Taste Buds Fried!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stover.p

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2010
Oklahoma
I'm almost 3 weeks into vapeing. I've used Ms T's, DIY flavorshack and a few others. Very good flavor. I ran out and had to add some cinnamon to one I didn't like and vaped that for 2 days. My new stuff came in ysterday. Now I can't taste any of my other flavors! I have different attys for the different types. It's not that I taste cinnamon it's I don't taste anything unless I vape cinnamon. I want to taste my English toffee so bad but.............nothing. The TH is there just no flavor. Has anyone else had this happen and did it pass?? :confused:

mick11

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Dallas, TX
I can see cinnamon doing it, but personally I go up and down on taste almost daily and sometimes throughout the day. Just vape on and avoid the last flavor that "took you taste away" until your taste returns. It took me almost two months to really taste any of the flavors very well, but now it is a new surprise every day as taste is fully returning.

Remember we all did much damage to our bodies with analogs over long periods, the hurt will be undone but give it time.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
stover there a thread in general about this - oh let me find it - you'll spend forever on search other wise - hold on.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/where-can-i-get/74942-i-think-my-tastebuds-comatose.html
There it is! Hopefully you will see from that thread that this whole 'wth happened to my tastebuds' (actually its sense of smell btw) is very COMMON and NORMAL and can happen in the first week/months/over time.
We found the use of a Neti Pot very efficacious :)

soarer425

Verified Member
Mar 11, 2010
Bothell, WA
I have experienced this myself and it is more linked to sense of smell then taste buds. Since most of these flavorings are artificial flavors they work mostly on your sense of smell. I remember doing this way back in HS. Eat a tootsie roll, then eat one while plugging your nose. You won't taste a damn thing with your nose plugged :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread