Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
Will extra tanks be available to purchase?

I like to change what I'm vaping several times during the day.

Yup, we are working out the details of the pre order package right now and will have an extra tank option for a discounted price... and if anybody really needs a tank before we have them on the site you can yell at me here.

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
Just want to say a big thank you to everybody here on ECF, all of your replies have meant a ton to me after this past year of locking myself in my workshop for days at a time and not sharing what I was working on with anyone... I know a few of you here got in on the pre release and I can't wait to hear how they work for you... I'm packing up these little gals up right now and they will be shipping off into the wild tomorrow. I will also try to have the tank filling video and anything else I think of up on our website by Tuesday.

As we sold out over night, and have one email account with hundreds of messages in it, we are getting some idea of what we need to prep and put in place for the pre order, so we are working on that. My worker bees and I are going to be working this week to offer a few more pre release models, and I will post here with a good heads up the exact time they will be available on our site as to give ECF members the first chance to grab one at the intro price.

Thanks a bunch for all your support,

ian74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Just want to say a big thank you to everybody here on ECF, all of your replies have meant a ton to me after this past year of locking myself in my workshop for days at a time and not sharing what I was working on with anyone... I know a few of you here got in on the pre release and I can't wait to hear how they work for you... I'm packing up these little gals up right now and they will be shipping off into the wild tomorrow. I will also try to have the tank filling video and anything else I think of up on our website by Tuesday.

As we sold out over night, and have one email account with hundreds of messages in it, we are getting some idea of what we need to prep and put in place for the pre order, so we are working on that. My worker bees and I are going to be working this week to offer a few more pre release models, and I will post here with a good heads up the exact time they will be available on our site as to give ECF members the first chance to grab one at the intro price.

Thanks a bunch for all your support,

I'm totally psyched to get my hands on mine. I will certainly be posting my impressions and thoughts after a few days of use. Best of luck with your endeavor. I think you really found your calling.

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
I'd love to see a pic of your steampunked out prototype. Please?!?!

Ahhh, i told myself I wasn't going to show her off.... but you did say please. Introducing prototype #1, never polished out, straight out Dev and into service about some time in July. This is my work horse get dirty Billetbox. The Billet Box was always supposed to have wood plates but was changed to carbon fiber about two months ago. I have many reasons for not using wood quite yet, but it will be on the agenda after we anchor the company into place and I'v had more time to tinker and test.

S_Punk.jpg

made a brass voltage dial too, but never got around to putting it on and lost it in a jar of coins on the desk.

TheDarthVap3r

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
uk
the look incredible. ive nver had a box before , im , as you put in your vid , falsly avdertising. but this has got me looking into boxmods. your work is gorgeous. iv entered the competition in hope of wining one of these bad boys based on engraving preferences. th wooden option shown above would look great with personised engravings!. bookmarked your website , wil definately be keeping an eye on these.

great work .

sahilm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
New Delhi India
Dear Doug Dino Sir , a very good day to you and i hope my message finds you in great health and spirit today .
To start with , THANK YOU SO SO SO VERY MUCH for making my dream mod , I am a carto user and have been looking for a vv mod with a recessed tank . you have finally done it and "with class , precision , and elegance " what a beauty you have made .

Also not to forget that you have not made one of a kind for yourself and left it there , infact you went ahead and though about others who may want something similar , a very noble and kind deed and gesture too on your part sir .

Now a bit about myself , I am Sahil , 40 years old and live in New Delhi India , i have been vaping for the past 2 years and ONLY use cartomizers and tanks all the time , i have been through mostly EVERYTHING else out there in the past 2 years from atties , dripping , ce-2's , t2 , t3 , ego tank and you name it ....
Currently at home i use my provari's and when out i use a Reo grand vv with a carto OR a recessed tank mod made by my self .
( i will attach snaps of it below ).

Sir i am very keen on buying one of the mods that you have made , i did get a prompt and very sweet reply from " Anne " and will keep my eyes open for the listing , I would certainly like an extra tank with it tho .

My questions are as follows .

1) How is the air draw on this mod , this is a big concern for me as i like a very loose draw , i do see that you have made 3 small slits on the side of the billet for airflow , but would it be good enough FOR ME !! I say " for me " in capitals cause im the fussy one here -:)

2) can i use a 801 fusion cartomizers with this mod , i do know and realize that the boge 510's are the most popular and i do too use them every now and then, but i also like to use the 801's , i could not understand the connection on the billet very well after seeing the video ,but if i am thinking what i am , Maybe i could use a 510 to 801 stealth adapter with it !!

3) would you be adding / could you add shipping to India also please , only via Ems ( safe and secure with tracking all the way ) , thats how i got 3 of my provari's and my reo grand and reo grand vv from the USA, it costs about 30$ or so, which i am willing to pay .

I apologize for such a long post , but this mod has really got me excited and i cant think of anything else but this for the last 24 hours since i saw your website -:) .

I wish you well and tons of sucsess with your mod .
warm regards
Sahil .

below is a Vapage bottom feeder mod which i cut up , drilled , re-wired and dremiled to turn into a recessed tank mod , it takes 2x 16340 batts and uses a dimensions vv step down chip , the fire button is the original , the bottom feeding system was cut of and i added a 510 connector to it .

123 #2.jpg
23.jpg

shack22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Halifax,Canada

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
HA, that is soooo not how i speak when i'm not reading off the computer screen.. everybody who knows my normal speaking voice is flat thrown.. the straw one is hand down my favorite, my wife hides it from me so i don't wear it while i work and ruin it... and thanks, magnets were out of the question for me due to iron shaving and other magnetic debris i seem to love to roll around in.

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
Dear Doug Dino Sir , a very good day to you and i hope my message finds you in great health and spirit today .
To start with , THANK YOU SO SO SO VERY MUCH for making my dream mod , I am a carto user and have been looking for a vv mod with a recessed tank . you have finally done it and "with class , precision , and elegance " what a beauty you have made .

Also not to forget that you have not made one of a kind for yourself and left it there , infact you went ahead and though about others who may want something similar , a very noble and kind deed and gesture too on your part sir .

Now a bit about myself , I am Sahil , 40 years old and live in New Delhi India , i have been vaping for the past 2 years and ONLY use cartomizers and tanks all the time , i have been through mostly EVERYTHING else out there in the past 2 years from atties , dripping , ce-2's , t2 , t3 , ego tank and you name it ....
Currently at home i use my provari's and when out i use a Reo grand vv with a carto OR a recessed tank mod made by my self .
( i will attach snaps of it below ).

Sir i am very keen on buying one of the mods that you have made , i did get a prompt and very sweet reply from " Anne " and will keep my eyes open for the listing , I would certainly like an extra tank with it tho .

My questions are as follows .

1) How is the air draw on this mod , this is a big concern for me as i like a very loose draw , i do see that you have made 3 small slits on the side of the billet for airflow , but would it be good enough FOR ME !! I say " for me " in capitals cause im the fussy one here -:)

2) can i use a 801 fusion cartomizers with this mod , i do know and realize that the boge 510's are the most popular and i do too use them every now and then, but i also like to use the 801's , i could not understand the connection on the billet very well after seeing the video ,but if i am thinking what i am , Maybe i could use a 510 to 801 stealth adapter with it !!

3) would you be adding / could you add shipping to India also please , only via Ems ( safe and secure with tracking all the way ) , thats how i got 3 of my provari's and my reo grand and reo grand vv from the USA, it costs about 30$ or so, which i am willing to pay .

I apologize for such a long post , but this mod has really got me excited and i cant think of anything else but this for the last 24 hours since i saw your website -:) .

I wish you well and tons of sucsess with your mod .
warm regards
Sahil .

below is a Vapage bottom feeder mod which i cut up , drilled , re-wired and dremiled to turn into a recessed tank mod , it takes 2x 16340 batts and uses a dimensions vv step down chip , the fire button is the original , the bottom feeding system was cut of and i added a 510 connector to it .

View attachment 158987
View attachment 158988

No problem, my wife showed me your mod and post on face book, thank you...
in answer to your questions
#1 the draw is not restricted at all, the cartomizer has as free of air flow as allowed by the two small holes found just above the threads. You can also make these holes bigger if you have the tools, and that is great if you like more air'y draws.. this is also a good trick for cartos that are hard to draw right off the bat due to manufacturing slop / error.

#2 I Just tried it, and to my complete surprise, yah it may work... would need a small piece of metal to bridge the connection... but with just a little tinkering i really to think that might just work... I'll take a pic for you.
ok, poo, i'v been up for two days straight but i have to try this.... maybe if i just shave the bottom of the 801 a hair.... BRB

Last edited:

Doug Dino

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
U-taw
www.billetboxvapor.com
Wow didn't see that coming, it worked.... for like 3 seconds before i popped it like a grape @ 5.4 volts, i have no idea what ohm it was, i don't use them.... So the answer is yes, if you can sand the bottom and pull out the contact a hair, it dose make vapor, i cannot promise it is worth the effort (I have the unfair advantage of my industrial belt sander like 12 feet to my right), nor that it will work well, as this is all news to me.... but I now know it to be "possible".

801_2.jpg

801_1.jpg

801_3.jpg

#3 sure,

thanks for the questions, and sharing your mod with us...

PS: lamb pasanda and garlic naan, a big thank you to your people for comin' up with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread