Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hmmmm, I'm just now experimenting with TC. I got a VaporFlask Squonk clone that supports Ni200 TC control. I'm expecting a Cloupor Mini to arrive soon as well. Because of the squonk, I'm running a Velocity RDA, and I'm LOVING it. I've heard that the Velocity Mini (fasttech) enhances flavor because the topcap is shorter (build deck is the same) I'm contemplating grabbing one, just to see if it lives up to its hype.

I'm sure there are many others who have more experience who will chime in.....

Reactions: Andrew Leigh

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I don't know about the "best" RDA but I'm partial to the Norbert Origen V3 for temp control. The critical factors are the solidity of the connections and making sure the screws won't clip the wire leads. The Origen V3 is the best I've used in those regards. Flavor is out of control.

NLGY3Qh.jpg

Andrew Leigh

Sep 9, 2015
I really like my Derringer for my TC builds. The flavor from this RDA is great due to the small chamber and the short distance the vapor has to travel from the coils to your mouth. The grub screws make for a good connection too which is very important when using Ni200.
I have a Derringer and I love the flavor I have never used temp control. so would you say it's better in TC over Power mode?

GenericPCusername

Oct 6, 2015
NEPA
I have a Derringer and I love the flavor I have never used temp control. so would you say it's better in TC over Power mode?

I think the design of the atty lends itself to great flavor regardless of TC or kanthal builds. That being said, the benefits of TC vaping are multiplied when coupled with a great atomizer.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I been thinking is there and RDA or RDTA that is best for temp control? As far a flavor or is just if the RDA is good on flavor in power mode it just good no matter what?

From my experience so far I would say that solid connections have the most significant impact to peoples TC experience today, specially if you're using nickel because it's so soft. I don't use nickel unless I can clamp it under the head of a screw. Titanium is easier to use because it's harder. Fewer contact surfaces in an atty are IMO also beneficial.

Other than that, if it's a good atty in VW mode it will still be good in TC mode. The only thing TC changes is that if you set it up right it won't give you a burnt hit if the wick runs dry.

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
As far a flavor or is just if the RDA is good on flavor in power mode it just good no matter what?
Either way you will end up ramping up to where you prefer the warmth and flavor of your juice. Once dialed in, TC will prevent you from overshooting your preferences and reduce the likelihood of a harsh draw.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
And that you wont go past your preferred warmth and flavor points if you tend to take long draws.

Actually I find I get a more consistent vape being power limited rather than temperature limited which is why I don't generally use TC. I also mostly use RDAs with good wicking. That controls wire temperature well enough so a long drag does not noticeably change flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread