Technical mod issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swankiestpants

Oct 2, 2021
Im new on here but I need help, i just pulled the batteries out of my mod because my battery indicator was showing the charge fluctuating wildly even when not hitting, in fact it was preventing me from hitting saying there was a battery imbalance, the batteries were full and I even tried my other 2 sets of full batteries, i haven't dropped my mod nor have I spilled anything on it, its never done anything like this until just now, it is an older mod, its the snowwolf mfeng special edition, i can't seem to get it to stop doing what it's doing please help

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Im new on here but I need help, i just pulled the batteries out of my mod because my battery indicator was showing the charge fluctuating wildly even when not hitting, in fact it was preventing me from hitting saying there was a battery imbalance, the batteries were full and I even tried my other 2 sets of full batteries, i haven't dropped my mod nor have I spilled anything on it, its never done anything like this until just now, it is an older mod, its the snowwolf mfeng special edition, i can't seem to get it to stop doing what it's doing please help

Welcome to the ECF Swankiestpants.

I'm not really a Dual Battery Mod expert. But what type of Batteries are you using? How Old are they and what type of Loads have put on them?

The More Info you can give the Better Chances of someone knowing what might be going on.

:)

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Swankiestpants

Oct 2, 2021
Welcome to the ECF Swankiestpants.

I'm not really a Dual Battery Mod expert. But what type of Batteries are you using? How Old are they and what type of Loads have put on them?

The More Info you can give the Better Chances of someone knowing what might be going on.

:)
I'm running 2 18650s I have 2 sets of some brand called sutra plus, and 1 set of a brand I can't type the name of due to lack of character on my keyboard, its h_life but the blank is the omega symbol, I'm not sure what you mean by load, i typically vape at 72 watts and the batteries hold 4.2v, i dont think it's the batteries as it seems weird that all my batteries would go out at the same time

Swankiestpants

Oct 2, 2021
Have you tried changing the coil?
I haven't as this is a fairly fresh coil, only a couple days old, but im not entirely sure how changing the coil would fix it, i did just update it's firmware to the newest version which didn't fix it, and i went through all connections where batteries meet the mod and also where the atomizer meets the mod and no luck there either

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
I haven't as this is a fairly fresh coil, only a couple days old, but im not entirely sure how changing the coil would fix it, i did just update it's firmware to the newest version which didn't fix it, and i went through all connections where batteries meet the mod and also where the atomizer meets the mod and no luck there either

It was a shot in the dark but a dying coil might affect you electronics. Happened to me once.

• Informative
Reactions: SlowTalker

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'd say you have a failing mod. But it would be worth it to clean the battery contacts on both the batteries and on the mod to rule out dirty contacts. If it still does it after the cleaning, you can be reasonably sure it's a failure in the mod, which could actually be dangerous.

Ω key? :D All you have to do is hold down the Alt key while you type 234.

Thanks, I never knew that. :thumbs: Will try to remember it!

Ω Look Ma, I did it!

Swankiestpants

Oct 2, 2021
    I have solved the issue, i took off the 4 screws holding the plastic down in the battery compartment and lifted the plastic up enough to see under it, turns out some juice had been slowly building up on the board, after cleaning said juice off the board and putting everything back together it seems to be running fine now, that's the good news, the bad news is I'm gonna have to either replace it or take it to a professional soon because the plastic broke due to how old it is making it brittle, only in 1 spot but it just happened to be in a spot that makes a portion of the plastic lift up with the magnet when I open the battery door, not too big a deal mostly just annoying, and also I think I seated the plastic in its spot just slightly off, it is now sitting about half a millimeter higher than its meant to on the bottom left corner which makes closing the door slightly more annoying, but all in all its good for now, and yes I'm aware of the dangerous nature of electronics and more specifically lithium ion batteries, i dont believe either of those issues will be a problem, and since all I did was clean the board and not actually mess with any electronics or anything, I'm fairly certain I don't have too much to worry about, I'll update again if the problem reappears, in which case I'll probably be dumping the mod and either getting a new one or using it as an excuse to quit altogether

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    Thanks, I never knew that. :thumbs: Will try to remember it!

Ω Look Ma, I did it!

Somebody on this forum told me about that several years ago. It comes in handy here.

I'd say you have a failing mod. But it would be worth it to clean the battery contacts on both the batteries and on the mod to rule out dirty contacts. If it still does it after the cleaning, you can be reasonably sure it's a failure in the mod, which could actually be dangerous.

I had similar symptoms with a Provari once after I dropped it 20' onto a concrete floor. The circuit board had come loose. Provape fixed it and sent it back to me in less than a week. I kinda miss those days.

Reactions: CMD-Ky
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread