TH question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

junkfixr

Jun 18, 2014
Eastern Shore Virginia
I've been tobacco free for 2 weeks now & enjoying my evod starter kit. Seems like a good dependable kit for a beginner (1.8 ohm.) I'm not a " fruity" menthol, bubble gum kinda guy and really love the "el kamino" good life vapor.

I've got th18mg juice and it makes good vapor but I find I'm missing the strong throat hit. What to do? Mix it with another juice? More PG? Try 24mg? Better mod? Not sure how to satisfy that craving. Just not getting that burn that makes me want to put it down and step away from this thing for a minute. Any advice?

a9kk

Jun 25, 2014
United Kingdom
For a better through hit you want higher VG not PG. /It may just be your set up is just not powerful enough to give you a decent throat hit. Also definitely try upping the mg if you're just starting out then bring it down when you feel like you're ready. Get something that's variable voltage & a decent tank and you'll definitely feel the difference!

junkfixr

Jun 18, 2014
Eastern Shore Virginia
Kinda what I was understanding from what I've read. I have a low ohm coil and a quality liquid that I think is 80/20. It seems pretty thick but I don't think my setup is quite warm enough to bring out the best in my juices. I'm looking at the iTaste v3 because it's small and compact and I can carry it at work all day.

Will it last through the day like my std. Evod battery? Any recommendations for a good "on the go" tank to top it with? Also looking at the MVP2 for use at home. Lots of questions but I feel like this is THE place to ask. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
For a better through hit you want higher VG not PG

Actually, it's the reverse ;-) PG allows more of the nic throat hit through, VG dampens it.

The rest of that post was accurate, though: higher nic strength should give more TH and trying out some different gear to find your optimal vape is also good advice :)

CabinetGuyScott

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit
customcabinetsbycasey.com
The mvp will go 2-3 days on a charge.

The vv 3 though, at only 800mah may be challenged to do an entire day. A lot will depend on how much you hit and use it.

Either will make you very very happy! Both of mine do :D

The variable wattage is what I really appreciate, along with the super long lasting 2600 mah batt in the MVP.

Btw, I got my MVP from Mt. Baker Vapor:
  • $60 price
  • free shipping (>$50)
  • 10% discount code: vaporfrombaker
  • $10 worth of great juice. 1 with the kit, 1 for order over $15 (specify flavor, nic & pg/vg in order comments section)
  • NOTE: save a few extra dollars and get 17.76% discount on July 2 - code "fireworks" (instead of the 10% code)
  • Net ~ $44 or less!

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I've been tobacco free for 2 weeks now & enjoying my evod starter kit. Seems like a good dependable kit for a beginner (1.8 ohm.) I'm not a " fruity" menthol, bubble gum kinda guy and really love the "el kamino" good life vapor.

I've got th18mg juice and it makes good vapor but I find I'm missing the strong throat hit. What to do? Mix it with another juice? More PG? Try 24mg? Better mod? Not sure how to satisfy that craving. Just not getting that burn that makes me want to put it down and step away from this thing for a minute. Any advice?

Get a small bottle of the juice you are vaping with 24mg nic and try it. If the vape shop you are using has the capability they may be able to add nic to your remaining 18mg juice.

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA

You want more TH....here are some things you can try.

Higher PG mixtures the higher the PG the more the nicotine the harsher TH, PG will also give better flavor and amplify the TH from the nicotine, where VG can or will lessen the TH, but is what gives you more vapor.

Dual coil tanks will give you a warmer-hot vapor and increase TH.

A device with adjustable voltage and or wattage will give you more TH.

The combination of all 3 will get you there a variable voltage vape pen or mod along with a dual coil tank and 50/50 pg/vg juice will get you there with your 18 mg strength.

WaynesWorld

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
West Central, MN
I was a 2 PAD Full Flavor Smoker, but my wife was a PAD Light Smoker both for 30+ years. We started @ 18mg 80% PG /20% VG but it was too strong (Throat Hit) for the wife, and with some juices even for me. So what we've done is gone with 12mg 65%/35% and then bought unflavored 65%/35% 24mg nicotine.

You can buy unflavored nicotine any pg/vg % and any Nicotine mg up to 36mg from Mount Baker Vapor dirt cheap. With the 12mg E-jucie & 24mg unflavored, using a 1 1/2 ml tank --- add 1 drop to get 14mg, 2 drops 15.5mg, 3 drops 16.5 mg, 4 drops 17.5mg, 5 Drops 18mg, 6 drops 19mg and so on. (can also use 36mg unflavored if you think you want to adjust higher) It's also a great way to ween down on nicotine when we lower eventually down to 6mg ... can vary up and down. This way we don't waste a lot of money on E-Juice then find out the nicotine level is to strong or too weak.

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
Hey. So your asking for a mod that will last thru out your work day. But you didn't tell us what you do for a living. Lol. I own a tile installation company. Just upgraded to a provari. And I carry an air right pack of batteries to switch out during the day. I also use the nautilus tank because it's dependable, rarely leaks, and holds 5-6 mil of juice. There are several options. Depending on what you do for a living. If you are sitting at a desk. They make a variable voltage mod that plugs directly into a USB port

Good luck. And everyone is right about moving up on nic or pg. but if you get a good variable voltage mod. That might suit your needs I also have a Hannah v3 It's rechargeable. The clones are about 100$. And you can out a 3200 mah battery in it that will last a good long minute. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A top coil designed clearomizer like an iClear 16 or iClear 30S will provide a warmer vape than a bottom coil design. The iClear 30A has 1.5 ohm replacement coils which will provide an even warmer vape.

iclear-30s.jpg iClear 30S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread