The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tfv4 octuple coils

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers' started by Jsr1981, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jsr1981

Jsr1981 Full Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Hello! I hope it's ok to post this question here but has anyone tried the octuple fused clapton coils yet? I bought some and was just wondering how well they perform. It's gotta have better flavor than the dual clapton or quad coil set up right?

2. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    I've not tried them, but there has to a be factor of diminishing marginal returns here.
    I favor simple coils, like my Quattuorvigintuple staged twisted tidal wave salty sea-dog juggernaut Hendrix in a bucket of VG powered by a dual three-phase and an industrial leaf-blower. 24 coils and 830 volts just about does the trick.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. Jsr1981

Jsr1981 Full Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Do what!!! Lol explain that in a way I can understand dude!

• Like Like x 1
  4. greasegizzard

greasegizzard Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2015
    Arkansas
    Sarcasm.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jsr1981

Jsr1981 Full Member

Jan 19, 2016
    I'm not being sarcastic! Really!

• Like Like x 1
  6. greasegizzard

Dec 29, 2015
    Arkansas
    Not you. The post above yours. I believe he was saying he prefers simple coils. I haven't tried the octuple coils, but I have heard good things from those who have. Takes some high watts to wake them up, I've heard.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jsr1981

Jsr1981 Full Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Ok it's all good! I just thought you were referring to my post!lol. You think 150 watts is enough to make it sing? I got high hopes on it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. greasegizzard

Dec 29, 2015
    Arkansas
    I don't know what they're rated for. I'd check YouTube for some reviews and see what people are running them at.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jsr1981

Jsr1981 Full Member

Jan 19, 2016
    I've checked but I only found 1 video but didn't say what wattage he was using. They are rated for 60-180 watts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sidsgothem

Sidsgothem Senior Member

Mar 5, 2016
    great way to help someone whose clearly brand new...

OP

they're good go the premade route and learn about coils and builds ect...then try or worry about builds

• Like Like x 1
  11. LilWhiteClouder

LilWhiteClouder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    That was actually pretty funny sarcasm as SMOK keeps producing these crazy a** replacement coil heads. And is only what the OP was only referring to. @Jsr1981 If you haven't already found your sweet spot on those coils, work your way up from 60watts until you enjoy and are satisfied with cloud production. At some point it will be too hot for you and you'll know your limit. @.16 you can take it pretty high though. They say the sweet spot is between 100 and 140, but it is really up to you;)
    TFT8.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sidsgothem

Sidsgothem Senior Member

Mar 5, 2016
    BTW OP if you're anything like me (chain vapor and loves big clouds) the premade coils life span atleast in my experience haven't lasted more than a week each...so learning about the RBA and building coils or even buying the coils set up for the rba may be a better option... i'm rather busy so i don't have time nor want to build a set of claptons or alien claps...etc...but the premades are amazing none the less best i've ever messed with for premades.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LadyTMG_1

LadyTMG_1 Full Member

Apr 8, 2016
    off subject but how are you guys likeing the tvf4?i heard it burns threw juice like no tomorrow.any leaks?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sidsgothem

Sidsgothem Senior Member

Mar 5, 2016
    it's the best tank on the market imo...it does eat juice but you can mess with RBA which has huge juices wells to ensure quality and not as much juice consumption compared to premades. in terms of cloud producing i haven't had a tank that does a better job...the RBA deck is prob the most versatile deck with massive juice wells..

no leaking unless you drop into the air hole or overfill thats the only time i would get a leak....but that happens with any tank.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LilWhiteClouder

LilWhiteClouder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    It's definitely a great tank. And yes, it will burn through alotta juice quickly. With the coil options available its hard not to find the right vape with it. I have two, one I bought myself and one that I won here in a contest. Only leaking issue I have had is most likely becasue I let 1 sit for quite a while with the rba coil head. The other sat wrapped in a box full of juice, with a pre-made coil head, and it did not leak the entire time.
    I really need to pull these bad boys out and get them up and running again. I keep buying sub-ohm rta tank after sub-ohm rta tank, spend a couple weeks on each, then box it for later use. Its almost the true definition of insanity:p I repeat the same action over and over expecting a different outcome. If the coils are built right, the vape is going to end up the same (satisfying) no matter which tank I am using. Flavor, clouds and juice consumption only vary slightly for me (JMHO).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Paul lamb

Paul lamb Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2015
    Newcastle, UK
    I've not tried them I always thought the tri coils were pretty much spot on

Once you start throwing 180w at a coil I see it being less enjoyable

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sidsgothem

Sidsgothem Senior Member

Mar 5, 2016
    i just bought their claptons...i have to say...the flavor is immense...and it doesn't drink the juice like the other tanks..i'm pretty damn pleased....i'm prob going to buy another tank for flavor chasing....but for now this coil has my + i personally suggest trying their clapton premade build.

• Like Like x 1
  18. StonyArtichoke

StonyArtichoke Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2015
    Urinetown
    This is just so great.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.