Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    BTW: I posted a link to the SS coils because I wasn't sure what kind of coils you wanted and you mentioned 0.15 ohm above. If you want under 0.4ohm resistance on regular round wire from FT you have to get SS316 coils as far as I can see.

But you can buy whatever you like. They have many Sea Wolf coils for sale of different types and resistance. Just use the drop down menu on that listing to select a different pack of coils to buy. I can't tell you the quality of the specialty coils like claptons and such but I like the regular coils that I've bought.

• Useful
    Reactions: Letitia

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    @HarpoM these coils are ss mesh and are tc compatible and also with your tank I believe. Available in the US and you can use these while you wait for the ft rda order.
    SMOK TFV8 Baby Mesh Replacement Coil Pack of 5 | Vapor Range Retail

The above say "out of stock". I'm not familiar with Smok coils, but if these are the same, eightvape has them on sale today for $7.81 but shipping is $8.95 + taxes so more than one pack would be best to buy.

TFV8 Baby Coils (5pcs) - Smok

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    At those prices, I'd get 2 of each. Or upgrade to the YFTK version. :)

This one? YFTK Hadaly Styled RDA

Just realize that when Fasttech listings say 'Ships in X Days" good luck. Could take 10-15 days to ship anymore regardless of how many days it shows, or they might even cancel it. Been having that problem for 3 months now.

• Agree
    Reactions: smacuser

Molchi

ECF Veteran
    Dec 28, 2017
    Germany

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Hi everyone.
    I'm now starting to do my own DIY mixes. I'm using sub ohm prebuilt coils for my tank. The problem I seem to be having is that when I'm testing new mixes, and those mixes turn out to be bad, I end up wasting a coil in the process.
    Is there a technique you use to save my coil usage, while still being able to test out new mixes? Knowing about the USPS mail ban coming soon, I want to use my coils sparingly.

Darren
    Even if the end desired use is a sub ohm coil I still would get a simple single coil dripper You can get them for really cheap with a small chamber And test on that otherwise you're going to be spending a mint on those coils you can't really get them back and even if he's here in some and let them dry completely they could alter the taste a little bit So you would have to wait for quite a while to get that freshly washed taste out I know because I clean commercial coil sometimes

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Another option would be a cheap citadelclone like this one
    Then again, heed @UncleJunkle advice regarding FT ship times of items in stock vs days out. I've ordered items marked 5-7 business days that never materialized. Get both, and have them shipped separately.

If you never ordered from FT, expect a wait of at least 2-3 weeks (if not a month).

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: Letitia

HarpoM

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2013
    oak view california
    Hadaly RDA $6.05

Prewound 0.32ohm SS Coils $3.47

Ordering from china, delivery takes a while and with Chinese New Year coming soon it may take a couple weeks longer than normal for delivery. You might be looking at as much as 6-8 weeks for delivery.

If you never bought from Fasttech before, you can create and account and then send them a support ticket message to get a new customer discount code using the following link

FastTech general support ticket link
    Thanks again for all the information. I just have one final question about safety. I purchased the prebuilt coils you recommended from fasttech. They are 24AWG 316L SS coils. My mod has TC, and my batteries are Samsung 21700-40T running at 3.19V
    Would there be a way to determine what wattage I can safely use on my Mod, or since I have a TC mod, it really doesn't matter?
    Again, thanks so much everyone for all your help.

Darren

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thanks again for all the information. I just have one final question about safety. I purchased the prebuilt coils you recommended from fasttech. They are 24AWG 316L SS coils. My mod has TC, and my batteries are Samsung 21700-40T running at 3.19V
    Would there be a way to determine what wattage I can safely use on my Mod, or since I have a TC mod, it really doesn't matter?
    Again, thanks so much everyone for all your help.

Darren

I don't feel qualified to answer that question, but this guy is...

• Informative
    Reactions: Diver9543

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I would grab some RDA's and prebuilt coils (if you don't want to wrap you own) and call it a day.

RDA's are very easy to coil and wick. Some RTA's can be "fussy" with wicking.
    I think most of us agree on this. Make sure it's single coil for juice testing... re-wicking dual coils is too much trouble. Doesn't have to be expensive. After you try flavors/recipes in the RDA, then try the ones you like in your regular tank (and do the "flush" with unflavored between flavors... don't need to vape a whole tank for that, just enough to cover the wick holes) Start with milder flavors, then more intense flavors. For example, if you start with something chai tea, you will never get rid of that taste. So save anything like chocolate/coffee for last. DIY is hard at first but so much fun.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    The first time you build (before you put wick in) do a quick "dry burn"... it cleans residue off the coil and also gives you basic idea how many watts will be good to use (short pulses at less watts that you expect to use... just enough to see the coil glow orange... don't push it hard) Don't forget to let it cool before wicking. Also, once wicked, drip juice on everything before trying it (obvious but worth mentioning)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread