Status
Not open for further replies.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
So while waiting on the new Reomizers, I've decided to try Cisco 306.

Those things seem to run pretty warm, glad I got the delrin tips instead of metal. I can feel the heat even through the plastic.

Two questions though:

1. Is there a trick to taking the drip tip off? It seems so tight. Feels like if I pull on it any harder, I'll break the 510 connector off my mod. Too scared to try it on a Reo

2. How does one squonk them properly? There's no gurgle to them, so not sure when to stop blind squonking. And can't see into them, so not sure how to not so blind squonk. Should I just squonk til I'm spitting juice?

3. Ok, maybe three questions. The flavor and throat hit are pretty good. Not really that outstanding, but better than cartos. However, amount of vapor doesn't really impress me that much. More than a Boge carto, less than a shorty smoktech, and much less than the way I set up my RBAs. Am I doing something wrong? I thought huge plumes of vapor were 306s' trade mark?

Thank you!
Commie

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I like the pyrex tips on them. That way I can see the juice. The 306 L.R. like to have plenty of juice. They are a bit finicky so it is a task to learn just how much juice to give them.

You should be getting lots of vapor. If you over flood them the vapor will drop.

They do run hot. Some like the xtra tall tips on them.

The drip tips sometimes get stuck on pretty tight. If cool they come off easier.

I blind squonk mine all the time. It might be a little quieter than other atty's.

They work well on the REO. Don't be afraid of them and try it!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
good questions commie, I can't help because the last time I used a 306 I ran it so hot that the drip tip that surrounds it melted into the sides of the darn thing

Some people have had to freeze them to take off the tip. The pyrex I use are not too bad. They keep the heat down to a good level. Metal tips do seem to stick a little more is what I found.

FEEDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Geordieland UK
I use bauway lr306's all the time,
I use a long cannon tip, 38mm long, the trick with the tip, is not to push it on too tight, put it on so it just grips, & then when you get the atty warm, & it swells slightly, it grips the tip, & getting it off when it's cool, isn't so much of a problem, just give it a twist as your gently pulling it
Frank

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Cool, I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I ended up leaving the drip tip about 1/8" away from the bottom, so I can take it off without destroying old ego batteries :)

Strangely, the squonking's gotten very easy in just a few hours. It seems a lot more forgiving than HH357.

And the amount of vapor went up. Maybe the atty needed to "break in". A process I thoroughly don't understand.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I recall reading maybe a day of break-in sometime, which matches what I see, before they will really hit their stride.

I use a shorty stainless steel drip tip, quite happy with it, on a GV 306 sleeve.

I get a bit of gurgle if I inhale, before pressing the fire button. If it isn't there I squonk.

I definitely get clouds of vapor running a debridged (unintentionally :) ) Cisco 306 on a VV Grand.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Sounds like you are flooding your 306 they give real good vapour. They were all I used until I started my RBA's. your not going to pull the 510 connection out of your Reo. I know they are way to her than egos. I broke several egos before moving to reos :lol: get a couple of the clear plastic tips Avid has them and then u can see how my h juice is in on the atty. about a 1/16inch ring is perfect.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Not that I don't believe you, but I just couldn't bring myself to yank that hard on my Reo. Broken Egos are ok. Just grab them with some rusty pliers and pull :)

Also, that was quite a few autocowrecks :tumble:
Hmm. Yep. I'm on iPhone and tired eyes :lol: I trust u got it tho. I use my Reo for seperating drip tips all the time. They are a press fit and very tough.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Some people have had to freeze them to take off the tip. The pyrex I use are not too bad. They keep the heat down to a good level. Metal tips do seem to stick a little more is what I found.

I didn't ever freeze the stuck ones. I made sure they were very dry and clean and put them in fridge for a few hours in a baggie. The main point, though, is to get the metal to contract ever so slightly.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I use bauway lr306's all the time,
I use a long cannon tip, 38mm long, the trick with the tip, is not to push it on too tight, put it on so it just grips, & then when you get the atty warm, & it swells slightly, it grips the tip, & getting it off when it's cool, isn't so much of a problem, just give it a twist as your gently pulling it
Frank

Also, having a few 306 w pyrex DTs take dives onto rocks..... if the fit is loose the DT generally jumps off and hasn't shattered. I have a bunch of pyrex DTs from same vender. They all differ in ID even though they are designated as for Ciscos.

These are all from 2011 when they first came out. Things may be more consistant now.

My favorite DT with 306 was the Pyrex.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread