Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
Usually I go to my sisters for Thanksgiving, but this year she is picking up her son from the airport so we are staying home. My husband cooks Barbecue ribs for Thanksgiving...... I know a little different than the norm but by the time our kids come back from everywhere else they are ready for something different, We are still planning the rest of the meal but cornbread mashed potatoes, and pies so far

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2014
Amarillo, TX
My parents usually pick me up on the way to a Thanksgiving family reunion held in Winters, TX for part of my dad's family. We'll probably have a choice of turkey N trimmings or barbecue for the meal, this IS Texas, after all! My sister, brother in law, and niece live in Oklahoma, and this year after the reunion, Mom, Dad, N I are headed to my brother in law's parent's place to spend a day or two with THAT family. Then, Mom N Dad are taking me back here, spending the night on Saturday and going to church with me on Sunday before heading back home to New Mexico. I always love these trips, this year should be no exception! Thanks for the contest and happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from Doomite Central!

sungbd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
My family usually go to the indoor water park altogether right before the thanksgiving (usually Wednesday and Thursday) when I was a little boy.
I didn't know why but it was really fun anyway...
Now I know why it is... it is the cheapest deal of the year. LOL.

And I still follow that tradition with my kids.
So, this Thanksgiving I am going to go to indoor waterpark at Niagara Fall.
waterparkpano2.jpg

dolphins35

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Spanaway, Wa
We are having Thanksgiving at home this year. The family and in laws are coming to us. :)
We are making Turkey and stuffing, mashed potatos, Green bean casserole, Corn, Yams with Marshmollows,
Dinner rolls and cranberry sauce.

For appetizer, we will have a veggie tray, nuts tray and deviled eggs.

For dessert there will be Pumpkin and pecan pie and bread pudding.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Thanks Moe and VaporBomb for the contest.

TheProphet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Benbrook, TX, USA
My family generally gathers at my grandparents house, however this year my grandfather went a little senile about how he was going to make Thanksgiving Dinner (make it all the Sunday before then just heat it up day of *blech*), so my uncle is treating us all to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Don't have an oven big enough to cook a turkey. Sometimes we order one but haven't done that in a few years. Sometimes we go out to eat and other time we just get som assorted platters from town - sushi and finger fodd type stuff. One of the kids might be working that day so makes it hard to make plans.
Probably won't decide what we're doing til a couple days before.

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
My parents usually pick me up on the way to a Thanksgiving family reunion held in Winters, TX for part of my dad's family. We'll probably have a choice of turkey N trimmings or barbecue for the meal, this IS Texas, after all! My sister, brother in law, and niece live in Oklahoma, and this year after the reunion, Mom, Dad, N I are headed to my brother in law's parent's place to spend a day or two with THAT family. Then, Mom N Dad are taking me back here, spending the night on Saturday and going to church with me on Sunday before heading back home to New Mexico. I always love these trips, this year should be no exception! Thanks for the contest and happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from Doomite Central!

That sounds like a wonderful plan!!!!

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
I would like to cook a nice turkey dinner for my husband and me..our daughter moved to England and family lives all over so it's just us..it can get lonely for us..

I have always had big family Thanksgivings so I couldn't imagine it just being me and my husband. Did your daughter move to England for work? How does she like it?

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
My family usually go to the indoor water park altogether right before the thanksgiving (usually Wednesday and Thursday) when I was a little boy.
I didn't know why but it was really fun anyway...
Now I know why it is... it is the cheapest deal of the year. LOL.

And I still follow that tradition with my kids.
So, this Thanksgiving I am going to go to indoor waterpark at Niagara Fall.
waterparkpano2.jpg

Don't tell my kids....lol that sounds like a blast!!! I have seen on the news you guys are getting nasty snow!!!!

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
We are having Thanksgiving at home this year. The family and in laws are coming to us. :)
We are making Turkey and stuffing, mashed potatos, Green bean casserole, Corn, Yams with Marshmollows,
Dinner rolls and cranberry sauce.

For appetizer, we will have a veggie tray, nuts tray and deviled eggs.

For dessert there will be Pumpkin and pecan pie and bread pudding.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Thanks Moe and VaporBomb for the contest.

Can you believe last year was the first time I had pecan pie?!!! I love it now!!!! That will also be on my list. Dinner sounds delicious!!!

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
My family generally gathers at my grandparents house, however this year my grandfather went a little senile about how he was going to make Thanksgiving Dinner (make it all the Sunday before then just heat it up day of *blech*), so my uncle is treating us all to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

Well dinner at the Steakhouse sounds like that may be the best option this year for you. Thursday is a long ways from Sunday when it comes to food.

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
Don't have an oven big enough to cook a turkey. Sometimes we order one but haven't done that in a few years. Sometimes we go out to eat and other time we just get som assorted platters from town - sushi and finger fodd type stuff. One of the kids might be working that day so makes it hard to make plans.
Probably won't decide what we're doing til a couple days before.

I see from your profile you are in Okinawa how is that? I always pictured that as being beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread