**Tenderfoot's Grand Opening Contest!** Handcrafted Wood Stands for your favorite PVs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
I got a few in mind here, my question is some are not exact so if I choose one that uses a word that someone suggested, helped me come up with something . Wouldn't you agree the first person to use that word that helped me win? Some of these were used by quite a few suggestions one was not used so often. Like it started if repeated it goes to the first if it wins? Like mentioned before this is to be done fair to all. So if this would upset most of you please let me know. It is not really picked yet just a thought. If this happens, it's basically me changing their suggestion slightly. But as a group you all opened my mind up, and I wish everyone could win.
Take care,
Don

You wanted help coming up with a name. You held a contest to encourage people to help. If you do not pick an "exact" winner it seems that the prize should go to the person you felt was most influential in helping you derive whatever name you choose.

:)

TENDERFOOT91

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2012
USA
Ok, nothing definite yet, just a few thing suggested gave me a idea and I want to be fair. I found myself calling mine something similar but I couldn't see the forest for the trees :). My wife will probably make the final call .
This part is no fun, I'm ready to put some of the ideas I got from you members to some wood and start playing again
Take Care everyone, I'm going to try the sleep thing again .
Good night I hope ,
Don. ;)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Ok, nothing definite yet, just a few thing suggested gave me a idea and I want to be fair. I found myself calling mine something similar but I couldn't see the forest for the trees :). My wife will probably make the final call .
This part is no fun, I'm ready to put some of the ideas I got from you members to some wood and start playing again
Take Care everyone, I'm going to try the sleep thing again .
Good night I hope ,
Don. ;)

That's why so many people rely on the random drawing or the most number of likes--trying to pick a winner on your own can be more stressful that the whole rest of the contest...

:blink:

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
That would have been "spacekitty" - someone YOU really should never forget, because she is the "Queen" of Contest Junkies' . . . And Just like OUR "King" of Contest Junkies' - "thehangdude" - the ones who know all and the be all of all Contest . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO!!!
sillylove.gif

As the resident Contest "Queen"... I think I can safely say that: In a contest like this is usually understood that the 1st person who comes up with a certain name would be the one to win the Prize... since not everyone will take the time to read through all of the pages of the previous posts to see if something has already been used... LOL!!

And even if you didn't find one that you liked, and came up with one of your own... (and I have seen it happen), I'm sure we would all understand that, too!! :)

Best of Luck!!

TENDERFOOT91

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2012
USA
Well that's were not knowing anything will help my wife be compleatly fair, I guess if someone feels like I made a bad call. I'll just apoligise now and please know I did my best. And the spirit of this was in the right place and everyone helped. But only one can win this. I will be giving away others in the future, well as long as everyone can play nice. Who knows I might just pick a few names from here and contact you in the future to get a address .Maybe just a random one from the next thred I start. If I can sell enough to cover my cost to play around makeing these, I have no problem paying it forward.
Thank you everyone,
Don

lettucehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Indiana
Whatever you do please know, Tenderfoot, that no one (on threat of an ECF beatdown) would be so ungracious as to be 'mad' at you.
It is your contest.
Your work.

The fact that you care enough to make something lovely and useful and share it with us at ECF is such a gift itself...

Thank you for all your work and effort.
Thank you for filling a need (that many of us didn't even know we had!) with the creativity of your hands.

:2c:

ghost62

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2012
Marion, Ohio
Don-
It's admirable that you have such a strong commitment to being fair, a trait that keeps getting harder and harder to find these days. IMHO, the bottom line is that it's your work, your contest and your rules. Don't sweat it too much, ok? Even with the best of intentions you won't be able to make EVERYONE happy, so make the choice that makes YOU happy. It's obvious that a lot of care goes into making these and they need a name that works for you.
The number of responses to this contest show how much others appreciate your work so enjoy it. You've set a good tone as a supplier and I can only hope that all the interest translates into sales for you.
Have a great day
Terry

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I couldn't agree or have said it any better than what has already been said to you about YOUR Work/Product, the Contest, the difficulty of picking a "Winner" while trying to be fair to everyone, and finally - Your Choice of a "WINNER" . . .

SO NOW - DID I "WIN" with "My" Suggestion of "Filling-in The Blank" . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Only trying to bring a lttle more levity here to ease your choice - hope you & wifey are laughing ;) )

Reddhott

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
cartoon land,usa
i think you should name it what you feel best suits you style. if the entries dont fit dont use them.
we all understand. its your work when its all said and done and should be named something to reflect that.
you can always just do a random draw when its all said and done just for everyones contribution:)
regardless i thank you sooo much for giving us the opportunity to even be able to own one at such a great price!

TENDERFOOT91

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2012
USA
It might end up a random draw, she is tossing around a few, and I will owe one or two she says when I get ready to pass along another free one, but she said they cover the shipping :). One came tome this morning :) I'll run it by you.
Tenderfoot's Hand Made Organiser or Tenderfoot's H M O ? Even Hand Made Stand ?
But my wife is thinking on it she worked 3rd shift :(

TENDERFOOT91

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2012
USA
I'll give her 1/2 hour after that it will be random, then I will just come up with something. It might be close to one suggested but not exactly. So many I liked are close it depends how you read them. I just want a fair outcome. I just hope whoever wins would do a review or send me a pic. It is not required of course, but I would appreciate it :).

TENDERFOOT91

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2012
USA
No problem... :) Take as long as you need!!

Along the same line of thinking... how about Tenderfoot's SRO... Standing Room Only... ;) LOL!!
Now that the contest entry is over I can hit a like button. It's been killing me LOL. I really like that, I wish it would have counted, can I use it maybe ???
The boss hasent seen it yet :)

MissEmma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
West Virginia
Well, I missed the contest, but I LOVE these. and I want one!!! It would be a nice addition to have the holder atop a box of the same wood to keep chargers, juices etc. Just a thought. I might have seen something like that somewhere.
I'm now going back to the beginning to send an e-mail to get in line for one of these PV safe keepers.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Now that the contest entry is over I can hit a like button. It's been killing me LOL. I really like that, I wish it would have counted, can I use it maybe ???
The boss hasent seen it yet :)

I would be very flattered if you wanted to use it... :wub: Just keep me in mind if you ever have anything you want to get rid of... LOL!!

TENDERFOOT91

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2012
USA
I got the number 30 from a random number generator i haven't looked back to see if it's a suggestion or just a post yet or by who. I bet everyone does now. Ready set ........ GO :). one number to each name , their first post is their number the next one they did gets passed to the next new poster. I know what I'm trying to say anyway.
Good luck everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread