my taste buds are dead? No longer tasting cinnamon

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacydc83

Aug 28, 2014
Virginia
I don't know whats going on, but yesterday,after I bought myself a brand new glass tank, I can no longer taste my favorite cinnaster freeze juice! I thought since i started out with a different flavor in the new tank, that might of caused it, but I can't taste it, or smell it. Did I kill a taste bud that picks up cinnamon? Will it come back?

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I've found cinnamon to be one of those flavours that fatigues the taste buds. I suspect it's actually a defence mechanism of the mouth - lessening the reward of consuming one thing so as to lead us to a more varied diet.

Move to another juice and plenty of water, per above. As for the juice, I suggest a menthol or spearmint - same sensory feedback as cinnamon (i.e., you can 'feel' it, not just taste it).

proxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2014
NB, Canada
congratulations!!!! you have your first case of "Vapors Tongue"... switch to a tame flavor... or something you bought before that you didnt like... and make sure to drink LOTS of water.

I like that tip lol.. Gives me a reason to hold on to my less favored juices. I have found that some of the sweet flavors tend to become less intense - however, the nuttier tobacco flavors tend to remain much the same.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk

Larry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Amarillo, Texas
I vape a lot of cinnamon that I have mixed myself at a very high percentage. I like it really strong. However, my taste buds DO become numb from it pretty quickly. One thing to try is putting the drip tip toward the back of your tongue so the taste buds there can get the flavor (at least until they become numb, also). As already mentioned, try switching to a tobacco or other non-sweet juice. My taste for the cinnamon comes back in twenty or thirty minutes, at most an hour. I love the switching around. Keeps life interesting.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I don't know whats going on, but yesterday,after I bought myself a brand new glass tank, I can no longer taste my favorite cinnaster freeze juice! I thought since i started out with a different flavor in the new tank, that might of caused it, but I can't taste it, or smell it. Did I kill a taste bud that picks up cinnamon? Will it come back?

You broke a bud.

Extreme flavors like that put your system on sensory overload and your capacity to taste that flavor shuts down. Some times you not only lose the ability to taste that flavor, you lose the ability to taste much of anything. (Ever burnt yourself out on chili's?) You just gotta lay off a constant stream of that stuff, suck it up, and give it a couple days or so for your sense of taste to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread