Taste the filler material if not used...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimplegirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
New Jersey
I was using my carto's on a daily basis, meaning in the am, afternoon and pm. But lately I haven't been using them until night time and now I taste what I would guess is the filler material. I know it's not a burnt taste and the cartos are only a week old with little use. Does anyone else taste the filler when you leave the liquid in for a day or longer without use?

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not that I recall.

I haven't use cartos in nearly a year, as I'm using rebuildables exclusively now. It could be the brand of carto you use. I know there were differences in the taste and polyfill of Boge, Ikenvape, and Smoktechs. It also may be some reaction with your flavors and the polyfill. You might try "topping off" the carto with a few drops of the same flavor before resuming vaping.

Dimplegirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
New Jersey
Not that I recall.

I haven't use cartos in nearly a year, as I'm using rebuildables exclusively now. It could be the brand of carto you use. I know there were differences in the taste and polyfill of Boge, Ikenvape, and Smoktechs. It also may be some reaction with your flavors and the polyfill. You might try "topping off" the carto with a few drops of the same flavor before resuming vaping.

Thank you Baditude, I will try that! You are always so helpful :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I haven't noticed what you're describing - though I will say that I notice the difference between two different types of vape-gear whenever I switch after an absence.
For instance, I will often use an RBA almost all day, then go to a carto-tank while running some errands - and initially the difference will stand out. But it's not that the carto is different from sitting, it's that my taste has acclimated to a different temperature, wick, vapor volume, etc...

At any rate, I also should mention that I've been getting VERY good life out of Boge cartos lately under these conditions. Meaning, I might use it for an hour a day, IF that. And it keeps going and going. I expected them to "age" more rapidly - with a clock ticking as soon as it's wet. And maybe it does - but not quickly. They're lasting a month or so...

Reactions: David Wolf

Dimplegirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
New Jersey
I haven't noticed what you're describing - though I will say that I notice the difference between two different types of vape-gear whenever I switch after an absence.
For instance, I will often use an RBA almost all day, then go to a carto-tank while running some errands - and initially the difference will stand out. But it's not that the carto is different from sitting, it's that my taste has acclimated to a different temperature, wick, vapor volume, etc...

At any rate, I also should mention that I've been getting VERY good life out of Boge cartos lately under these conditions. Meaning, I might use it for an hour a day, IF that. And it keeps going and going. I expected them to "age" more rapidly - with a clock ticking as soon as it's wet. And maybe it does - but not quickly. They're lasting a month or so...

Train 2, I was wondering if it was my taste buds from using 2 different types of devices. During most of the day and night I'm using an eGrip with aspire bvc coils and then switch to my carto's at night for a few hours while watching tv. Before I got the eGrip I was using carto's all day and night and never tasted it. I guess it could be either or... taste buds or just need to top off the carto. My carto's are also lasting a nice amount of time now they are not get a daily use, which is nice since they can be a pain to fill. I use Ikenvapes platinum carto's and they are awesome. Thanks for your input too :)

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
I use carto tanks all day every day, have been for many years. And cartos do go bad over time. I'm a constant vapor, and after 3 or 4 days I notice a very different flavor than I do with a brand new carto. When I notice the flavor isn't right, I know its time to replace the carto. My wife and I both use carto tanks, and we both get the same lifespan from a carto. So I typically buy 25 - 30 cartos at a time.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
You dry burn before repacking then?

I have actually rebuilt an 808 carto. PITA hard to work down in there. Won't do that again, but it did work nicely I use it as a dripper juice tester little drip tip and all :)
Naah no dry burning, I just soaked em in PGA and let em dry and refilled. Left the center tube in and just coiled strips of cotton round and round while lightly packing it down with a blunt needle tip.

also the old filler comes right out if it is wet with juice, dry not as well.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Just wondering. Back when we were cleaning cartos, the limits seemed to be the coil, the packing was easy to clean. I really don't think I could pack cotton in there as well as the filler is packed, but it sounds good.

Always wanted to try a Kanger. PBusardo didn't care for them- so they must be OK :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread