Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi,

Todays turn is the PM30 for review. A new pod from vaporesso that supports both MTL and restricted DTL. Thank you @Vaporesso_Chelsea for sending this kit to me.

First thing I wanted to mention is that its called 'PM30' with PM meaning pod-mod, but this is not a pod-mod as it does not have a screen nor varriable wattage. To me it is more an upgraded version of the vaporesso Podstick which I reviewed some time ago >

What I got in the box:

• 1 x TARGET PM30 battery
• 2 x TARGET PM30 POD (3.5ml)
• 1 x GTX 0.6Ω mesh coil
• 1 x GTX 1.2Ω regular coil
• 1 x Type-C charging cable
• 1 x User manual
• 1 x Warranty card
• 1 x Reminder card

TWO PODS! YEAH! vaporesso knows how to satisfy

Some speci
fications from the Vaporesso website, link to the product page > Target PM30 » Vaporesso:

Like the overall design of this pod, it is not large nor tiny, I would say its a bit larger and heavier than your regular pod. There is a good reason for that, it has a 1200mAh battery packed inside.

The materials feel nice. Its mainly build out of some kind of metal, probably zinc alloy, but its not mentioned anywhere just like on the PM80 SE I reviewed some time ago. The resin type part is applied properly to the pod but does not provide additional grip.

Firebutton sits very well into place. Its quite a small firebutton but it being placed right under the inner curve makes it a comfortable one.

Magnetic connectors on top the device connect well with the pod and it holds the pod very well. The pod has my favorite fill system, just like on the Podstick, slide open the pod, press down on the fill hole and fill. No bottom fill, no need to take out the pod. Downside of the fill system is that your bottle need to have a hard tip to be able to push down and fill. Unfortunately, Vaporesso did not add a special bottle for filling like they did with the Podstick as that was super useful.

Did not experience any mass leaks, just once when I was filling what a soft tip it kind of flooded around the pod into the device, but the device survived :). Capacity of the pod is significant especially if using it as a MTL pod. Pod material is a bit too dark to see the liquid and the pod sits quite deep in the device, so checking liquid level required me to take out the pod, not a massive issue but worth mentioning. The drip-tip has a cigarette like shape and its nice drip-tip, especially for MTL.

There is not much to it function wise apart from turning on/off, switching between wattage levels and vaping. That is also why PM30 I think is the incorrect naming, should have been P30 or Podstick V2. The LED light around the firebutton is properly visible, in direct sunlight it is hard to see though. The device a very responsive if its about ramp up time.

Downside of this kit is that there is no airflow adjustment, you have to vape on the one you get. On the MTL coil its a cigarette type of draw, it's not tight as I like but its nice. The RDTL coils are for me a bit to restricted, but I am

Let’s talk coils, there is 3 coils in this kit; 1.2ohm regular round wire coil 8-12w (MTL), 0.8ohm mesh coil 12-20w(RDTL) and 0.6ohm mesh coil 20-30w(RDTL).

GTX 0.6Ω MESH Restricted DTL, 20-30W(Best:28W)

Nice flavorful restricted DTL hit. For me a bit too restricted but I can imagine many people liking it. The draw is very similar to the Aegis pod, in between a MTL and DTL airflow.

GTX 0.8Ω MESH Restricted DTL, 12-20W(Best:18W)

Again, great flavor, but this one is too restricted and too little power for restricted DTL. It’s more a loose MTL coil to me that delivers warm and very flavorful vaper.

GTX 1.2Ω Regular Wire MTL, 8-12W (Best: 11W)

Regular wire means regular vaper, the flavor from these coils is proper and they do deliver nicotine very well. Been using these coils with 20mg/ml salts and it is really a pleasure vaping on these coils. The airflow is cigarette like, not too tight, not too loose.

Battery wise its a star with the MTL coil, it gets me easily through at least 1.5 day of vaping on its highest (green) setting. The 0.8ohm makes it through a whole day, the 0.6ohm almost through a whole day. It charges from 0 to 100 in about 70 minutes, which is a bit long.

For those who are interested to see the user manual:

Overall thoughts:

A nice little pod kit which I especially like using with the standard MTL coil, it provides a proper vape and the battery lasts long when using MTL. I am not a massive fan of the DTL part of this kit, its an ok pleasant vape, but there is too little airflow and the battery does not last as long as I’d like it to. Of course, it is nice to be able to use different vaping styles and many will like the RDTL from this pod.

I would highly recommend this kit for smokers that are looking to switch to vaping, the airflow on MTL is like a cigarette and the drip-tip is also cigarette style. I think the 30$ MSRP is a fair price for this kit.

Pro’s:

*Very nice MTL vape and a proper RDTL vape
*Battery lasts long when using the MTL coil
*Two pods in the kit
*USB type C
*Design feels nice in the hands
*Top fill system is great
*Firebutton is small but very well placed
*Cigarette like drip-tip is nice for MTL
*No leaks
*Magnets hold pod well into place
*3- wattage level works well