tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjs123

Jan 10, 2015
Coventry
Hi guys. im a relative newby but im learning fast and picking up most of my info from these forum pages. Many of my questions have been asked by others and I've gotten my answers already. One thing though.I'm quickly collecting tanks and mods in my search for my favourite but Obe thing I'm not finding is the best tank for mouth to lung hits. I enjoy the mouthfull of flavour before I inhale. I have an aspire sub battery and Atlantis tank but even on the smallest hole I feel I'm suckin air without a good hit. I know it's probably personal choice but I'd like to know what others have found works well.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
You need power to get the most out of that Atlantis. I don't have one, personally I don't like clearos or rebuildable tanks, but the general consensus is that 30w-40w is what's needed to get optimal flavor and vapor production from that device.

That is true. However, the O.P. is already getting 35 watts with the 0.5ohm.

mjs123

Jan 10, 2015
Coventry
In my collection so far I started with an innokin VTR which was kinda nice to start with then got the aspire sub battery and Atlantis tank along with a kanger aerotank mega which I've had nothing but trouble with. Latest is an eleaf 50w which fires the Atlantis lovely but for general flavour and mouth hits I like the aspire ets on about 10 watts but I've ordered a nautilus mini and a kanger sub nano in my search to find the best set up. Generally it's the mouth flavour and throat hit im missing out on. If i wind my eleaf up I get burnt hits pretty quickly. Thanks for feedback so far though guys it's great having like minded folks to chat to.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
The Atlantis is terrible for mouth to lung hits. The Nautilus is a LOT more in the vein of what you're looking for.

You need way more power to get the most out of that Atlantis.

Not true. Much higher than 35W and he'll just get gross dry burnt hits on the Atlantis.

The Nautilus stands up pretty well to high-VG juices (if you try to take a deep gut rip with a high-VG juice in the Atlantis you'll definitely get a burnt/dry hit).. So it's not as good w/ VG juices as the Atlantis, because the Atlantis has larger juice holes to take juice into the coil, but the Nautilus has a much tighter draw, which lends itself nicely to good mouth-to-lung inhales.

mjs123

Jan 10, 2015
Coventry
Thanks nyiddle and all others you've pretty much help me justify to myself why I've just ordered a nautilus. I do like my gadgets and I'd order everything available before too long so I must find my sweet spot soon and be happy with my lot. (Until something new comes along of course) at this stage I'm not ready or willing to rebuild coils or wicks so I'm happy to use off the shelf coils. But hey I might want to add an rba sometime in the future. Thanks all for help with my first post.

AncientAliensGuy

Feb 20, 2015
Texas
I have the Nautilus Mini, Atlantis, and Subtank Mini as far as Clearomizers go. I've always been a lung hitter, even before vaping but I will say the nautilus mini has a tight draw, and the Subtank mini can have a somewhat tight draw if used with the RBA deck but I've had issues with it leaking and dry hits on the stock OCC coils... You know the Atlantis already..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread