Tell me what is good about a Pro-vari or VV mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
ok, so i googled the buzz pro and my initial impressions are this...the site is thoroughly uninformative...the device looks ok but its 139$...the way i understand it, at least from reading ecf is that the pro vari is more or less the twelve inch penis of VV devices, so if i'm going to spend 140 i might as well go all in and spend 200...isnt the pro vari made out of like aircraft grade steel or something??

the decision is coming down really to something like the lavatube, vtube, mvari, etc, about 75$ or the pro vari i guess at $200

im still not sure i cant get by with one of the cheaper ones...you've all made fine points and thank you

Actually the Provari is a hair over 4 inches LOL. It's $159 for the actual device. You would need to buy batts for any device that you purchase unless it comes in a "kit". You asked for info about the Provari and those of us who own one have done our best to help. The Buzz Pro is a nice device. Nothing wrong with not wanting/needing to see what voltage you're vaping.. nothing wrong with wanting/needing to see what voltage you are vaping. Most of us who post here are really into vaping... nothing wrong with that.

Consider customer service with any device you decide to buy.. any and all from the most expensive to the least expensive can/will break/malfunction/quit working.. then you'll have to decide if it's worth replacing or repairing.

Good luck with whatever device you decide to choose.. it's all good :)

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Ha, I'm not sure yet. Still investigating. You people who drip....don't you get annoyed with that? Constantly every 5-6 hits having to re-drip? That would drive me insane. How tedious.

I dripped exclusively for months and yes... it did get tedious to me LOL. Then the boge cartos came along and wow! I could vape for a while before having to refill it.. was it worth it? to me it was. Then carto tanks came along and WOW! I could go all day without fuss! I use the dc tanks with the xl boge 3ohm cartos (one hole punched with a hammer and screw) and I have no problems at all :) The links I provided are the same vendor.. shipping is included in the price and you get to choose free drip tips! Lots of people drip all the time, whatever works for you. I do like to drip sometimes but I only do it here at the computer.

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
ok, so i googled the buzz pro and my initial impressions are this...the site is thoroughly uninformative...the device looks ok but its 139$...the way i understand it, at least from reading ecf is that the pro vari is more or less the twelve inch penis of VV devices, so if i'm going to spend 140 i might as well go all in and spend 200...isnt the pro vari made out of like aircraft grade steel or something??

the decision is coming down really to something like the lavatube, vtube, mvari, etc, about 75$ or the pro vari i guess at $200

im still not sure i cant get by with one of the cheaper ones...you've all made fine points and thank you

Actually the Buzz Pro starts at < $120 if you want a blemished version which is the way I went and wouldn't have known it was blemished if it wasn't in the title and I had to specifically look for it, Notcigs also has a discount code for additional savings, The Provari is $159.

I've got both, between them just depends on what your looking for. They are both durable and perform great. The Provari just has more options with the meter. If it's your only tube I'd probably suggest the Provari due to it being able to read ohms which is handy at times rather than having to use a separate one to check.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
+1 to what Errol posted above.

I own 19 VV mods (yeah, I know, ridiculous overkill. What can I say? Vaping is my hobby. So sue me. LOL.) Anyway, 8 of those are Madvapes VV Boxes (2 with voltage displays, 6 without). I also own a BuzzPro, iPro, and V1.5 and 3.0 Lavatubes. I don't own a ProVari or Darwin, but I have nothing bad to say about either. They're very cool devices.

Yes, my BuzzPro and iPro are beautifully engineered and extremely well-made devices. Yes, I love the single-button click atty/carto resistance check provided by both my Lavatubes.

In terms of actual vaping (not just bells and whistles), however, my Madvapes VV Boxes are as good as anything I own. They have become the standard against which I measure everything else as a pure, high-quality vaping experience. Although they're just cheap and homely plastic 3AA boxes, they're well-made, ergonomic, offer good battery life, and hold their voltage beautifully under load. They can handle just about any atty or carto---single coils, duals, etc. And they hit like freight trains.

For the price, they are worth their weight in gold (well, not really, given that gold is $1750/oz., but you know what I mean).

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
+1 to what Errol posted above.

I own 19 VV mods (yeah, I know, ridiculous overkill. What can I say? Vaping is my hobby. So sue me. LOL.) Anyway, 8 of those are Madvapes VV Boxes (2 with voltage displays, 6 without). I also own a BuzzPro, iPro, and V1.5 and 3.0 Lavatubes. I don't own a ProVari or Darwin, but I have nothing bad to say about either. They're very cool devices.

Yes, my BuzzPro and iPro are beautifully engineered and extremely well-made devices. Yes, I love the single-button click atty/carto resistance check provided by both my Lavatubes.

In terms of actual vaping (not just bells and whistles), however, my Madvapes VV Boxes are as good as anything I own. They have become the standard against which I measure everything else as a pure, high-quality vaping experience. Although they're just cheap and homely plastic 3AA boxes, they're well-made, ergonomic, offer good battery life, and hold their voltage beautifully under load. They can handle just about any atty or carto---single coils, duals, etc. And they hit like freight trains.

For the price, they are worth their weight in gold (well, not really, given that gold is $1750/oz., but you know what I mean).

Yep.. my vv madvapes box give just as good a vape as the more expensive devices I own. I use mine daily right along with the Provari and can't tell any difference. It is small, easy to cut on and off and lasts all day. It doesn't have the cool and useful features and it probably won't last near as long but then for the price, it's worth it and then some. Now I do like to see numbers.. I'm lost without them anymore. so I bought the voltmeter that madvapes sells and with it, I can set my voltage. The voltage wheel on the MV box isn't very "dial to taste" friendly like the Buzz Pro is reported to be, so if you don't have the box with the readout, I voltmeter is a must (for me anyway).

Mine goes to work with me because it's convenient to slip in my purse and it's a lot easier to conceal when I need it to be :D

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Well that's the point then; if anyone is curious to see if the hype is worth it, but are short on funds, fire up a $44 (or less) MV VV box mod.
while you're at it, watch what it feels like to vape at 3.3V (3.4, 3.5 or whatever your eGo, or "3.7" device puts out = they don't give you true 3.7v, but that's another story).... see what a good vape with a LR 1.5 up to 2.0 tastes and feels like on that VV, and know that it will taste JUST LIKE THAT on a Provari or Darwin or etc high end VV.
It will taste just like that on your 3.7 too... :)

Point being, it's the hype that sells the units and it's the hype that we pay for... I love knowing I have the best there is. But I like knowing that i don't HAVE TO HAVE it either.... :)

Personally you don't really need SR or HV imo, to get a good great vape... I use my VV's with LR all the time, not always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread