with.
The primary benefit of the iClear is an improvement in flavor (arguably... but then, what isn't) over BCC designs. There is also the new Protank 3, which is a bottom dual coil design.

As to rebuildable (RBA)... to learn, start with the most popular, the Kayfun3.1 or Russian 91%... probably a clone to keep learning costs down. Flavor is excellent if you build them correctly.

Last edited:

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
I would recommend both the Innokin iClear 16 & 30/30s - and the Kanger Unitank. Both are top refillable, the former being a DTCC (dual top coil clearo) the later being the BCC you're familiar with.
The primary benefit of the iClear is an improvement in flavor (arguably... but then, what isn't) over BCC designs. There is also the new Protank 3, which is a bottom dual coil design.

As to rebuildable (RBA)... to learn, start with the most popular, the Kayfun3.1 or Russian 91%... probably a clone to keep learning costs down. Flavor is excellent if you build them correctly.

I haven't tried the iClear's yet, but have heard GREAT things about them. As for the Kanger Unitank, my advice is STAY AWAY from that tank. While it is easy to fill, and I tried very hard to like it, it absolutely KILLED all the flavor in my juices. Many folks have had this same problem, so I'm pretty sure it isn't just me. As for the Protank 3, I am really looking forward to getting one of those, I LOVE my Protank 2s, and hope the Protank 3 is even better, has lots of great reviews (at least as far as I can find).

One other tank to consider would be the iSmoka (or Vapeonly) BCC Mega. I have had great success with these, they are pretty cheap, and the coils last forever. The drawback is that they are plastic and don't do well with juices known to crack plastic tanks.

Of course, as always, YMMV!

_Lee

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
FLA
i use/own the protank, mini II, evods and iclear30. For ADV with the juice I use, i prefer in this order and why:

Protank/EVOD - really close race. PT wins based on juice capacity and pretty factor.
PT II mini - PT II mini is a little light on the TH with my juice.
iclear30 - For my juice, the iClear30 muted away all of the sweetness. The throat hit was ok and vapor production was great

I have had nothing but good experiences with the Protank and EVODs. No leaks, burnt taste or anything... great performers for me and my ADV.

I do want to try a hypertank though. i like the 5ml quantity option. OP- How do you feel it compares to the ProTank?

The Hyper tank vs Protank mini:

Easy, using the same heads in all my tanks I've just cleaned and emptied the Hypertank. I had an evening of leakage and gurgling. Couple of nights ago I had a burnt taste. I swapped out the coil and it was fine (coil was only one day old.

I'm not going to use the Hyper tank again. It's a very very very airy hit. Unreliable. Capacityis good but iI like swapping flavors around regularly.

My mini Protank has been great, good flavor and great vapour.

My evods have been solid. My iclear30 is in the bin. The 510 connector separated from the rest of the unit and had to take it apart to get it off my mvp.

I recently started using a hypertank. No leaks. maybe you need to screw in your atomizer all the way.

Thread is really bad on mine. Had one coil that wouldn't even screw in. When the gurgling first started I changed atomisers, made sure I screwed it inall the way and that the silicone hood was secure.

Probably just bad luck but have lost confidence in the tank. Also found the draw really airy. Too much for me.

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
NC
You may want to give cartotanks a look. I'd been using Protank 2's and mini PT2's for the last couple of months and EVODs before that. Got my first cartotank yesterday (IBtanked) and will be ordering another on payday. Took me 5 minutes to get it up and running the first time and refills take no longer than a clearomizer. What really got me off clearo's was I was getting tired of atomizers burning out at what seemed highly frequent rates. Not sure if it was my juice or what but it just seemed to be going out in less than a week. Plus I'm loving the capacity increase.

You may want to give cartotanks a look. I'd been using Protank 2's and mini PT2's for the last couple of months and EVODs before that. Got my first cartotank yesterday (IBtanked) and will be ordering another on payday. Took me 5 minutes to get it up and running the first time and refills take no longer than a clearomizer. What really got me off clearo's was I was getting tired of atomizers burning out at what seemed highly frequent rates. Not sure if it was my juice or what but it just seemed to be going out in less than a week. Plus I'm loving the capacity increase.

What's the vape like in comparison to a bottom coil?

Is there any type you recommend? Did you get yours pre - punched?

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
NC
What's the vape like in comparison to a bottom coil?

Is there any type you recommend? Did you get yours pre - punched?

Vape is similar but I'll reserve judgement on flavor for now as the juice isn't fully steeped. Draw is on the airy side. Much more like a pro tank than an EVOD. Only tried one so far, the Smok's as they are the only ones the vendor sold. I plan to try Boges and IKV's as well. Yes, they were pre-punched.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Warning on iClear16 and airplane travel - it can get messy. Every time I've flown with one with juice in it, it's leaked. More so than the Pro Tanks and iClear30.

Personally, I prefer the iClear 16 & 30 for some juices, and the bottom coil styles for others. It's good to have a couple of both and experiment. Same with carto tanks - I really like them for fruit and darker juices (like coffee and cinnamon roll).

Down side to carto tanks is that the cartos only seem to go bad when the tank is full. That can be a hassle to replace if you're travelling and don't have your Vapeman Utility Belt with you, LOL!

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
I will also add in the Smok Aro, both pyrex and plastic, as well as the PBC tank from Smok. The great thing about these are that they all take the same heads (but Kanger heads do not work on them).

You can take a look at the Aro (which I have taken on flights before) here:

And you can check out the PBC (pyrex bottom coil tank) here: PBC TANK

I prefer these to the protank or the evod series of bcc's, and they can be rebuilt, just like the Kanger brand items.

All of that said, my favorite tanks to use are the carto tanks, like the UDCT (Artemas) tank. But that's more for my "at home" use. If I'm traveling, I like my Aro's or PBC tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread