Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Indiana
Do any of you have one of these? I'm curious about them. Tatroe Mods

You can now get just the rings or the base , with one ring you can go 18490 in the mini or stack two rings and go 18650 in the mini.
The full size Provari and one ring lets you go 18650,
You can still use the factory end cap with the rings or use the flared base.

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
I am in love with my Protank, which of course means that yesterday I had my first Mod Drop. The Provari is unblemished , but the Protank Pyrex sheared off right at the base. It wasn't a matter of if, but when.

I had been looking at the Tatroe stainless replacement tank for the Protank since I saw it on sale via ........, so I ordered one.

The Kanger Evod works well, but the Protank is a dream.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Update: I got my two Tatroe base and extension sleeve units a couple of days ago. I decided to get one for each of my two Provari's. I was slightly hesitant at first to purchase these because of the cost and I questioned whether I'd really use them that much as I already had a couple of battery extension caps from Provape.

Well, first off I can assure everyone of their high quality craftmanship and machining. The threading is comparable to that of Provape's. The overall finish is not polished to look like chrome, but a pleasing stainless that matches up well with the Provari top cone. These things are hefty (a good thing) like bookends. When my AGA's are in use on the Provari's they are quite top-heavy and have the potential to tip over easily. With the Tatroe bases installed, this is no longer an issue; the bases allow for a wider center of gravity and provide a great sense of security from accidental falls due to any clumsiness on my part.

My upper bin in my work locker is not perfectly level, but that is where I keep my mods to be "at the ready" to vape between breaks. Having these Tatroe bases on the Provari's will provide added security knowing that when I open the locker door that it will not jar the Provari from the shelf and fall out of the locker.

If a Provari owner has not purchased a battery extension cap from Provape but were considering one, this Tatroe base is well worth looking into as another option. Since I now have two of them, if I so wished I could configure my Mini to use an 18650 battery. Not that I plan on using it in that configuration, as the whole point of getting the Mini was for its shorter length, extra portability, and better pocket use. But the option is there, and that's a good thing too.

But the main purpose of getting the Tatroe bases are for the convenience and security of being able to place the Provari down on any semi-level surface and not worry about it, or whatever is attached to it, from becoming tipsy and falling over. Place the Provari with Tatroe base attached down on a table or desk by the edge of the Tatroe base and the Provari will find its center of gravity and stand upright in perfect posture.

A worthwhile investment that I consider a pratical purchase that I will use on a daily basis.

http://www.cigtechs.com/Tatroe-Mods_c_66.html

Last edited:

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
I just got my SS Tatroe Tank. I've been using it for about 30 minutes. It adds a bit of heft to the Provari, and changes the center of gravity a bit, but I like the added heft, and I am no longer afraid that the glass will break if dropped or bent the wrong way in a pocket. No leaks so far, and the vape seems identical to the original Pyrex tank. I'm not tasting anything metallic coming off of the tank.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
I've spent most of the evening using the Tatroe now, and removed it a little while ago. Absolutely no leaking whatsoever onto the Provari base, it was utterly dry. Even the original Pyrex tank on the Protank left a tiny bit of liquid behind when I removed it from the Provari. Very nice.

I am interested in using one on an eGo, but I'm afraid it will be even heavier than the Pyrex tank. Is this the case? And if you have an eGo around could you take a picture for us? Thanks!

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
I am interested in using one on an eGo, but I'm afraid it will be even heavier than the Pyrex tank. Is this the case? And if you have an eGo around could you take a picture for us? Thanks!

I do not own an eGo. It is noticeably heavier than the original Pyrex tank. I'm pretty sure it will make an eGo-style mod very top heavy.

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
Good to know, thank you! Could you post a side by side of the Tatroe and the ProTank when you get a chance?

Alas, the Protank met an untimely demise at the business end of a fall-to-linoleum. The Pyrex sheared right off the base.

It is difficult to compare sizes, though, because the Protank has an integrated drip tip, but the Tatroe let's you use your own. With a typical drip tip, I suspect they are about the same size. The tank portion seems a tad larger, both in circumference and height, but this could just be me remembering the Protank incorrectly, or the steel of the Tatroe making it look larger.

I spent the evening going through a full tank of liquid, and then removed it. There was absolutely no condensation whatsoever under the base or on the Provari connector. Zero leakage.

In case you didn't notice, I LOVE this thing.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
Alas, the Protank met an untimely demise at the business end of a fall-to-linoleum. The Pyrex sheared right off the base.

It is difficult to compare sizes, though, because the Protank has an integrated drip tip, but the Tatroe let's you use your own. With a typical drip tip, I suspect they are about the same size. The tank portion seems a tad larger, both in circumference and height, but this could just be me remembering the Protank incorrectly, or the steel of the Tatroe making it look larger.

I spent the evening going through a full tank of liquid, and then removed it. There was absolutely no condensation whatsoever under the base or on the Provari connector. Zero leakage.

In case you didn't notice, I LOVE this thing.

Right on! The reason I'm so curious about the size is because it just looks so long and skinny compared to the shape of a protank. It looks really freakin awesome though. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Since I am local, I purchased two of these. They are bigger and heavier but with a standard sized drip tip, it's only about 4mm (less than 1/4 inch) taller. I don't have my calibers but it can't be much more than 1 or 2mm larger at the widest point around the top ring. Where it mounts to the bottom cap, it's the same size. I have them on my X6's and they balance perfectly. I actually like the little extra weight and they are still pocket friendly with an ego style battery. They actually look like it was design specifically for the X6 (they weren't) because of the similar designs. The machining is beautifully done and the threading is what I would call buttery smooth. The drip tip snaps right into place solidly and the gapping at the bottom is perfect. Since its made from surgical stainless steel, no worries about vaping from it. The vaping is no different than the Pyrex tank, same clean taste. FYI, I went there intending to buy the smooth but ended up getting the grooved because I like the tactile feel so much.

On a side note, they have evod replacement heads for a $1.00 that work perfectly with the Protank and tighten up the draw. $1.00!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread