The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA Terk troubleshooting

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Moonlitwish, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Moonlitwish

Moonlitwish Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2015
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    I bought the Rig V3 with Terk RDA today and I'm loving the mod with my Subtank Mini. However I would like to also love the Terk. I have only tiny wisps of vapor. No mouth feel whatsoever. It's flavored air. I wrapped the single coil to .5 ohms like I use on the STM using 28g kanthal. Plenty of cotton, plenty of juice obviously because it tastes great. I don't know what's causing the problem. Is it the unrestricted air flow? Any suggestions on how to fix this would be much appreciated!

2. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I don't have that RDA, but seeing photos, looks like it's made for dual coil only, 24mm, no AFC, wide open air.
    Basically a cloud chucker that would need a low ohm dual coil build, and proper batteries to handle it.
    If the Rig V3 is a hybrid mod, I wouldn't be using a STM on it, since it has a "floating" pin.
    Hopefully someone will be along soon that has that setup.
    Edit:
    OK looks like it's not a hybrid style:

Stay safe....

3. Moonlitwish

Moonlitwish Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2015
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    Thanks. I was thinking along the lines that I just needed more surface area on the coil. I never do dual coil builds on the STM because it's just too tiny. I tried once and it took an hour to get the blasted things in there. This deck is so open I don't mind having to do two but I didn't want to take it apart if that wasn't the issue. I'll give it a try. What's $.03 in wire and cotton for a great vape?
    And no, it's not a hybrid. I was very specific when I went in that he only show me what I could use with the subtank. I like all my parts to be interchangeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Don29palms

Don29palms Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    That is a cloud chaser type RDA. It will be too airy for a single coil build. Try using some fused claptons in it. And no I don't have that RDA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.