Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
Is there a way to test the round stick-like batteries (Is there a proper name for them?) for charge level, amps, etc? Is a special meter needed? What’s the bestway to test them?

Using a multimeter. I use a Fluke digital myself. A quick google search will get you YouTube result on how to use the meter.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
I have a multimeter.
On the battery connection, I’m thinking the outer circumference is the negative pole
and the
“post” on the inside is positive.
Looks like it’ll be easier as a two person job.
One to hold the battery & push the button; the other to put the multimeter probes in place.

Here you go.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
It is easier with two people I'm sure, but I've done it myself with my hands only. Hold positive probe in left hand thumb and pointing finger, battery in same hand between palm and small and ring finger. Negative probe in right hand on outer threads and hit button with side of right thumb.

If your hands end up like a pretzel, you did it wrong :lol:

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Batteries should be tested under a load. Connecting a multimeter across the terminals will tell you the "static" voltage, but will not give you a true measure of the condition of the battery. By placing a resistor across the terminals - during the test period , and measuring the voltage drop across that resistance will give you a much better view of the battery's condition. Then resistance chosen should be near the anticipated battery load.

battery-capacity-tester-circuit-diagram.gif (456×337) - Google Chrome 2014-01-27 07.14.39.png

Last edited:

EpipeforRico

Jan 3, 2014
Hudson, NH
... By placing a resistor across the terminals - during the test period , and measuring the voltage drop across that resistance will give you a much better view of the battery's condition. Then resistance chosen should be near the anticipated battery load.

:?: And how do you do that with EVOD or eGo -type batterries?
I would think you would need some type of doohicky to screw onto the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread