Thanks for 14 months of great vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I wanted to drop by and say thanks to the folks at IBTanked for the last 14 months of low-fuss vaping. This particular 22mm XL tank (5ml) has been in action every single day for the past 11 months. I vape DIY unflavored only so one tank gets a lot of use from me. I punch my own non-flanged Smok single coil XL cartos using a Siam Mods V2 carto punch. Even with four medium holes punched in each carto I am still using the first set of O-rings that came with the tank. :D

carto1.jpg

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Here is another shot taken today for more detail. Somewhere along the line I took out the lower shock-absorbing washer. The tank still doesn't leak without it. I left the upper shock absorber in place.

I change out cartos every seven to ten days and wash out the IBTank each time. I don't take the tank apart for washing. The tank goes to the kitchen sink where I remove the carto with the long carto tool/drip tip I got from IBTanked. Then I flush it out with warm water. Next I cover one end cap with a finger and squirt about 1ml of Palmolive Antibacterial Dishwashing liquid into the tank and fill it about half way with water. Then I cover the other end cap with my thumb, shake hard for 10 seconds and let the liquid sit inside the the tank for another 30 seconds to let the antibacterials do their job. After that I rinse the tank out thoroughly under the tap.

I use the same carto tool/drip tip to install a new punched carto. The carto and tool get lubed with a little juice first.

Believe it or not I punch larger holes into the carto during the winter than I do for the summer. I DIY a very thick VG juice. The larger holes will cause flooding with warmer summer temperatures. It gets over 100° here in Norcal.

ibtanked1.jpg

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hey yzer, thats some good mileage. I have some serious time on a couple tanks myself. Thanks for the Pictures, they look great and bigger thanks for keeping the word out there. I see you posting around trying to help guide folks.

Thing is so many folks have a steadfast belief there is no good to be had from a cartomizer tank, they find RBA flavor of the week and proclaim its greatness over all else without regard to what the next person wants from their vaping experience. You with no flavor is a prime example, me with a single flavor I have used almost exclusively for 2 years might be another. The level of fiddle, fuss and energy spent on the next level to come is something each will learn on their own. To me it is like saying I love spinach so you will too.

Cant tell you how many times I have been thanked by folks for keeping their vaping simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread