Status
Not open for further replies.

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Just a warning about those Thunder Boys...I had a friend DRAG me to see them in person in Vegas. I had had NO alcohol yet.
They were all about 20 years old, and it was very creepy to me because my own sons are that age, and I just kept wanting to yell out "Does your Mother know you're doing that?" ...
I may have been able to overcome my prudish motherly-ness if I'd had a few shots of something before going...but it was weird.

Too funny Techno!! I also have a 20-yr-old son and I completely understand what you mean! I'll see a well-muscled, good-looking young man and start to appreciate how good they look.... then I'll say to myself, "damn, I'm probably old enough to be their mom!!" And that just ain't right, LOL!

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
I just found an old photo back when I was young. LOL Growing up poor really sucked! However, it carried over into adulthood with being frugal!
zvemiv.jpg

OMG Sdh, I have an almost identical picture somewhere...me with the same hair dryer & TV...also, a similar annoying brother looking for trouble!
I told my kids that when I was a kid, I WAS the remote control for the TV. Being the youngest, it was always "Techno-click through the channels, faster, slower, stop STOP!" etc...

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I had to tell my son about the old days. When TV was the only qualified babysitter. LOL No cell phones, electronic video games and what not.

Techno, I think parents have this thing with taking photos of kids with hair dryers back in the 60's. One of my friends told me she has a photo of herself when she was a kid with a hair dryer. WTH?

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
I had to tell my son about the old days. When TV was the only qualified babysitter. LOL No cell phones, electronic video games and what not.

Techno, I think parents have this thing with taking photos of kids with hair dryers back in the 60's. One of my friends told me she has a photo of herself when she was a kid with a hair dryer. WTH?

I think you're right about the hair dryers. Perhaps it was a novelty, and they thought their kids looked adorable with giant puffed up air filled heads!

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
Ok...yall are killin me here.....I used to have one of those TV's.... Well my parents did anyway! And I too was a channel changer... although we only had 3.... so it wasn't too hard...... :laugh:

SC

So true...ONly we had a couple more channels that could only be found if little Techno was propped up on a chair to hold the bunny ears just right...

Free2BMe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
IL
LMAO!! We have a friend that told us one time that he would NEVER buy a tv that worked with a remote control. He said he was never too lazy that he couldn't tell his wife or kids to get up and change the channel.

It was really funny when he told it...but maybe even more funnier now after y'all have made me realize the truth as it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread