The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Testing Coils with Multimeter

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by heroinesick, Mar 28, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. heroinesick

heroinesick Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2013
    Louisville, KY
    Hey folks, I have a quick question. So I'm seriously thinking about just rebuilding the coils on my vivi novas myself, since it seems a whole lot cheaper than buying the pre-made heads.

I'm fine with almost all of the steps on rebuilding my heads, however, I can't seem to find a video or a walkthrough on how to actually use the multimeter to test the coils. If someone knows of a video or a walkthrough ( pref. with pictures. ) I'd super appreciate it!

2. supertrunker

supertrunker Living sarcasm Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Texas
    For a Nova i find this the easiest: set the meter to read Ohms at the lowest setting - a lot of meters have that at 200 on the dial, select that. Touch one probe to the outside of the threads on the nova tank and the other to the center pin in the middle of the threads. Note the reading.

If your meter does not self zero - and a lot don't - touch the probes together and note this reading. Subtract it from the one you got above.

T

3. LucentShadow

LucentShadow Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Michigan, USA
  4. wfo_ak

wfo_ak Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2011
    Alaska
    Worth a mention, at least on my setup I can't check ohms while the atomizer is on the mod. Has to be taken off to get an accurate reading if you go with checking ohms at the head.

5. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Assorted PV Topics - Tanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.