Thank you ECF community!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepherael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
Warsaw, Indiana, USA
I just wanted to put a story and big thank you in here.

I started vaping a couple years ago. I went over a year smoke free (I started back uo for a short while and have since quit again). I love everything about electronic cigarettes. On top of that this community has always backed me up. I've had a hard time the past 5 years or so with a disabled mom and aunt. I take care of them both and have personally followed my mom in a helicopter ride to the big hospital twice. In that time I haven't really been able to realize my goals in my career and education but I've made do. When I first started vaping there was someone on here who talked to me and right when I was about to start smoking (because I couldn't afford atomizers and it's much easier to scrape together $5 for a pack of smokes than $10-15 just for one atomizer and shipping) and she bought me a gift certificate for Clouds of Vapor. It was for $80! What an amazing person. On top of that is the PIF thread. I took part in that a couple times and it was great.

Then yesterday I made a thread looking to trade a bunch of juice that I bought back when I was taste testing for some of what I normally vape and/or a gripper because my other VV mods that can actually fit the RBA I have (switched to RBA's to save money) have broken or seem to be about to and I ran out of my stockpile of my 24/7 vape. I lost my job and I've been trying to start a business and this month just kicked me hard with money and I said that in my thread (because I felt weird looking for a gripper with juice as my trade) and someone sent me a msg letting me know that they understand how it is when you fall on hard times and asked me exactly what juice I use and went and ordered me a bottle of it.

That just shows me what a great community I'm part of and I want to congratulate all of you on your character, compassion, and empathy.

I have always done what I can for people in need whether they're in need of a smile, a lent ear, money, or anything else and it's great to see others do the same and feel like some of the good I've done has come back to me.

Thank you ECF. Thank you for being what you are

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Cool story, hang in there bro, I been through some horrible chit in recent years and know the feeling all to well, just always remember it may not seem possible but it can always be worse. with the help I got here I feel they saved my life as smoking was killing me.

Stories like this remind you there are still people out there with compassion, I hope you make it through all this and come out ok, god bless and good luck.

(now if someone would buy me a Siam mods cobra........)

Nepherael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
Warsaw, Indiana, USA
Cool story, hang in there bro, I been through some horrible chit in recent years and know the feeling all to well, just always remember it may not seem possible but it can always be worse. with the help I got here I feel they saved my life as smoking was killing me.

Stories like this remind you there are still people out there with compassion, I hope you make it through all this and come out ok, god bless and good luck.

(now if someone would buy me a Siam mods cobra........)

Thanks man. I just realized today was the perfect day to post this since it's thanksgiving. I hope whatever you've been through recently has worked out well for you. I'm dealing pretty well with what's up with my mom and stuff. She's doing better now than ever even though a recent surgery set us back a bit but besides that I'm hoping to get a business started and get moving forward with life. When I lost my job it was unlawful so I had a little unemployment but that has just run out. This month my fiance and my birthday is only a day apart and a few weeks ago I used just about everything I had left to take her to Chicago and propose. That went really well. So there's always a lot of good going on. I'm always aware of the fact that it could be worse and most of my bad times all stem from money matters. They say money isn't happiness but it sure as hell facilitates it haha.

Anyway I'm rambling but what I'm getting at is it could always be worse so I try not to let myself get too down when stuff goes south. My mom always taught me that everything would work out in the end. What I learned from that is that life and time will always move forward so no matter how bad something gets it will always pass and there can always be a new beginning.

Thanks again man. Good luck to ya and happy Thanksgiving.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Nepherael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
Warsaw, Indiana, USA
As far as smoking goes anyone in my family that has ever died died from smoking related illnesses. I knew I had to quit. Even at age 18 I said I have to quit by age 25. I made that commitment and I've followed it for the most part. I went a year smoke free at 24 and on and off at 25 and on my 26th birthday (Sunday) I'm gonna try and fully commit to not grabbing a smoke even if I have a hard time getting my ejuice.

Plus.... vaping blows smoking out of the water. It tastes amazing

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
just be glad for the cigs you dont smoke ,not worried that you cant quit altogether.
your still pretty young and there is a lot of life ahead of you, and yea somehow just when all seems lost life somehow finds a way.

just when I had given up all hope of finding a way out of my mess and said well guess is the end of the road for me , the next day my friend from canada just showed up out of the thin air and said don't fret my friend, we decided to open up a lab right here, and we need the best tech we can find to run a department and decided that's you............... two years later while not the life I had before it's going pretty dang good.

happy birthday, enjoy your turkey day and have an even better birthday!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread