Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Yeah, no topics, no rules, just random chatter for the V4L family and others!

So my new neighbor is a Sherifs officer, I'm not particularly fond of cops, for lots of reasons! But he seems to have taken a shine to me for some reason and likes to come over to drink beer, tell lies and watch the idiot box out in the garage.
So I set him up with a mini fridge to put his beer in. Well it wasn't cold enough, I'll grant, it was a tad warm, so I found and bought another one and got it set up. He comes over the next day and he's ...... the beer is frozen? Friggin cops! Just no way to make them happy!
We had 7.25" of rain over the weekend then an outlook of rain the next four days, I could sit here and watch the grass grow! I finally got my 48" JD going and he's got a 48" ZTR, we mowed a quarter of the block tonight, about three acres, in 20min, it was crazy! Had people coming out videoing it because we were moving so fast! Then he came over and drank a nonfrozen beer.

Fam,

We will get our forum up and running again, may take a while, but, we are commited to having fun again. Saw, miss you baby:2cool:Katz, hope your doing great, glad your spring is on it's way.:banana: I am hoping we get our old fam back, as well as growing with new members. I think maybe we should sticky some of our best of threads for new, and old to see. I like this idea, how about you?

vape-On

Smilin;):lol::smokie:

Last edited by a moderator:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Yes, yes I am going to drag people here! Kicking and screaming at that!

So I've been up since 11:30am yesterday, still waiting for my pain meds to kick in.
I'm sitting in the drive watching the idiot box and along come a Blue Neon comes down the street clattering and banging! It's the cops step daughter, I load the younger kids up and get them to school and get the Neon in my drive. It's not looking good, been overheated too much I'm thinking, pretty sure it needs a head gasket, but I'm not sure how bad it got. The fact it has 150,000 miles on it doesn't strengthen the case to save it. I'm waiting on a couple of calls to get other opinions on it. And of course they are broke and have no credit!

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Yes, yes I am going to drag people here! Kicking and screaming at that!

So I've been up since 11:30am yesterday, still waiting for my pain meds to kick in.
I'm sitting in the drive watching the idiot box and along come a Blue Neon comes down the street clattering and banging! It's the cops step daughter, I load the younger kids up and get them to school and get the Neon in my drive. It's not looking good, been overheated too much I'm thinking, pretty sure it needs a head gasket, but I'm not sure how bad it got. The fact it has 150,000 miles on it doesn't strengthen the case to save it. I'm waiting on a couple of calls to get other opinions on it. And of course they are broke and have no credit!
YES! I love this idea. This is just the thing for venting and ranting and celebrating and saying whatever comes to mind! We can all get to know each other betterer! Great idea, @sawlight!

Oof that sounds like you've really had a lot going on. You have my sympathy and a virtual hug, if that helps.

I spent the weekend in the car, or in strangers' homes, dressed up as Elmo or Minnie Mouse and entertaining kids. I don't think I was conscious at home for more than ten minutes at a time :p

Last night, I got home with high hopes and lofty dreams. But I had just gotten a body pillow to rest my giant head on (my own head. Not the mascot Elmo head) and I wanted to try it out to see if it worked. It did. TOO WELL. I woke back up at 12:25 a.m. I was mad at myself, but I guess my body needed it, and today I felt nice and rested.

I woke up and did some yoga, and then I later made the grave mistake of simultaneously drinking a cup of V8 spicy hot juice and a cup of cappuccino. Thats about where I'm at right now. #regret

:nah::shock::unsure:

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I couldn't do the Elmo thing, no thank you!
Caffeine crashes, yeah not a good thing after over exhaustion! Sip a little more on the V8 throughout the day and drink coffee at intervals to keep the crash at bay!
I sweated so much as Elmo. Usually I can hang in the costume for an hour, but it was a rough one. On Saturday, I had to be Minnie Mouse for two hours straight, but at least I had a dress on! GLAMOUR!

Hey, @MorganVapes0121, @ModGuyMike and @SMILIN hop in sawlight's fun thread here! I know @ModGuyMike had an interesting weekend.

Reactions: Foggy Road

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Got to bed around 2:30, my son woke me up at 8:30. I took him to school, back in bed about 9:30 and got up at 2.
I'm debating wether or not I'm going to touch this car today or not.
It sounds like a cursed vehicle if you ask me. Maybe you owe yourself a little R and R. This should be reassuring, but it might not be: it's not going anywhere. :p

Reactions: Foggy Road

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Hellllllllooooooooo???? Bueller? Bueller?

Finally got my Kayfun V4 wicked right, not as easy as it sounds! So I was chilling with it at 20 watts but decided I needed a little more punch tonight! I blew the dust off my Theorum, dry burnt the notch coil, I really am starting to like these things! Wicked it back up and filled it with some NET juice. 30 watts at 400 deg and it's hitting the spot better!

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Hellllllllooooooooo???? Bueller? Bueller?

Finally got my Kayfun V4 wicked right, not as easy as it sounds! So I was chilling with it at 20 watts but decided I needed a little more punch tonight! I blew the dust off my Theorum, dry burnt the notch coil, I really am starting to like these things! Wicked it back up and filled it with some NET juice. 30 watts at 400 deg and it's hitting the spot better!
Sounds like things are looking up! Did ya spot any storms? I am under the weather and working from home today. IT's been rainy out here too.

Great Albatross reference in the earlier post! That's one of my favorite poems and I love when I'm able to throw that phrase into casual conversation.

We gotta tag some peeps and git this thread going!

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Indeed! Not sure how many peeps haunt this forum anymore, most of the ones I know are long gone!

Indeed Saw, I've started popping in again these past few months. I stopped for quite a while and I don't know what happened but clearly some not-so-good-stuff in the mix. Used to be a lot of use chatting and sharing.

Sooooo, here in Tasmania we are coming to the end of another winter and spring is tantalising us with little hints. A bit of warmth to the sunlight - you can tell when the cat starts seeking out sunbeams to lie in. Still not warm, most days are 3-4 degrees celsius overnight to around 13-15 during the day, that's around 37-57 F. Sorry Lady V, no photos of the fruit trees in bloom (I'm so lazy).

Reactions: sawlight

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Woof. I wasn't on Ecf long ago. Was it busier in general? I feel like a lot of users don't hang out on the forum supplier subforums buy chill out in the main Ecf threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweetie, this used to be "Thee place" on ECF! It was jammin in here! I can remember days just trying to get caught up on threads in this forum, half the time I didn't have time to read threads outside of here!
I was in chat with Mark (well before your time) then in chat with Steve, around 2-3am, then I'd get on Skype and tell Leoford about things I'd run across (again, well before your time)!
This is the home of the Taryn spin, I kid you not, Google it!
We had a blast in here! I met a LOT of WONDERFUL and caring people, that are still dear to me in here! @katz-in-boots is just one of many (great to see you dear, btw!), we were a "family" in the greatest sense! Someone needed, they were taken care of! I was the recipient more than I can tell, but I gifted to many others, and many, many more gifted beyond that!
Seriously, there were many times Steve contacted me "You can't pay now, we'll settle up later, let me help you out!"
I never had to take him up on that (I'm proud to a fault sometimes) but just the fact of someone reaching out like that, you've no idea what that means sometimes! Even now, I talked to him a few months ago, "Tell me what you need, I'll have it out tomorrow!" You don't get that from other vendors, you just don't!
I don't know how things went sideways, I don't care, but I do know Steve is the real deal and he's earned my respect.

Reactions: LadyVapentine

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
@LadyVapentine sorry, I'm really tired and stupid busy atm, but go back a long way, look at some of the threads I put together for stickies for this forum, look at all the silly threads I started for this forum!
I'm not hitching a ride, I've been trying for a while to make the ride better!

Reactions: LadyVapentine

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Sweetie, this used to be "Thee place" on ECF! It was jammin in here! I can remember days just trying to get caught up on threads in this forum, half the time I didn't have time to read threads outside of here!
I was in chat with Mark (well before your time) then in chat with Steve, around 2-3am, then I'd get on Skype and tell Leoford about things I'd run across (again, well before your time)!
This is the home of the Taryn spin, I kid you not, Google it!
We had a blast in here! I met a LOT of WONDERFUL and caring people, that are still dear to me in here! @katz-in-boots is just one of many (great to see you dear, btw!), we were a "family" in the greatest sense! Someone needed, they were taken care of! I was the recipient more than I can tell, but I gifted to many others, and many, many more gifted beyond that!
Seriously, there were many times Steve contacted me "You can't pay now, we'll settle up later, let me help you out!"
I never had to take him up on that (I'm proud to a fault sometimes) but just the fact of someone reaching out like that, you've no idea what that means sometimes! Even now, I talked to him a few months ago, "Tell me what you need, I'll have it out tomorrow!" You don't get that from other vendors, you just don't!
I don't know how things went sideways, I don't care, but I do know Steve is the real deal and he's earned my respect.
That's awesome! I've gone through and read some of the old posts from Steve and Leaford. And I heard all about the Taryn spin!!! When I came on, Steve wanted me to help revitalize the forum, as it had gone quiet in the year or so that he had to let the interim CEO take over. Sometimes when it's quiet in here, I feel like maybe I'm doing something wrong or that there is something I'm not doing that I should be doing.

I really love it on here and I wish I had more people chatting and having fun! I want it to be the spot I go before I reluctantly go to bed at 4 a.m.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread