Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
There's a giant thread here... I made it about 35 pages in before I started falling asleep and not finding the answers I was looking for. Figured that I would see if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction.

So, I've got a Terminator-C. Two problems:
First, wrapped up a coil with 3mm silica that I use on Penelope aaaand....way too big. Even if I jammed it in, I had to cut a bunch off, and then it didn't wick hardly at all. So, do I need 2mm or 1.5mm? Or is there a safeish way to trim back the ceramic to make the channels wider?

Second: I can't get the ceramic out. It's almost like it's glued in there. Push, pry...Doesn't even budge. Is this a common problem? Was my ceramic fit too tightly? Or did they maybe actually glue it in?

Thanks for taking the time folks. Have a nice day!
-X

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
One option that you could try is to take a few strands out of the 3mm wick. I did the same thing for my Penny when using 3.5mm silica, and it definitely helped with wicking and flavor. I'm currently using 3mm organic cotton wicks from HDV on my Penny, and I just set up a Term-C with it. I do double up at the coil. The flavor for me is much better with the cotton wicks, and it easily fits within the channels of the Term-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread