Tesla WYE 85W (Teslacigs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
A Wye 85W landed on my doorstep yesterday. Must say I like it a lot. It's just slightly bigger than a Colossal and despite the plastic materials it doesn't feel at all cheap. It's actually a pretty rugged build and works great in Power mode. Like the OP I'm liking it more than the Pico. Battery life probably not as good as the Colossal, maybe the same as the Pico.

The exterior has a kind of soft touch rubbery feel which is kinda hard to stop just caressing it. Feels great.
All true, now I only use my Pico to preserve the WYE, when I go to the beach for example. Except the TC mode is a bit weird, the displayed temperature is far off from the actual value, but once you’ve found your desired temperature, it works. (Using the TCR function didn’t make it much better)

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Mine does a weird thing. When screwing on a tank it asks if it is an old or new resistance and ya have to reset it by pressing a button...new/up or same/down. Weird but I got used to it quick. I'm still caressing it though. It's like a fetish.
That’s not weird, it’s supposed to do that. It asks you if that’s a new/different resistance, and depending if you click plus or minus it will change the resistance setting or not. For example after a simple refill, I always click minus (no).

Reactions: stols001

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
That’s not weird, it’s supposed to do that. It asks you if that’s a new/different resistance, and depending if you click plus or minus it will change the resistance setting or not. For example after a simple refill, I always click minus (no).

Weird as in I haven't seen it before on any other mod.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Arctic Fox does it too (I run it on my Pico), although not every time (I haven’t found out yet why), so I was used to it.

My Wye didn't do it once. Here's what I suspect is the reason.

Unscrew the tank then screw it back down. New-1.2 Ohm/Same-1.21 Ohm. The device has read the same tank different so the above reading happens. If ya do it again and the device read New-1.2 Ohm/Same 1.2 Ohm it wouldn't show the message because it doesn't need to.

I might be wrong of course but it makes sense to me.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
My Wye didn't do it once. Here's what I suspect is the reason.

Unscrew the tank then screw it back down. New-1.2 Ohm/Same-1.21 Ohm. The device has read the same tank different so the above reading happens. If ya do it again and the device read New-1.2 Ohm/Same 1.2 Ohm it wouldn't show the message because it doesn't need to.

I might be wrong of course but it makes sense to me.
I don’t even have to try, I remember that a couple of hours ago I refilled it and didn’t have to confirm the resistance value. So you’re probably right, if it doesn’t change at all, the WYE doesn’t ask.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
8A0DEBFB-BDD4-4157-B142-9CF397FA8456.jpeg
Yeah I now have two in black. Couldn't find a funky colour and I quite fancied the green.
I have the green one, it’s nice! But my favorite color has always been yellow, and with the black battery lid and my black Berserker RTA, it looks really cool:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
To me the Wye never took off because it looks like it was designed and manufactured by kindergarteners. I mean, the plain colored one is not quite as bad... quite. I'm entirely sure it gives great vape, and I guess it is cool that like Teslacigs offers a WIDE variety of styles and etc. and I really LOVE their board.

I think the Minikin 3 is the next thing to get discontinued. I have YET to see it anywhere being offered at FULL price. I only own one because I was on the phone driving, and like, trying to fix n order and they were out of stock on the Minikin 2 and I allowed them to substitute it sight unseen.

I will say it gives a GREAT vape, maybe even BETTER than the Miniken 2 but no one will buy it because it looks like some sort of weird asteroid chunk. It also has great handfeel.

So I am glad I have one and will buy more once the price gets down to like 20 bucks (shortly) but yeah I just kind of assumed, "It's an AsmOdus it's not going to look BAD.'

My feelings upon opening it were "What the holy (censored) is THIS?"

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Tabac man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread