Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Not at all unusual for your tastes to change. Think about it...do you still eat all the same foods or drink all the same fluids or use all the same brands? Vaping is the same, it evolves with you. Have some fun with it now that you've expanded your flavor profile. I find myself vaping flavors I would never eat or drink.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, no reason to worry. My biggest "taste change" of them all was getting my tastebuds back! LOL, and I will say as I DIY my horizons kind of have opened. I actually bought some menthol, could see it working with certain of my DIY creations at the right percentage.

I sincerely though my son put me off menthol for life, but he used to cloudvape in my car when I was still smoking, this godawful (to me) combination of methol and citrus.

It didn't help matters any that he has lungs like Micheal Phelps. Perhaps not as much of a tool, but definitiely that kid used to CHUCK clouds. LOL. Open windows didn't help.

But, any thing can be useful/terrible/dangerous even, at the right percentage, I am finding :)

Anna

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I sincerely though my son put me off menthol for life, but he used to cloudvape in my car when I was still smoking, this godawful (to me) combination of methol and citrus.
Wow, if you could smell the menthol in second hand vapor, that is a LOT of menthol. The first few days I was using the ecig, I went out and bought some juice branded "Blizzard" by the local chain vape B&M.
Nothing but menthol in PG/VG. By itself, it would strip paint, and make your sinuses bleed, but my non-smoker friends said they couldn't smell it. They even let me vape it in their kitchen! Of course, my plan was to mix it with the existing legacy stock of Halo Tribeca and other tobacco juices. I am still adding little amounts of it to my little clearomizers when I fill. Now I have some menthol concentrate to make my own when this is gone. (Probably today!):)

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Today is national Burrito day I hear... Maybe a burrito flavored vape? LOL I can't think of much more horrible (well, I can and have) but it sounds like a rather unappealing target. LOL.

Anna
That is the good thing about having this forum. If I hadn't had the right advice, I might have ordered something like that! :D

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I had a similar experience. For a long time I only vaped tobacco flavors. Eventually I got bored and started trying other stuff. I now love custards and cremes and stuff that is lightly sweet. I still can't do super sweet vape. I hit on a real sweet vape for a few puffs and I'm done. But I love me some coffee and creme or strawberry cheesecake or....

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I tried a new flavour, coolaid - lemonade with a pineapple exhale. Tasted great at first, but had an awful aftertaste. I cleaned out my tank, threw in a new coil with a menthol juice - but still got the awful aftertaste.

Half an hour later I had a sip of the energy drink monster I was having and tada!!! It was the damn drink that had the awful pineapple aftertaste - not the ejuice ;)
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2018
    IL, Duh
    I tried a new flavour, coolaid - lemonade with a pineapple exhale. Tasted great at first, but had an awful aftertaste. I cleaned out my tank, threw in a new coil with a menthol juice - but still got the awful aftertaste.

Half an hour later I had a sip of the energy drink monster I was having and tada!!! It was the damn drink that had the awful pineapple aftertaste - not the ejuice ;)
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    I do believe that if I was to drink that stuff, and vape higher nicotine, my arteries would explode...but I am old...

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I do believe that if I was to drink that stuff, and vape higher nicotine, my arteries would explode...but I am old...
    Oh yeah its bad, been weaning myself off energy drinks at the same time as cigarettes. Down to about 125ml a day, so I just need to take that plunge :) I figure since I quit smoking - I can now quit anything

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2018
    IL, Duh
    Today is national Burrito day I hear... Maybe a burrito flavored vape? LOL I can't think of much more horrible (well, I can and have) but it sounds like a rather unappealing target. LOL.

Anna
    So, now it is the day after National Burrito Day. Everybody face appropriately, and FART in the general direction of the FDA!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't think it's heresy to consider quitting vaping at some point. I certainly have no deep and abiding desire to do so, but I have nothing against vapers quitting (would probably be easiest if approached from a 0 nic standpoint but not always, for everyone) and if any vaper wants to quit, I'd say GO for it. Vaping is harm reduction, not harm elimination, and if a person can quit vaping more power to them.

I don't think I'd throw away/sell all my vapes, though, that's for sure. Stress happens and etc. :)

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Yep. We have about the same quit date, mine is not exact, I did not note the date(!) I am still optimistic, that I will at some point be able to give up the vape, as well. (Heresy, in these parts:)).
    We actually have quite a few members who quit vaping as well. They pop in to stay in touch and say hello.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread