Carto Filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
idaho
So I have been using HV DCC on my VV boxmod for awhile now. I have been having issues with the Carto filler lately. After vaping for awhile, sometimes within 2-3 hrs other times within the next day my filler material starts to melt. On a few of the carto's I have even had a hole burned through the filler material. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if so is there a fix for it? I cannot seem to get more than one day out of my cartos before I have to get a new one because the filler either melts, or a big hole gets burned in it.

My equipment and settings are as follows:

VV Box mod
HV dual coil 2.0ohm Clearomizers
vaping at 5.5 volts.

Thanks

alamor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
idaho
I actually have a 2oz bottle with a 2 inch syringe on the cap. I think the bottle is normally used for flux, but it works great for loading cartos. I am also using the clearomizers so I can see its totally wet. I have read about "counterfeit" cartos before, could that maybe be the issue?? I have been using cartos for over a year now and I have only recently had this problem so I really don't think it's operator error.

Are you filling it using the condom method? Dripping it in can make you think you have it wet enough without it actually BEING wet enough. A too-dry carto is the only thing that explains what's happening to yours. And yes, once it is burnt, it is ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread