Thank you from newb struggler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeterry

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
AR, USA
Thank you for not giving up on us strugglers. I was vaping well (1 week?) thought I had truly made it .Then problems, etc.... I mistakenly had my mind set that if I failed & gave in to even 1 cig. all would be lost; I would become a hopeless case. Alas, now as I am smoking & vaping I continue to search ECF & find so much helpfull advice. I am still hopeful-&-not giving up on all of you either. Thank you so much!!!!

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Trese,

Give up? NEVER! The greatest thing about this place is that we ALL were in exactly the same horrible place....stuck in the evil grips of nicotine addiction and desperately wanting to get out. There is no one size fits all about the process, it's as individual as we are. Some give it up upon receiving their first kit. AWESOME! Others, myself included take a bit longer. That's okay too.

Reward yourself for all of the cigs you DO NOT smoke and before you know it, you're FREE!!!!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
What ecig are you using?

I found it hard to accept that my first gorgeous tiny choice was not good enough, didn't have the best options, had the tiniest most annoying cartridges possible, etc. I still leave it set up at home with a nice flavor for an occasional drag.

Before my 1st month of vaping had finished, I found happiness with some new choices.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Hey Trese. One AR girl to another, I'm happy you've decided not to spank yourself for smoking cigarettes as you transition to vaping. Good for you! Some people never smoke after their first vape from an ecig but they're in the minority. You're transitioning gradually like most. I didn't go through any of the cold-turkey quit rituals like planning where I'd sit for my last cigarette, what time it would happen, disposing of cigarettes, lighters, ashtrays etc like I'd done so many times unsuccessfully. There were no rules. I was vaping and having a cigarette when I wanted one. I noticed a full pack sitting there and remembered I hadn't had one all day. I opened the pack a week or two later to see what one would taste like. Retched. Still have the pack with 19 cigarettes in it 8 months later. If I can do it, you can too. Ditch the rules, enjoy your ecig and you'll light fewer and fewer cigarettes. Good luck to you :)

chrisohare71

Verified Member
Oct 10, 2011
Sedona, AZ
Exactly! I have been vaping for about a month now and within a week I cut my smoking in half without trying, just vaping and then remembering to have a cigarette every two or three hours. Now, I am down to 1 or 2 a day and yesterday I woke up, started vaping and in the evening I realized that I hadn't had a cigarette all day!

Quite sure that once this tobacco is gone, I will not be buying more. If I didn't have any left, it sure seems like I would be ok with it. I just know that I don't beat my self up if I have an analog, it's ok. The last one I had sure didn't taste all that great, though.

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
I mistakenly had my mind set that if I failed & gave in to even 1 cig. all would be lost; I would become a hopeless case.

Heyas Trese,

I've only been vaping about 3 weeks. Haven't actually tried to quit smoking yet. But, I'm down from over 1pad to 1/2pad or less. Friday when I got off work I was out. Bought 3 packs and when I got up on monday, still had 9 left in the first pack. Then smoked 8 analogs on monday. I don't beat myself up about it or set ultimatums for myself though. Just by smoking less, I'm way ahead of the game imo.

The only thing you lost when you had another analog was the date of your most recent analog. Nothing else has changed. And why care if you had your last analog yesterday, last week, or last year? Only matters what you do today. I try for progress, not perfection :p

Live long and vapor,
Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I try for progress, not perfection :p

Live long and vapor,
Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

Wise words!

Myself, I got my first PV on 8/10/11 - it was on my desk when I returned from my lunch break. I was very excited and put it together and next break tried it out. I haven't had an analog since! I just didn't want it again. To be honest, I lit up one that night and the night after, just to see, and put them both out after one drag. I just didn't like them! I didn't set out to quit smoking right then & there, it just happened.

The only goal I set for myself was to try it and see what happened. I made no commitments to myself, and therefore had no pressure. It just happened that way.

So don't worry about it! To paraphrase Maximillian, just focus on progress, and see what happens. You might be surprised one day! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread