Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Billet Birth,,,

Well I said I would give updates 'bout what I'm getting up to, and show off a bit about what goes into making the Billet Box. If you have been following the thread you will know that I needed to do some retooling for the Pre Orders... This included a few modifications to the CNC machine (spindle, and cooling system), some new work boards (thick cast and precision ground aluminum plates) and a little re-coding to make it all work together.... Done,,, now it's time to cut things!!!

I'll try to keep my camera charged and snap some pics to show some of the steps as we go from phase to phase,,, if your on the pre order list, one of these may be your new friend! If you already have one, this is how it got made.

ZOMG, shiny!!!

Now this is just the first operation for these bodies, the boxes are still attached to each other and the other side still needs machining, but so far, lookin' good...

Fin_1st_op_zpsb2dc5493.jpg

That's mine! I can FEEL it! :D

xformulax

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Colorado, USA
I agree,,,, I'm pretty straight myself (wife can back me on that one), but I have no problem saying that you buddy, are a handsome guy. When I did my videos I had to type it down first, and keep my eyes on the words (this was to keep me in check, as that was nowhere near close to how i speak in my natural habitat)... You swung it from the hip, far better than I could by miles...

The key to this type of "public speaking" (which I believe he followed) is to keep a bullet point list for organization and getting to the point while touching each key bullet point in your own natural words.

His video was great, but I wouldn't say yours is all that bad :)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 powered iHybrid Spider LE.

sahilm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
New Delhi India
omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed Brutus my friend , just my emotions after seeing all the pics .
Doug Dino sir , u are truly amazing and a huge ++++ for the vaping community and mankind .

best to all
Sahil .

ps: Brutus my friend, feb is just 2 weeks away , i will be so excited when you & everyone else here also gets em Billet boxes .

Last edited:

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
Indeed Brutus my friend , just my emotions after seeing all the pics .
Doug Dino sir , u are truly amazing and a huge ++++ for the vaping community and mankind .

best to all
Sahil .

ps: Brutus my friend, feb is just 2 weeks away , i will be so excited when you & everyone else here also gets em Billet boxes .

I can barely contain myself waiting for my BB!

Jim66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2012
Amherst, Ohio
Doug, I just want to say a big thank you for keeping us informed. I love the pics. After the jbox issue (which I have been waiting on since August and will probably never get), this is a huge breath of fresh air for me. I wasn't going to pre order ANYTHING ever again until I read your posts and saw your videos. I can't wait to get my BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread