TFV12 tank lid lock problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppelingirl

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2016
I'm wondering if I received a flawed tank on my smok stick prince? The lid/top has a lock button that needs to be pushed to open where you can fill it. Normally a button needs to be pushed flush with the lid/casing/top to open. With my TFV12 lid I have to push the button further into the the lid casing to get it open which is very hard since the button is small. Does anyone else have this problem with this particular tank?

Reactions: stols001

Coils&clouds

Apr 1, 2018
Sacramento CA
I'm wondering if I received a flawed tank on my SMOK stick prince? The lid/top has a lock button that needs to be pushed to open where you can fill it. Normally a button needs to be pushed flush with the lid/casing/top to open. With my TFV12 lid I have to push the button further into the the lid casing to get it open which is very hard since the button is small. Does anyone else have this problem with this particular tank?
I actually have the opposite problem with mine ! Lol since the day I got it I’ve been able to swing it open without even pushing the button in wich kinda sucks cuz it opens in my pocket and loses vacuum allowing the juice to siphon out of the air holes I’ll lose half a tank sometimes so I think your kinda lucky that yours locks well ! Hell you wanna trade hehehe but regardless the tank is pretty nice however I enjoy my big baby more than my prince. The big baby with rba head fits the prince bubble tank perfect but with such a smaller chimney and air flow slots it puts off 5 X the flavor the prince does all though the prince tank does deliver a little more of a cloud ☁️ lol and this was with the same coils same watts same juice/wicks and same mod, just something to think about. Here they are together you see the difference ??? It’s crazy that Such a small difference can change so much performance wise anyway vape on fam !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    792.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Agree

Zeppelingirl

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2016
I actually have the opposite problem with mine ! Lol since the day I got it I’ve been able to swing it open without even pushing the button in wich kinda sucks cuz it opens in my pocket and loses vacuum allowing the juice to siphon out of the air holes I’ll lose half a tank sometimes so I think your kinda lucky that yours locks well ! Hell you wanna trade hehehe but regardless the tank is pretty nice however I enjoy my big baby more than my prince. The big baby with rba head fits the prince bubble tank perfect but with such a smaller chimney and air flow slots it puts off 5 X the flavor the prince does all though the prince tank does deliver a little more of a cloud ☁️ lol and this was with the same coils same watts same juice/wicks and same mod, just something to think about. Here they are together you see the difference ??? It’s crazy that Such a small difference can change so much performance wise anyway vape on fam !!!
Although I'm really glad my doesn't open on it's own, I've been having to use my alligator clip to push in the button and the dang thing slips off and scrathes the metal. Ive actually wanted to throw it across the room it's so aggravating...lol..Ok now, you put the what with the what? The big baby with rba head? Is rba a build your own? I'd much rather have flavor than coud but I could never build my own...And you kept the bubble glass? Not sure I uderstand.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, if it's annoying you that much, it sounds to me like you should attempt to warranty it. I don't have the tank, but I did have a tank where a somewhat similar system (hinged top) started out sort of loose. The problem actually corrected itself over time (the Ares) and I have no idea why but yes, mine was sort of sliding out of place from time to time. I don't believe I would have warrantied it, but if it hadn't improved I certainly wouldn't have bought a second Ares (which I did, the second one had no issues).

It may be a "small" matter, but it's not so "small' if it's preventing you from using the tank, so I would encourage you to warranty it. These things-- sometimes the slightest problem can just cause usability to plunge, so I would say, yes, warranty it. You have nothing to lose, especially if you like the tank otherwise.

Best of luck I hope you get it sorted out.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: RumbleFish

Coils&clouds

Apr 1, 2018
Sacramento CA
Although I'm really glad my doesn't open on it's own, I've been having to use my alligator clip to push in the button and the dang thing slips off and scrathes the metal. Ive actually wanted to throw it across the room it's so aggravating...lol..Ok now, you put the what with the what? The big baby with rba head? Is rba a build your own? I'd much rather have flavor than coud but I could never build my own...And you kept the bubble glass? Not sure I uderstand.
Hahaha sorry if that was too much for you had your head spinning huh lol my bad if your not interested in coil building than never mind it’s just so much cheaper and vapes so much better I’d say maybe watch A couple YouTube videos of basic beginner coil build it’s not very hard you could do it it’s just takes a little bit of patience but it saves so much money in the long run and give you that Vape you always wanted every single puff unlike the coil heads. Anyway vape on Zeppelingirl !!!!!!!!!

Zeppelingirl

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2016
Well, if it's annoying you that much, it sounds to me like you should attempt to warranty it. I don't have the tank, but I did have a tank where a somewhat similar system (hinged top) started out sort of loose. The problem actually corrected itself over time (the Ares) and I have no idea why but yes, mine was sort of sliding out of place from time to time. I don't believe I would have warrantied it, but if it hadn't improved I certainly wouldn't have bought a second Ares (which I did, the second one had no issues).

It may be a "small" matter, but it's not so "small' if it's preventing you from using the tank, so I would encourage you to warranty it. These things-- sometimes the slightest problem can just cause usability to plunge, so I would say, yes, warranty it. You have nothing to lose, especially if you like the tank otherwise.

Best of luck I hope you get it sorted out.

Anna
This sounds like a really good answer except I'm not sure how to go about warranting it. And I'm learning to use the side of my thumb nail to push the button in all the way while my other hand slides the top open. I'm getting it. Slowly. I've read many posts about this same tank and I haven;t seen anyone complain about the same thing so I believe I either got a tank that's just stubborn or I have a wimpy thumb. Thanks so much for the great answer.

Zeppelingirl

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2016
Hahaha sorry if that was too much for you had your head spinning huh lol my bad if your not interested in coil building than never mind it’s just so much cheaper and vapes so much better I’d say maybe watch A couple YouTube videos of basic beginner coil build it’s not very hard you could do it it’s just takes a little bit of patience but it saves so much money in the long run and give you that Vape you always wanted every single puff unlike the coil heads. Anyway vape on Zeppelingirl !!!!!!!!!
I'll def consider building my own. My son does it so I'll talk to him. Thank you again!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You would contact the vendor who sold it to you. If it's out of warranty with the vendor, I think smok has a 90 day warranty, but don't quote me on that. I think smok does, though. And, they've certainly handled their shares of the return. But, I'd start with the vendor. I like my vapes to not have to be "modified" by some action (extra) I have to take to vape them successfully.

Good luck if you do try to warranty it. A rebuildable is a great option to move forward to though, for sure, if that's what you wind up deciding to do. You could do both. :)

Anna

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
If its a new tank, it could just be kinda stiff and may loosen up a bit with use. Ive had mine a couple 2 or 3 months now and its a little easier to open than when i first got it. And like someone esle said, be glad it doesnt open too easily, like in a pocket or purse. Thats a mess nobody likes to clean up, lol. I had the big baby beast tank and in my pocket once. The fill top opened slightly and i didnt catch it before i vaped on it. The driptip got positioned directly over the fill hole. When i hit it, and a good hard hit at that, i basically sucked about a quarter of the juice into my mouth, and windpipe. Very unpleasant. Its my considered opinion that juice tastes way better in vapor form than in liquid form.

Coils&clouds

Apr 1, 2018
Sacramento CA
If its a new tank, it could just be kinda stiff and may loosen up a bit with use. Ive had mine a couple 2 or 3 months now and its a little easier to open than when i first got it. And like someone esle said, be glad it doesnt open too easily, like in a pocket or purse. Thats a mess nobody likes to clean up, lol. I had the big baby beast tank and in my pocket once. The fill top opened slightly and i didnt catch it before i vaped on it. The driptip got positioned directly over the fill hole. When i hit it, and a good hard hit at that, i basically sucked about a quarter of the juice into my mouth, and windpipe. Very unpleasant. Its my considered opinion that juice tastes way better in vapor form than in liquid form.
Dam yo that sucks ... inhaling è juice I’m sorry to hear about such unpleasantness my friend. Glad your still vaping tho haha vape on ✌

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread