Teeth Grinding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishvaper

Nov 19, 2015
Hey all, how's things? I have a bit of a strange query here...I gave up Cigarettes two and a half months ago, first with a pen type ecig, and now with a tank. I havent touched a cigarette since, after smoking 20 a day for approx 20 years.I started out on 18mg of nicotine, but two days ago, I dropped to 12 mg. The strange thing is, today my jaw is clenching all day, and it has got worse as the day has gone on!!! Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be down to dropping Nicotine levels? Or maybe vaping too much to make up for the lower levels?Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
I have noticed it, even just a few days ago.... For me, when I drop to a lower nic level, I seem to clinch my jaw more often throughout the day....

Vaping for two years, cigarette free for over a year, I normally vape between 6 and 10mg liquids, but I notice it when I'm on 10mg one day and then switch to a 6mg the next day....

Reactions: Irishvaper

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
If you do a forum search the subject, jaw clenching and teeth grinding has come up over the years on here. Most contribute it overdoing the nic, which is a stimulant, or one of the many symptoms someone may experience from stopping smoking. But honestly it may not be related to either and you should consult your doctor to determine the actual cause.

Moaufan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Richland, Ga. USA
STRESS is the culprit in my jaw clenching, I, did it smoking 3pad. I have no problem with it on the weekends or vacations, come Monday it's on. I, clench so bad at night I can't fall asleep. My dentist made me a mouth piece and it works but I can't wear it during the day. He suggested that I put the tip of my tongue between my teeth when I, realized I was clenching and it works too. Try it you'll be amazed at the difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irishvaper

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey all, how's things? I have a bit of a strange query here...I gave up Cigarettes two and a half months ago, first with a pen type ecig, and now with a tank. I havent touched a cigarette since, after smoking 20 a day for approx 20 years.I started out on 18mg of nicotine, but two days ago, I dropped to 12 mg. The strange thing is, today my jaw is clenching all day, and it has got worse as the day has gone on!!! Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be down to dropping Nicotine levels? Or maybe vaping too much to make up for the lower levels?Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
18 all the way down to 12 is a pretty big drop. If it were me I would mix mine half 18mg to half 12mg and end up with 15mg. For most of us, smaller drops in nic strength just seem to end up more comfortable. HTH

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Going from a Pen type e-Cigarette to a Tank can be a Big Change.

Because Tanks (on average) are Much more Efficient in delivering Nicotine than what goes on the end of Most Pen e-Cigarettes.

I used CE2 Clearos with 18mg/ml for a Long Time. When I moved to RTA/RBA Tanks, I could tell I needed to drop the Nicotine Level in my e-Liquids. And thru some Trial and Error, I found that 9mg/ml was the Max Level for Day-2-Day vaping.

You might try Dropping you Nicotine Level again to 9mg/ml or even 6mg/ml and see if you like it Better.

I would Also suggest that you try to Drink More Water than you Usually do. That can Help.

jholden

Jan 19, 2016
I have been vaping for about 1 year now and I have changed my levels of nicotine a few times now. Everytime i go lower i have more and more problems with grinding my teeth and jaw clenching. It has gotten to the point that my teeth feel like they are starting to move. It is very odd. I think that it may have something to do with not having enough moisture in my mouth. The less nicotine i feel leads me to vape more which would lead to more vg and more drying of the mouth.. Are you having similar issues?

Irishvaper

Nov 19, 2015
I have been vaping for about 1 year now and I have changed my levels of nicotine a few times now. Everytime i go lower i have more and more problems with grinding my teeth and jaw clenching. It has gotten to the point that my teeth feel like they are starting to move. It is very odd. I think that it may have something to do with not having enough moisture in my mouth. The less nicotine i feel leads me to vape more which would lead to more vg and more drying of the mouth.. Are you having similar issues?
Hi, my problem with grinding has cleared up completely. I stick to a certain brand, at 18 mg and that seems to have stopped it. I never really had the dry mouth at all, so that was never a problem. Hopefully you get to the bottom of it, it was very annoying for me for a while there.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
While I'm glad that your problem was resolved, it was probably more psychological than anything. If you went from 18mg to 0mg I'd suggest that sudden drop in nicotine might be the culprit, but 18 --> 12 isn't a huge leap.

Although, everyone reacts differently. If it starts acting up again maybe consider visiting a doctor? Could be symptomatic of something more serious, or not, and just stress. Either way, highly doubt it's related in any way to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread