Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookie1

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Lancaster, CA
www.avejuice.com
Note: The opt-in is now closed! A huge thank-you to all who helped provide feedback on these new flavors! 8/2/2016

Howdy!

We have three new flavors in the works and we are fishing for some customer feedback before we post them up! Currently, we are sending out test-sample packs to some of our customers along with their orders, but we know folks often ask us for chances to directly opt-in for beta-testing our new flavors, so we figured we would give you folks a shot at trying them out and sharing your thoughts with us as well!

Generally speaking, we would like to get your opinions on whether you like or dislike the flavors, if you would purchase them, and if so, how often would you see yourself vaping each juice. Other comments, critiques, and thoughts are very much appreciated as well.

While we don't want to spoil or create much bias by describing these flavors yet, thus keeping them open to interpretation, we feel it would be a good idea to give you some warning about one of the beta flavors, Captain's Ash. Our goal with this flavor was to get something akin to a lit cigarette and while it may be appealing to newer vapers just making the transition from analogues, veteran vapers may find it to be a bit “much”. It may also be appealing to those who occasionally miss the "old taste" for some reason.

The other two flavors, Old Dominion and Nevulous, are both tobacco blends that we have high hopes for and have been enjoying them quite a bit in-house.

To opt in for beta testing, please send a PM to Wookie1 or shoot us an e-mail at AVEJuiceCS@Gmail.com asking for a chance to try out the new flavors along with a valid delivery address and any questions you may have. If you do decide to try out the new flavors, we absolutely need feedback, rather sooner than later. If you opt in for beta testing and you do not give us feedback, we will likely not send out juice to you in future rounds.

This is probably redundant, but if you are requesting to be a tester you will need to be of legal age to vape in your state.

Thank you all for your continued support. We look forward to sending out many samples and getting some quality feedback!

Last edited:

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Update: I expect to receive samples today and will immediately start dripping one of them. I plan to spend at least a full day with each of them right out of the mailbox and then will do the same thing in two or three weeks, because I know this changed Flavor 39 for me.

I'll report back after the initial vaping and then again after the few week steep.

Really looking forward to trying them out.

Thank you, Wookies.

msgnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
I recieved my order today which also included the 3 new test flavors. I am assuming that Old Virginia was renamed to Old Dominion because that is what my label says.

For now all I've tried was Captain's Ash. Straight out of the box I cracked the bottle n took a wiff, that smell... So familiar, but I just couldnt place it. Dripped some into a freshly wicked notch coil on my egrip 2 and once again, where do i know this from? After a while of not being able to figure it out my girl came home. I took a hit from her mod and it hit me.

This very much reminds me of the apple/peach cobbler desserts that were part the tv dinners I ate when growing up. You know? The only real good part of the meal. :p

While to my taste buds atleast I dont really get a lit cigerette taste, you sure kicked the inner kid in me right in the pants while shoutin HEY!. I really want to finish it off but I know I shouldn't. I need to see how it opens up after a nice steep. As it stands now, I would love to get my hands on a larger bottle with slightly higher nic lvl. :D

(edit: it does have a bit of a slightly sweet cigerette taste to it as my wick begins to dry out a bit and I continue to hit it with temp control. Maybe Ill have to try it with a different build. Went with the sub ohm over a higher ohm build with a tighter draw due to the lower 3mg nic lvl)

Last edited:

msgnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
i think my taste buds are wonky today... I'm getting a similar flavor with the Old Dominion as i did with Captain's Ash just with slightly more subdued flavor and with more of a throat hit.

Ok, same thing with Nevulous... For some reason they all have a similar flavor just of varying intensity and maybe varying abit in throat hit. Am I losing my mind here? Are my taste buds shot again? Wouldnt be the first time.. Were all my bottles accidentily filled with the same flavor? lol Whats everyone elses thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: nostradadus

Wookie1

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Lancaster, CA
www.avejuice.com
I just sent you a email... I forgot to ask, do they need steeping or are they ok to test right away?
I believe we talked about steeping over a PM, but I figured it would be best to post here where everyone could see: The flavors are not steeped and should be okay to try as they arrive, but some folks swear by letting some of our flavors sit for a week, so if you're used to steeping, we would love to hear thoughts on how they taste initially vs. how they taste after a little bit of steeping.

On another note, keep the feedback coming in! So far we have gotten a good chunk of information, but we could always use more!

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
It seems you guys are brainwashing me because I could have sworn there was a difference in taste, but the more I taste them it seems that they are quite the same, I think I need more samples because the 6 ml are not gonna last, one thing is for sure, mine seem to be a very heavy 3mg nic, I usually vape 3mg, and these seem very stong. also I get that familar base taste that I know and love. Thinking about it it seems to be oily if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: nostradadus

msgnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
im thinking it may be their base im tasting which is why they all are so similar. I think the individual flavors may come out more after steeping. It was hard to do, but im put them aside to allow them to do just that.

I agree, they are a tad nic heavy for a 3mg. Not complaining at all. Just seems a tiny bit stronger then majority of my other 3mg liquids which im fine with since I recently fell off and started smoking again. Ive Raised my nic level back up to 6-12 from 3-6. Also carry a JUUL in my front pocket to work for those stressfull moments... Sofar so good the past 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Ok, I just recoiled my Limitless plus, with 24/34 S.S. Claptons 7 spaced wraps, at .20 I loaded up the tester of Nevoulous,running on a RX200, I am tasting the boba base with a slight taste of the C-D, without the raison, Gram, Chocolate notes of the OG Boba, I don't wan't to try to compare this to Boba's but there is a resmblance as far as I remember the OG base tasting like. I only have 18mg Boba's left from when I dropped from 18mg to 12, than to 6, right now this 3mg is giving me a Nic rush that is wicked. so I don't think I would even try to vape the 18mg Boba's in this set up. I do taste a bit of peanut or hazelnut on the inhale than comes the CD taste followed by their base. I could not wait these out, but Nevulous is somthing I could see my self purchasing in a bigger bottle and giving it some time to steep out a bit, as I did with CD when I needed a change of pace. If I had to say, This has a few of the same flavors of C-D. and is probley closer to that. after this tank is finished I will re-wick and Try the other 2 and see if they are still similar. I think that just doing a few drips in the sapor without a new wick each time the flavors melded togeter to much to notice their individal nuances.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
I'll be writing something up this weekend for Benjamin.

nyc, youyou're not losing your mind. They are all similar(ish) to me also. More to come.
Yeah, the weekend got away from me. I'll get a review going this week. The juices are all tasty, I can tell you that!

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
For some reason they all have a similar flavor just of varying intensity and maybe varying abit in throat hit. Am I losing my mind here?

nyc, youyou're not losing your mind. They are all similar(ish) to me also. More to come.

Agreed.... all 3 carry a similar base flavor. The first thing I thought of was the base flavor for Gryphons Breath, but a much lighter version. I haven't broken out my reserve bottle of Gryphons Breath yet to do a comparison, but, having vaped it for a very long time in the past, I know that flavor well!

Guess I need to set up 4 different drippers at once and have a go?

All three are quite vapable, but the variation in the base flavor for all three juices is not that pronounced. To me, the Old Dominion seems to be the punchiest of the three flavors.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I finished off the other two, Captians ash and Old Dominian, Captians Ash is most likely the closest I have tried that replicates a cig, borderline nonfilter/Cigar. At the top of the Tank it seemed like a Stronger Old Dominian, as I vaped through it, seemed to build up taste middle being notes of a Pall mall, ending with a note of lite cigar, as for the Old Dominian, that was the middle of the road of the three. Not as much of the vinagar note of the nevulous that made me think of C-D, but more of a Flu-cured note. If I was looking for a cigarette replacement I think Captians Ash would do quite well. It seems that if they use T.A. it is the same or close in all, as is the base, they definitly are all very alike, but slightly different. At first it was a little hard to pick out the differences but as I spent more time with them I could tell them apart. I would like to hear others response as we all know taste is subjective. And I might add that I had to give My last 70ml of the original Boba a go. and it kicked my .... at 12mg. Times have changed in gear advancement thats for sure!

Last edited:

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Not what I was expecting but that might be cool, for me Ave is pretty much straitforward tobacco, there other offerings are worth it but their tobaccos are were its at for me at least.
Ive been lucky enough to taste several of their new flavors. This is a good update to their lineup and can't wait to see what the rest of you guys/gals think.

Only thing I would like to see more of is a nice bakery lineup with an AVE twist.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
What device are you all using to test the flavors?

Typically, I vape most tobacco mixes on a dripper or tank somewhere around .5 ohms at under 30 watts. But, for the purpose of testing the new flavors, I decided to go a different route. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that most folks vape on coils above .5 ohm. Thus, I used a single contact coil set up, 1.5 ohm build and vaping around 10 to 14 watts, +/- 4.2 volts.

It's been a while since I vaped at this level, but I found all three mixes to be very clear, straightforward and flavorful. I'm still dissecting the flavor profiles on each mix, but vaping these mixes at the "Toodle Puffer" level lets me know they'll be popular among that crowd as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: jifjifjif
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread